[Vehicle] A Price Was Paid for Sharing the News of Vanu

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MisterSlim, Oct 22, 2014.

1. MisterSlim

A $25 price to be exact. In my thread "My Car Now Belongs to the VS", which you can view here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/my-car-now-belongs-to-the-vs.204804/ you'll notice the headlights are tinted green. Now, I knew this was quite illegal, yet thought to myself "of all the laws for AL police to enforce, surely it won't be this one". Wrong. The headlight tint (although it looked really cool) must come off within 72 hours. I certainly am not complaining, I broke the law and got a minor citation, it just saddens me that I will lose a bit of my VS element whilst driving home from work.

Let us mourn together, VS.

On a different note, I would like to see some more vehicular variety in-game. Making the current vehicle classes more faction-specific would be ideal in my opinion. Anyone agree?

(Here's an image of the car prior to de-tinting if you're too lazy to click the link).
    [IMG]

*Note: I have discussed with the Sign Design guy, and he is making me a VS emblem stencil, along with a stencil that states "Technology Equals Might", which will be painted in purple on the hood and along the sides.
  2. Frostiken

Should've gone for this paint scheme instead.

[IMG]
  3. Degenatron

I gotta say, your car doesn't scream "May Vanu smile upon you." No, it really comes off more as "Riddle me this Batman!"

See, VS colors are Dark "Greyish" Purple and Teal, not Florescent Green and Grape. It's the difference between this:

[IMG]

And this:

[IMG]

I think that if Vanu was going to drive a car, it'd look like this:

[IMG]
  4. Tommyp2006

I think the legal issue was that you covered up too much of the light. I used to take apart headlights and paint them to color match all the time, usually just black, but sometimes people wanted them painted other colors. The best way to do this is to mask off the actual parts of the headlight that are responsible for light output, and paint the parts the bezel around it. There is a very easy way to get your headlights apart, and that is to put them in the oven at about *180 for around 10 minutes, then you take something wide and flat like a drywall putty scraper, and gently pry open the headlight. Paint the part you want, let it dry, then put the parts back in the oven for about the same amount of time to soften the glue back up again, and clamp the light together with something and let the glue set overnight. Turns out looking like this when you are done.

[IMG]

Building custom headlights used to be a small hobby of mine.
  5. MisterSlim

Both purple paint and teal paint were far more expensive, so I had to improvise a bit. But don't worry, the decals will help quite a bit. And I laughed at your use of "No! That is grape! It has to be grey-purple!" xD
  6. MisterSlim

Sounds like quite a bit of time and effort for an $800 car xD. I bought some stick-on tint from Ebay for roughly $7 and slapped it on there. Had I been going for a more professional look, I'd have taken you up on that advice (which is still going in the memory bank, thanks!) but since the car is..err..cheap, I didn't want to pour effort into such a minor detail.
  7. The Rogue Wolf

You only unlock that when you Auraxium roadkilling.
    • Up x 1