A Month of Planetside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FlameGankin, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Eyeklops

I would gladly pay for a proper PS1 sequel thank you. That's what PS2 should be. Also, I DID pay for PS2.
    • Up x 1
  2. BeachHead2

Let me get this straight... you PAID for a FREE game....

I'm LOLing.
  3. Eyeklops

Somebody has to or the "free" game would cease to exist.
    • Up x 1
  4. BeachHead2

correct.

But you still paid for a free game. QED
  5. BeachHead2

I still think it's amazing what can be achieved for free... well done SOE.
  6. Eyeklops

No, I paid for services, perks, and virtual items in a free-2-enter game world. There is a difference.
    • Up x 1
  7. BeachHead2

...but it's free. Nobody forced you to pay. You paid voluntarily. If you don't like it, you are free to leave.
  8. Eyeklops

Very true. But in the same regard I am also free to post my opinion of what I don't like about the game on these forums in hopes that they will change it to better suit my liking.

TBH, a post that points out what players don't like about a game is more useful in creating a better game than a post telling people "don't like it, leave."
    • Up x 1
  9. BeachHead2

...of course you are. It's a community. But, at the end of the day, it's FREE.

I, for one, am amazed at the detail, complexity and depth of gameplay provided for FREE.

No doubt I will eventually tire of it... I always do in the end... but in the meantime, I will continue to enjoy my FREE gameplay...

Hats off to SOE.
  10. Eyeklops

Well I'm glad you're enjoying the game for free. Hopefully the money spent by myself, and lots of other players, on services and in game items goes toward developing a deeper, more rich game you won't "tire of" so quickly. You should be thanking us too.

I also see you got so excited about this "free" thing you created a new topic on it, sounds like a great place to put that conversation.
    • Up x 2
  11. BeachHead2

I do.

Thank you.

...but I'm still amazed at the level of qq given the free nature of the game.
  12. Eyeklops

To the OP. HippoDT is a nuub, just knife him next time.

I am thinking about cancelling my PS2 sub in favor of picking up a PS1 sub. At my BR I really don't care about rapid cert gain and never see queues. The only thing I would miss going F2P would be my pile of explosives. Don't really see a need for a PS2 sub anymore.

I have an NC and a VS, but given the population situation of PS1 I would rather shoot at you than be beside you.
  13. BeachHead2

...that, of course, is where the model falls over...

"I paid, therefore I should get what I want" AKA invulnerability, imemediate win, death to all enemies within a 5 mile radius without even hitting a key.

.... it's not going to happen.

It's a great free game. If you feel you need to pay for win, that's fine, but it will also spell the end of the free to play genre.
  14. BeachHead2

...and you;ll have nothing to shoot at... your choice.
  15. don

dont let him kill this thread... wheres the ignore button? -> click on his picture, ignore, reload, thread saved...
    • Up x 3
  16. Eyeklops

Just so I respond to this right:
    and you say:
    Isn't that what usually happens when a player gets knifed? The player model falls down.

I would love if the F2P model died, so far the quality sucks. I used to argue PS2 wasn't pay to win, but these days I am not so sure.
  17. Killamona

thanks, really enjoyed this thread till he churped in trolling, and now its saved again :)
    • Up x 1
  18. MadKat

You are a true hero! : )
    As for subbing for a month of PS1 I've run into some issues with Visa Verified, won't show up when I want to complete the purchase.
    Anyone know if Wal-Mart or Target carry PS1 time cards? If I gotta drive an hour into the city for Gamestop then so be it! Hahah.
  19. DoctorWhose

You all missed an awesome battle for Solsar today, about 10 people online in PS1.
  20. DoctorWhose

Idk about that but I find Paypal to be the easiest way..