A SCATMAX tries the Mercy (yup)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laraso, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Laraso

No it's not. It would be different if I just posted the video and said "hey guys look, i got kills the mercy is fine lol". That's not what I did though. I posted a video showing what I did, and then after that I explained what I learned from that experience.
    • Up x 3
  2. Hibiki54

Obviously you never played Planetside 1.

I am biased because I am NC. But I don't complain about my faction or other factions unless it is plainly obvious something is wrong or OP about something. The TTK for AI MAX weaponry is pretty much the same across the board. I get killed just as fast by Gatling MAXs as I do by Spandex MAXs while playing infantry. People of other factions complaining about ScatMAX instagib obviously are not players using Uppercuts/Phobos, which can still OHK infantry post GU6.

ScatMAXs were nerfed twice over. The first from the overall shotgun nerf followed by the nerf to all MAX AI weaponry, especially the Hacksaw. While I don't mind the nerf (as much), my biggest gripe about it is that you take away the one thing that the NC MAX was good at, which is obviously CQB. Unless you use Mattocks or slugs, anything beyond 15m is not worth firing at.

So, I would like to thank the Forumside community for their hard work in nerfing the NC. Feel good about yourself until someone starts complaining about Strikers and Magriders (again)
    • Up x 2
  3. Laraso

:eek:

Snip that quote man!
    • Up x 8
  4. TintaBux

NC don't whine enough like TR/NC to have any influence on getting a nerf or balance pass.
    • Up x 2
  5. Blitzkrieg

I know, I took note of it mate, I read it. I'm just putting it out there to the people who need to keep reassuring them selves that the pre-nerf max was balanced in that regard...
  6. Ninjivitis

LOL You didn't even watch the video did you?
    • Up x 4
  7. Cinnamon

Mercy standing cof, cof bloom, bloom/s sustained fire
    1.25, 0.05, 0.36

Standing aim inital cone of fire, cone of fire bloom, bloom/s sustained fire
    Carv/Orion 0.1, 0.05, 0.63
    Gauss Saw 0, 0.07, 0.58

Mercy starts with a large cone of fire but it increases at a slower rate than you would expect from an LMG. You would have to fire a Carv or Orion non stop for two second to get the level of inaccuracy the Mercy starts with, just a little longer for the SAW.

Facts.

But yeah, TR and VS AI max are effective against infantry especially if played by an experienced MAX player. Nobody could argue with this.
    • Up x 3
  8. DashRendar

I'm surprised, not many TR chiming in here. I think you've found the way to shut them up.
    • Up x 2
  9. nubery

This thread speaks truth. Keep it alive.
    • Up x 3
  10. Jogido

you fool! now they know how to use their MAX...ruuuuun!!
    • Up x 2
  11. Laraso

Those are hard numbers, but it doesn't accurately lead into how the weapons perform in the game. Considering that the Mercy is technically a hipfire weapon, it's very very accurate. It's not as accurate at long range compared to the LMG, but at mid range / short range it's simply more effective than an LMG.
    • Up x 3
  12. Cinnamon

It is simply false to say that dual Mercy has more capability for being accurate than LMG. It's more effective at shorter ranges because it is effectively like an inaccurate 850 rpm LMG that performs well in sustained fire attached to a highly survivable infantry. This is obvious. It has no superpower ability compared to an LMG, but LMG are mostly extremely good weapons. The special power is that the MAX can tank damage.
  13. Chipay

Nope, i only looked at the killfeed, saying that he only was killed by C4, grenades, an infantry gun and rocket launchers
  14. Laraso

Whatever. All I know is that when I was using them, the Mercies felt much easier to handle and aim than the LMG. I was staying on target far more often than I would if I was just using an LMG.

Then perhaps you should actually watch the video before you go talking about it like you've already watched it.
    • Up x 3
  15. Cinnamon

You are probably bad with LMG?
    • Up x 2
  16. Laraso

Or maybe Mercies are just better than an LMG? Do I have to be wrong to think the Mercy was far easier to shoot than an LMG?
    • Up x 3
  17. Cinnamon

They are fairly easy because they are spray and pray, do not bloom much or recoil. They are not more accurate.
    • Up x 2
  18. Doogle

Funny I don't feel the NC maxs were nerfed enough, feel free to nerf the Mercys along with them though if thats what I takes, fully certed my TR max with dual mercies, max k armour and extended mags, found it very lackluster compared to a shotgun/LMG heavy with conc nades.
    • Up x 2
  19. BH Brigade

lol I hope to god you're trolling
    • Up x 3
  20. Laraso

Oh really? Then, I'll trade you my scatmax for your Mercy MAX. Please, I'd much rather use the Mercy than the Scattercannon right now. Come on, you know you want to.
    • Up x 4