A Month of Planetside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FlameGankin, Mar 31, 2013.

1. FlameGankin

I like to think this isn't the case. People generally enjoy novelty but prefer their comfort zone. If your referencing the crop of gamers coming from COD then the complexity can scare them off, but being able to teach new players how to play can go a long way to keeping them around. Its the issue that DOTA-clones have usually. They require a lot of individual learning and one may not be as complex as another (LoL vs DOTA2 but discussing those games is a thread for another forum entirely).
  2. FlameGankin

Sigh no eta according to Smed as of April 5th, hope they don't just shrug it off
    source: https://twitter.com/j_smedley
    (i dont know how to link specific tweets for i am not a smart man)
  3. MadKat

Nope, not my toon :3 Madkat, TRx/VSxMadkat are my toons. :)
  4. Untouchable

Posting just to also give my props to OP for actually trying out PS1. Even though you sadly won't get to enjoy anything close to what PS1 offered in it's heyday it's still cool that you're going through it to experience all of the different mechanics the game offered. Perhaps after your month you can offer up what your final opinions are on a comparison between the two games. It'd be interesting to read from someone who played PS2 first (and actually gave PS1 a fair shot).

You hit the nail on the head. Despite the admittedly weaker shooting and flight mechanics in PS1, to me it is still the vastly superior Planetside game.
    • Up x 1
  5. DoctorWhose

Attention guys: Tomorrow, 12th of April, 8 PM EST: Anyone who is still subbed to PS1 is invited to join a little scrim organized by me and TheLegendaryNarwhal, meeting is at the Extinction Warpgate on Amerish.
  6. FlameGankin

Sweet :D, everyone get their toons ready!
  7. MadKat

Neato! :D
  8. Loclear

Sounds like it'll be a grand old time. I'll be there!
  9. FlameGankin

Excelent, cya there!
    You to MadKat
  10. DoctorWhose

A little last minute Reminder: In three hours, 8 PM EST, anyone who is still subbed to PS1 is invited to join a little scrim on Amerish. Meeting is at the Extinction Warpgate.
  11. DoctorWhose

Attention guys: After the last PS1 meetup was a little bit too small for our tastes we will do another one tomorrow, Saturday the 20th of April 2013 at 03:00 PM EST. Just show up and see where the fight is.
  12. DoctorWhose

13. FlameGankin

Might not be able to make it gotta help the family out :(. Oh well ill see if i can sneak a little in :p