A simple fix for the Orion/NS-15m ads whining

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chryvrius, Aug 24, 2015.

1. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yeah, this is pretty accurate.

OP's method for slightly nerfing ADS while shielded is actually a good one since it applies to the heavy assault class across all factions while the "just remove it from LMG's" is bad since it's a VS nerf disguised as a movement speed nerf. The range thing I've commented on before and DBG lowing the velocity of the CQC LMG's would be a good start since low velocity is how this game is designed to force things like CQC, and I'm fully in favor of a medkit cooldown.
  2. Scr1nRusher

Its not a "VS nerf".

Will you stop getting triggered?
  3. asmodraxus

So a removal of the 200 damage tier wouldn't be a nerf to just the NC then?
    Or a reduction in clip sizes for ALL carbines and assault rifles wouldn't mainly affect the TR then?

Just saying...

Also what buffs to those LMG's that you would remove the 0.75 ADS would you think is fair, tighter CoF, tighter CoF whilst moving?

Your quick to say remove it, but not what you would replace it with?
    • Up x 1
  4. Scr1nRusher

What DBG has on the PTS would do the trick, but I would add 4 changes(Looking at the changes as a whole) to them.

Change #1: SVA-88 Minimal damage range increased from 65m to 75m.

Change #2: Gauss Saw ADS COF Recoil changed from 0.07 to 0.06.

Change #3: NS-15M ADS modifier changed from 0.75x to 0.5x

Change #4: NS-15M RPM changed from 625 rpm to 652 rpm.
  5. FieldMarshall

Are people really complaining about the NS15?
  6. Chryvrius

Sometimes, not as much as battlegoose whining though :p
  7. asmodraxus

Well according to the PTS server changes SVA-88 becomes a Pulsar LSW clone with less.
    Orion becomes a worse copy of the MSW-R due to no SPA

And so on, hence why the changes got shelved, that and the difference 0.75 ADS actually makes is irrelevant seeing as the top performing LMG based on KPH and KPU isn't the Orion but the Anchor, so what nerfs does that get?
  8. orangejedi829

9. Collin

The Betelgeuse is playing a different game here and is totaly out of whack
  10. Zombo

11. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yeah this. The Betelgeuse's problem isn't 0.75 ADS, it's the heat mechanic not being properly tuned.
  12. Erendil

I would say it's not even that. IMO i'ts not that it's unbalanced. It's just the very idea of having a weapon that has unlimited ammo and no need to reload with a little trigger discipline makes it irresistible to the top tier farmers.

It attracts those players who excel the most at farming lots of baddies, so much so that many of them play VS alts just so they can farm w/ the BG.. I don't think that tuning it will reduce its performance numbers much. Farmers will be farmers.
  13. Collin

How about just thinking to be fancy make the butcher 0,75 and belt feed the outcry would be immense
  14. MarkAntony

only from bads who think it that 0.75 is a huge deal.