a look at the new lynx and the new TR HC1 Cougar

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by ghost001985, Apr 3, 2014.

1. ghost001985

the new lynx, 909 rpm, 125 damage at 10m to 100 damage at 50m.

the new TR HC1 Cougar 632 rpm, 167 damage at 10m to 112 damage at 65m. 30 mag, and 180 extra. and the recoil is up and to the left.

the TR HC1 Cougar in vr training room.

if you like these videos, like, follow, and so on.
  2. R4GING

that Cougar... nerfed or not I will probably get it once its released.
  3. Pikachu

A weapon for Cougarbrit. :D
    • Up x 4
  4. Amundsenkalmah

This is a question i wanted to post in a thread but since you created this and there will be a lot of TR around here...
    TR demanded a 896 RPM carbine right?
    Now after some time devs are implementing the 910 RPM carbine for TR.
    And then VS and NC are getting 0.75x ADS speed multiplier.
    Was this a fair trade? Was it worth?

In my opinion, no....
    But well
    • Up x 2
  5. Stargazer86

Oh come on. The 167 carbine gets the advanced laser sight instead of the advanced foreward grip? Boooo. And why only 30 rounds?
    • Up x 6
  6. Amundsenkalmah

Wait is that a 167 damage carbine with SP ammo and ADV laser?
    • Up x 6
  7. Maljas23

Guys, it says placeholder right in the name. Wait for the full patch to be on the test server before freaking out.
    • Up x 2
  8. ghost001985

ive personally already auraxium the lynx, so i didnt, and still dont care. that they have upped it.
  9. JP_Russell

The Cougar doesn't really seem to be what TR players were probably looking for in a 167 damage carbine. The high damage dropoff, slower fire rate, and smaller magazine means it's actually significantly worse than most of their other carbines beyond a relatively close mid range distance that those carbines weren't really performing poorly at in the first place, which is kind of awkward.

I guess the main attraction is that it's the first TR carbine with a smaller magazine in exchange for a faster than average reload speed, while giving up just a little bit of damage per magazine and DPS in CQC. But it does seem to be just that, a mainly CQC weapon like most of their other carbines.
    • Up x 3
  10. ghost001985

with my recent usage light assault, i dont really engage enemies past 35m.i dont mind this gun with the way it is. besides a 3x scope.
  11. AxisO7

I was personally hoping we'd get only 30 rounds, as I thought it would save us from having bad recoil or terrible rof. Obviously they couldn't give us a 167 damage, decent rof gun with good recoil and 40 bullets in the mag, otherwise it'd be a straight upgrade from the likes of the Mercenary and Pulsar C.

Unfortunately they decided to give us 30 rounds, bad recoil and bad damage drop-off. :(
    • Up x 4
  12. ghost001985

we werent going to get the amc now with 167! that would be OP! ! ! ! for decent players the recoil is manageable. and for those its not, they will just have to learn!

and as Maljas23 said this is the test sever! they have about a week to change things befor it goes live!
  13. Paperlamp

Looks like they basically took a 167 tier weapon and adjusted to be as much like our existing carbines as possible defeating the goddamn purpose. Apparently they so desperately need TR-ize our guns that we'll never get a single decent mid-range weapon.

/sigh

And no 2x sight.

What the hell is going on in their minds? This is extremely disappointing. I may end up giving up on the game at this point, I really want a real mid-range gun for TR like the Mercenary, and I hate the T5 AMC so don't even start with that.
    • Up x 3
  14. hawken is better

I actually like the fact that the Cougar gets an advanced laser and SPA instead of the usual long-range attachments. I'm gonna be doing work with this thing once it's released.

Oh yeah, the new Lynx is actually a good weapon, which is a pretty big surprise.
    • Up x 2
  15. KnightCole

Whats so different, even when making new guns SoE is incapable of making a new model for it...seriously. They should stop recycling models....do they not have a design team?
  16. Mongychops

Because it's a CQC carbine, having the advanced laser sight, SPA, low TTK, and dropping 3 damage tiers with distance is the giveaway. The T5-AMC is supposed to be the TR medium range carbine.

The stated aim of the new weapons is to fill niches which are missing for factions. Yes, the magazine size is lower than most TR carbines, but it will make up for that with other stats. A lot of TR players have complained that; their CQC carbines sacrifice reload speed for magazine size, both CQC carbines have horrible horizontal recoil because they have 0.75x ADS, and they have complained they don't get a single carbine that is not 143 damage. This new weapon addresses all three of those complaints about lack of variety (also, the damage / magazine for 40x143 is less than 15% higher than 30x167, don't worry about it).

This gun has the second highest rate of fire for a 167 damage weapon (Cyclone SMG is 652) across all factions. We'll have to see its full stats to judge it, and of course it may change before release, but the TTK at short range looks like it is going to be nearly as good as the new Lynx. Wait and see.
  17. WyrdHarper

The Cougar has the exact same attachments as the Lynx, which seems really weird for the role it's supposed to fit. 167 damage is great and all, but it's still overlapping a similar role to the existing carbines with that attachment set.
    • Up x 1
  18. ghost001985

the amc is the mid-range gun for TR, ive said this befor, and this is all ill say about the amc, it was the my fastest auraxium medal ive gotten in the game, ust fyi about 20 days, even faster then the Marauder-H! and personally if you handle the amc at mid-range, delete your TR guy and nc or vs, or as you said just give up on the game, delete it, and go play wow!

i dont know why i have to keep saying this!

THIS IS THE TEST SERVER! they have about a week to change things befor it goes live!

for all you know, they could have made it nerfed out of the box just to buff it later on.

so stop B****ING about how it currently is, whens its not even out yet!!!!
    • Up x 1
  19. AxisO7

That's a bloody good way of putting it.
    • Up x 1
  20. NoctD

The Cougar is a weapon I'm most definitely not interested in - handles like junk, and all the wrong attachments. T5 AMC 4eva!

I'm just happy they didn't destroy my beloved Lynx, it seems to have found itself a new identity but its a gun I'll keep on using.