A little confused about directives...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dualice, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Dualice

I was on a PS2 break for a number of months this year, so missed the update notes and general hype around the directives. I've had a look through the archived stuff but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Basically, I think I'm working my way through the SMG directive. I main TR now and have aurax'ed everything except the MKV Suppressed. To my understanding, once I do this I will have unlocked the Shuriken... is this correct? I read on the Wiki that it's the reward from the "blanket" SMG directive, so it doesn't matter what class I use to get the kills (for the record it's mostly infiltrator).

I also read the directive points are account-wide, and retro-active. I aurax'ed both empire-specific SMGs on my Vanu account before the directives system was implemented... so shouldn't that mean I have sufficient points for the corresponding reward SMGs (Shuriken and Skorpios) already? Or does it not work like that, and I have to aurax four SMGs on each character for the directive weapon to be unlocked?
  2. Tommyp2006

Directive unlocks are character specific, only the points are account wide, which are basically just a number to show off. Yes, once you aurax all the SMGs for TR you'll unlock the shuriken. Be aware on class specific directive, if you finish the goal for that level, unless it is a ribbon or weapon medal, you will not build progress toward the next level until you complete that current level. For example, say you have the "SMG kills" on infiltrator done, you will not build progress on "SMG kills" for the next directive level until you finish your current directive level.
  3. breeje

you need to auraxium 4 smg's for the shuriken with the class you prefer
    the shuriken will unlock for all the classes
    if you look at the directives and click the auraxium medal you will see whats needed for the free gun
  4. Dualice

Thanks fellas, clears things up a fair bit. I'm still a little unclear on this bit...

... but I'll have a pick through the directive screen tomorrow, will probably make more sense then.
  5. Tommyp2006

I think I can explain it with a screenshot
    [IMG]
    See how I have gold medals on both the MCG and AV grenades? Those are regular weapon medals, and are 2 of the 4 directive objectives that I'll need to complete the gold level of the HA directive. Since they have regular weapon medals associated with them, the game tracks my kills with them outside of the directive system, so I will not have to go back and earn extra kills with those weapons, my progress will be automatically applied. I also have kills done, so that means I have to compete 1 of the 3 remaining objectives to complete that tier of the directive. However, since I have already competed the KILLS objective for the directive, it will not count up towards my progress for the auraxium level of the directive, until I finish the gold level. So, any kills that I make while stuck on the gold level of this directive, will not count towards the kills objective for the next higher directive level.

Hope that clears it up a bit. If not, you'll see as you work on completing directives, and keep track of your progress yourself.
    • Up x 2
  6. Dualice

It does, thanks :)