[Suggestion] A NS Burst Weapon Primary, the NS-94

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by z1967, Dec 12, 2014.

1. z1967

A favorite Russian firearm of mine has forever been the AN-94, which has a unique and very advanced mechanism that allows the first two shots of a burst to be extremely accurate, allowing for great armor penetration (yes I am aware that this only applies to the first two bullets, just let the nanites take care of the finny stuff). If feel a similar mechanic in PS2 as a NS carbine and AR would change up some playstyles and would work great for skilled gameplay.

The weapon fires the two bullets in a burst very quickly (the actual ROF of the AN-94 in burst mode is 1800 RPM, 937rpm is fast enough for PS2). The actual recoil occurs after the second shot, making the following burst less accurate. What this translates to is a versatile burst weapon that is limited only by the shooter, making it very powerful for 1337 players who get 90% headshots.

A good damage tier to place the weapon would be 143, not too powerful on headshots and not too weak for bodyshots. FSM would be ludicrously low as well, but recoil after the second shot would be appreciably high for a 143 tier weapon. I would say the weapon should reset its recoil in maybe, .5 seconds or so so that accuracy at range isn't too crazy. Ability to accurately land rounds should scale with range, so you could definitely fire faster within 10m than you could at 50m.

I understand that many people would love to have ES weapons for this, I feel that the effort in balancing 6 different weapons in ways that would still keep this unique mechanic but not be blatantly bad or OP would be very hard, not accounting for all the man hours to make 6 unique guns. It also fits in very nicely as an NS weapon, well suited as either a Carbine or an Assault Rifle.

So, a summary brief rundown of the weapon in case I didn't convey it well in text:
    -Its an AN-94 clone for PS2 sans a few things
    -143 damage
    -fires two rounds very quickly
    -refires as fast as you can click
    -very accurate until you start spam clicking, accuracy scales with range
    -NS, because it would be hard to balance as ES
    -Would buy in black variant SOE plz
    • Up x 3
  2. breeje

why would we want this peace of crap in the game
    you would be better of fighting with sticks and stones
    if SOE needs to clone real weapons there are better ones out there
  3. Doc Jim

Sounds a bit like the SABR of the TR medic...
    • Up x 7
  4. BobSanders123

Which ones? Because this would look nice with a commissar hat, and better than anything the TR currently have.if you are speaking statistically it has a higher fire rate, larger caliber, faster muzzle velocity, and more adaptability than any TR automatic weapon in the game right now.
    • Up x 1
  5. _itg

I like the idea overall, although I think balancing the existing burst weapons is a higher priority. Also, there needs to be a cap on the max fire rate, since you know some people would get good at clicking really fast (or using macros) in order to take advantage of its unfairly high theoretical DPS. It needs enough delay between bursts to average in the 600-700 RPM range, in keeping with other NS weapons.
    • Up x 2
  6. LightningPro

The AN-94 was in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. I never used the two burst mode which is similar to NC Desperado.
    But why not it could be a Gimmick for a NS weapon.
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

NC-9 A-Tross
  8. breeje

do you want it to look good with the commy and hat or do you want a accurate weapon
    we all know that automatic weapons from russia are reliable but not so accurate
  9. BobSanders123

Why can I never get the combo meal...
    • Up x 2
  10. Paragon Exile

I like it, but it steps on the toes of the TR too much.

It's too similar to the SABR, and its RoF would be another instance of the TR's supposed empire trait being outsourced to other factions. I'll have to disagree that it would be a "good" addition.
    • Up x 3
  11. TheBurningLegion

I don't want any more NS weapons. They (as well as the tears from some players) have ruined weapon balance and faction diversity.
    • Up x 4
  12. Littleman

Or the Gauss Rifle Burst which, much like the SABR-13, it's accuracy is held firm by God's own hand.

Problem is, this would only really work for the VS, since the TR have their burst variants, which fire THREE rounds and don't kick very hard as is, and the NC would have the better option in their burst variants.

Mostly, the OP's weapon would only fit as an LMG, which lack burst weaponry to begin with.
  13. eldarfalcongravtank

i for one would love to have an NS LMG with 167/143dmg model and belt-fed 200rounds magazine

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  14. T0x1s

This is too much like the TR SABR and TRs fire rate.
    We need a 167/600 NS weapon tho.
    • Up x 1
  15. uhlan

The only thing that bothers me about a weapon mechanic based on the RL Nikonov weapon mechanic is that it allows two-shots at once without the recoil bump of a second shot.

In a game like PS2 it's a bit of a "cheat" in my mind.
  16. miraculousmouse

Why? 167/600 should stay NC.
    • Up x 1
  17. T0x1s

I knew than answer would come. So if thats correctly why do NC have 143/845? A gun that outclasses TR 125/909.

If the 167 damage 600 RPM limit should stay NC then 143 damage 750/800 RPM should stay TR.
    • Up x 9
  18. task_master

I would rather just give everyone either gcb or t5b. Sol burst is just so bad. Maybe improve on the recoil so bads can use them too.

So NC gets to keep both 167/600 and 200/500, but TR only gets 125/~900 and VS just gets nothing? Good try m9
    • Up x 6
  19. Runegrace

I like how this is exactly the opposite of current burst weapon balancing, where the burst variants actually have HIGHER first-shot recoil multipliers, plus every 3rd shot is a "first-shot" due to burst. I feel like this is why the burst weapons aren't very good, would like to see them re-tuned so that every burst weapon is a bit closer to the AN-94 recoil style.
    • Up x 5
  20. p10k56

We need NS 200dmg LMG.