A last letter to Cobalt's TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MaDiv, Feb 27, 2017.

1. MaDiv

I wish they never closed the russian servers.
    I'm saddened to bid the TR on Cobalt goodbye. Most platoons and squads are now run by the great 3EPG zergs and that's anything but good for someone who cannot speak Russian at all.
    The language barriers are nonexistant for the zerglings, but for someone who's actually interested in organized fights it's a death sentence.

It was an honor to be a part of the GETF, one of the formerly biggest German outfits on Cobalt, but now it's time to move to a faction which is capable of playing the game.

I know you russians surely never wanted to be forced to play on the EU servers, but currently it's unbearable for the native population.

May Vanu's wisdom enlighten DBG.
  2. DIGGSAN0

If you are interested in a german VS outfit with Adult content and which is also very Tactical....i suggest you 5UK4 (Formation Wuschige Eule)

I would be looking forward for a meetup ;)
  3. Lord_Avatar

"Adult Content"... :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  4. Towie

Sad to say - I know where the OP is coming from, I desperately continue the search for a TTRO outfit but it's a struggle and the only remaining Bear / Rus / 3EPG only ever communicate in Russian. I don't blame them - but it does restrict who else can join in.

What is mystifying is why this is solely a TR issue. In fact I don't think i've ever seen a Russian NC or VS squad - no wonder their server had to close down, no fun if only one faction gets played.

But anyway - NC and VS have lots of good / organised outfits, various languages but English is most common - so have fun...
  5. DIGGSAN0

Well the younger ages are out of the Outfit... So yeah "Adult Content" fits it
  6. BrbImAFK

I wish the russians still had their own servers too.... let 'em keep their hacks and lag and warping and hit-reg issues to themselves! :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  7. Diilicious

i absolutely love killing these people, let them stay
  8. Lord_Avatar

Aww... You had me fooled there for a second.
  9. Pikachu

Russia had their own server? Secret China server, secret Korea server, secret Russia server. What's next, a secret sever in Brazil and Qatar?
  10. PreZiDenT

If 3EPG is an indication of the russian military in real life, the world has nothing to fear.
    • Up x 3
  11. FateJH

I mean, they weren't really secrets ...
  12. Pikachu

No mentioning of their existence by the devs to anyone not using them. o_O Not showing them here on the forums among the rest.
  13. FateJH

From what I remember, that's because they weren't actually managed by SOE. They were more like a franchise.
  14. ridicOne

Yes, it's kinda like how some Korean MMO's are handled by American publishers. ArcheAge for one example. Trion Worlds got lambasted for the English release. Connery got some late late night action when China went down.

http://massivelyop.com/2016/03/16/planetside-2-is-shutting-down-in-china/
    http://massivelyop.com/2017/01/20/massively-op-interview-standing-stone-on-lotro-ddo-and-daybreak/
  15. TheSunlikeOne

Russian server runned by money greedy corporation called "Innova". They had their own version of the game.
    • Up x 1
  16. Eternaloptimist

Maybe players from a strong militaristic tradition who have all done their stag as conscript soldiers and are from a society that disapproves strongly of what it regards as rebel scum or fancy-dress, quasi religious wierdos? :)

Or maybe it's just that TR "look the part"? I play all factions for a number of reasons but TR is my favourite look (that, and the Drill Sergeant voicepack).

You mean, like, fast, aggresive, careless of casualties and well drilled but tactically rigid? (that's what we were tught anway)
  17. PreZiDenT

If you by "fast, aggresive, careless of casualties and well drilled but tactically rigid?" mean slow, narrowminded, careless of casualties (especially aganst fellow TRs), tactically incompetent and who are in the possesion of the most inept leaders who should have uninstalled the game for the greater good, then yes, you are spot on.

This is me being nice to them if there was any doubt.

There's a reason why 3EPG is prime joke of Cobalt, a position BKNE used to have.
    • Up x 3
  18. Lord_Avatar

Damn! It's nice someone still remembers. :D
    • Up x 1
  19. DeadlyOmen

International gaming is a good thing.

Roblox may be a suitable alternative.
  20. TheSunlikeOne

3EPG ? Well drilled? Seriously?
    • Up x 1