[Suggestion] A.S.P. Assault Rifle access for HA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Coliax, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Coliax

I really like how assault rifle work, but i dont like to play medic. Also if i compare the stats of nc's rifles they look like LMG with a smaller mag and a faster reload. Therefore i dont see why a HA with assault rifles would be op...

Your thoughts on that? Do you think that would be op? and when so, why?
  2. Sazukata

I don't think the do-it-all class needs the best primary. And regardless, LMGs being worse in exchange for mag size fits the class.

Now, I'm not one of the people who flips out about "blurring of the classes", but most of the weapons aren't really in a place to be shared recklessly.
  3. FateJH

I'm of the opinion we shouldn't have been sharing primaries in the first place.
    • Up x 4
  4. Scatterblak

This. ^^^^^
    • Up x 1
  5. TR5L4Y3R

...................... yea no ... ... engineers maybe but in no way HA´s
  6. Magma52

Heavies with ARs would be far too effective. It shouldn't happen IMO.
  7. Movoza

It has been said several times in this thread and I'll double down on it. Statistically the AR are stronher than any LMG. They have been gifted to the medic in years forgotton, because too few people played medic. The AR was made a stronger variant of LMG, but with smaller capacities. The stronger weapon has made the CM competitive and a good choice overall, eventually gaining larger numbers and achieving the goal.

Gifting a stronger weapon to the most used and arguably strongest class would be I'll adviced. If gifting this weapon at all, gift it to the LA/engi. And even then the engi isn't supposed to have this overtly attack role and many fear the LA would become too strong.
  8. DarkStarAnubis

Although I agree AR have -in general- a narrower CoF when hip firing and are more controllable at range (I personally love monsters like the Corvus and the Reaper DMR) there are scenarios in which LMGs are better and some CQC LMGs (MSR-W, Orion, Anchor, Maw) are really good.

Based on what you say "statistically AR are stronger"? I am genuinely interesting in understanding this.
  9. Movoza

I'll let yourself do the talking:
    "Although I agree AR have -in general- a narrower CoF when hip firing and are more controllable at range<...>"
    That makes them in general better. Sure there are scenarios that an LMG is better, but I and I think many with me don't want the scenarios the AR is better to fall in HA hands.

No one guy does it all for me.
    • Up x 1
  10. DarkStarAnubis

My question was about the statistical part of the statement that "AR are better than LMG".

Statistics are numbers, opinions are words.
  11. Zak Preston

No, heavy assaults are OP as hell already.