[Suggestion] A HA players perspective on why HA is broken

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by SW0V, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Ryo313

imo its not the HA thats broken its the player. sure you can go all out HA but that won't take you everywhere.
    if i see tons of Ally HAs running arround i switch to Engi and you know why? HAs need ammo and i get tons of points out of it.
    sure i could go HA and fight alongside with them but who is giving you ammo? or who is reviving you if the next aviable spawn point is too far or not aviable in a large building/base?

ppl keep forgetting that Engi or Medic brings you the most cert points.
    as HA you can only do so much without other classes nearby to support you.
  2. jmdafk

Im on TR and no way can our HA be invincible 1v1. I pull medic every time if im forced into a 1v1 situation. A TR AR will destroy a Carv weilding heavy.

And HA's also get a pretty thankless job in taking out air and armour. We die a lot doing this, often have no support or appreciation so for all factions those who play heavy for its role deserve some advantages!
  3. Khallixtus

What I find OP about HA is the fact that they can lone wolf so effectively. I like their strategic use as beefy dudes on the frontlines taking hits that would drop any other class, but they don't have any weakness that no other class doesn't have. I want to remove Medical kits or lower their maximum capacity to 2 instead of 4. This means that they cant endlessly Run around solo - Kill 2 people - Chug med kit - Repeat. They retain their strategic power when in organised groups with medics that can keep them topped up, but cant do it themselves. Possibly lower the amount of ammo they can carry, as this makes them more reliant on engineers. If the HA is more reliant on others, then more of the other classes will be played, and the HA will be weakened by their inability to be properly self-sufficient.
  4. Shocky

really cause i thought they were just the front line guys and maxes where to be the bullet sponge, yeah a max can clear a room that's just cause people freak out when they see one and the max has a lot more HP. the way i see heavy's are if I'm about to die press "F" and spam med kits while hopping to my nearest place of cover, that and i main infl and Light so i try to kill things by getting as close as possible or some where with good positioning to kill my target but when i fight heavy's as an inf most of the time i after the 1st shot lands up go's the shield and around the spin to kill me instantly cause you know i worked so hard to get my self behind him that my only pay of is another death yeah that seams fair. if you're asking why I'm not getting him with the head shots cause I'm crouched and cant see their head. if the shield slowed there turn speed or only worked on the front of there body then yeah totally fair.
    • Up x 1
  5. SW0V

Exactly. This is exactly why I want to give them a weakness. The weakness of having slow and cumbersome LMGs that perform best at medium ranges instead of AR style weapons.
  6. Plastikfrosch

as mentioned in other threads in this forum:
    0,65-0,75ads for ALL carbines (except the long range hard hiting ones perhaps) --> it is a light weight weapon class and if shotguns (even the big fat jackhammer) can have 0,75ads overall why not the carbines??
    --> kill enough HAs head on with one of the 0,75ads carbines or the NS smgs
    0,6-0,65 for ALL ARs
    --> same as for the carbines, and the ARs are even stronger than the carbine counterparts

not too mouch, he is lovable like he is now BUT they really need to normalize the explosion radius of the stickys its still 2x as big as the radius of the normal nades.
  7. Plastikfrosch

thats why they should really get the delay for the shields into the game (it was planned but canned --> funny how HA nerfs dont happen in this game as if the devs would play 24/7 HA themselfes), or the resistshield should be the only option for HA (perhaps different versions which will last longer but therfore prevent less damage or last less but prevent more damage) because its the only shield that forces you to keep an eye on your surroundings and the moment you are too lazy you will get punished.
  8. Raysen

I believe the main problem is because their primary weapons don't reflect their role, so they can easily play in situations where they shouldn't fit.

They are HEAVY Assault, which I means they should primarly support the battle with bullet spam and heavy damage. But I sincerely can't see them running and jumping in advance, instant-killing with high RoF weapons.
    That technically should be the role of LAs, as weaker faster assaults.

Simply changing some of the weapons of their class would easily limit them to avoid going solo-adventure and ****** infantry/vehicles like nothing.

PS: I would love to understand how is it that you can mount Suppressors on an LMG. How in hell is that even acceptable? -.-
  9. Khallixtus

I have played some SMG Infil myself. If you cant kill a HA by coming up behind him and getting the headstart, you need to work on it it a bit. Make sure you aren't standing still when he turns so he can't just kill you, and don't scope. Your hipfire is insanely accurate, just stand 5-7m away and ADAD. Easy.

LMGs do have a lot of firepower, but they (most anyway) are poor in the close quarters. However, this means that the Orion/MSW-R/Anchor are really strong. So are other LMGs, but I don't think it's insane. However, a minor accuracy decrease would probably be a good idea. Possibly when shields are turned on CoF increases slightly. I still think the way to fix HA is to remove self-healing and lower maximum ammo carrying. Make them self-insufficient past shooting 2-3 people.
  10. TRNCVS

The damage cof etc of the weapon is not the issue. It is more likely the shield. However I think having a class that can take hits gives players the courage to run in and initiate fights (another example are multi level bases with LA, this gives them an advantage and gives LA the courage to rush in and attack). Although it could be argued that maxes accomplish the same thing.

The huge issue is that none of the other class abilities can give a player that extra second of survivability to compensate for lag. In my experience, every class can kill a HA in the right situations, but the ability the HA has gives you that extra second needed to react to almost instantaneous death in highly populated areas. This is why I believe the HA class is favored, not because they can "kill better."
  11. Chazt

I honestly don't think there is a problem with the heavy assault (sure its all I play but I like the role).

The heavy assault only has one job, and that is to kill things. It can't support the team in any other way. They are the go to unit as shock troops and are the only people who can reliably deal with vehicle threats. If your goal is to kill people then you should go with the class built around that and understand that by not picking them you put yourself at a disadvantage against them. Every class has its perks and downsides.

Every class can kill reliably but not every class can support the team with emplacements repairs and healing. Because of this the heavy assault gets an advantage in that category with the use of the shield, but even then please keep in mind the shield isn'y ALWAYS up, it loses energy as they take damage and over time.
  12. nehylen

The shield is not the issue. The LA also has one job. The infiltrator is very close to being a solely killing class too.

The class system is basically an implementation of RPG mechanics. In RPGs you have a triangle mechanic of sorts: damage, resistance and utility.
    If you get high damage and resistance, you get low utility, resistance and high utility implies low damage. Average on 2 sides implies average on the third, etc...

There is no problem with having a resistant unit of sorts in that logic. It just has to pay for it somewhere. Here in the HA you get:

- high damage : LMGs barely lose to ARs/carbines in raw efficiency and large mag synergizes well with overshield
    - high resistance: overshield obviously
    - medium~high utility : only regular infantry class with default AV potential, conc nades, medkits/C4/restokits.

The only penalty is togglable since it's overshield bound (mobility).

Since HA designed for high resistance and the utility is also in large part class-defining (AV and conc), the damage should be the variable to alleviate.
  13. jmdafk

I just think some of the lmg's need a bit of a nerf as they are as effective or better than AR's.
    Even the carv, which is a rubbish lmg in overal use can be lethal with 750rpm at <8m.
    Im no expert but id say guns like the tmg50 and rhino should be the typical/best type of gun a heavy gets. This way its not auto win, you get lmg attributes but below average ttk and accuracy.
  14. KnightCole

Well, whatever people think the issue is, I sure as hell hope LMGs dont become like BF3 LMGs. I got my M60 in that game and Oh my ***** GOD was that a painful trip. Those LMGs in THAT game, even Crouched, ADS, SINGLE SHOTTING the ***** things, they cannoy be bothered to hit something that is like 2 feet from you with a better hit chance then about 1 in 30 rounds.

That game is a prime example of how NOT TO make LMGs. Then to boot LMGs have high recoil, high bloom......thye suck.

Planetside 2LMGs are fine. Basically high mag cap Assault Rifles.
  15. xMaxdamage

this thread is full of nice infos! I like the OP idea and it's an approach few people considered imho. but basically do what you want with those filthy LMGs as long as I still can spam my chaingun like no tuesdays

a delay would make resist shield the only viable alternative, since it would make the overshield something you have to use before entering into action, and nothing beats the resist shield in that setting.
  16. SW0V

Exactly, I think the MCG and Lasher are the only two HA weapons that actually fit the role of the class well. They're both low accuracy but high capacity damage hoses that require you to hold down the trigger to be effective.
    • Up x 1
  17. Metallic123

I think a big problem with HA is it just disrupts the flow of combat. Having an instant 450+ hp on a single button push is pretty clutch and simply leads to frustration to those on the receiving end.

What I would do to overhaul the class is remove the activated shields completely and revamp the class. Give them a higher shield value +300 (3 extra rounds from a 143 or 2 from 167). The only issue I would see is with bolt actions but that can be fixed with modifying head shot multiplier.

Resist shield (45% reduced damage) against a 143 dmg tier weapon would cause 7 (rounded up from 6.9) bullets to kill (non resist) up to 16 (resist, rounded up from 15.5). My proposal would be make the HA only capable of receiving 10 (rounded up from 9.09) bullets for the kill.

Replace their shield slot with the choice of nanoweave, flak armor or ASC. The other slots are good with the choices of more rockets, magazines or grenades.

I spam HA, its my class that I've played since release. It has a good role but its in an overwhelming spot. Heavies would still have the advantage with a larger shield pool but overall be easier to kill. It would be a buff-nerf, no more glowing shield which slows you at the cost of tankiness.
  18. JojoTheSlayer

The game is NOT balanced towards a 1v1 setting, nor are the classes supposed to be equal on a 1v1 footing!
    Secondly, this is a Client Side MMOFPS... Some of the classes are made in way to OFFSET some of the rather unfair some clients can be. Yes, that means that even some HA vs HA isnt "just about skill", while skill has a huge part in overall macro outcome.

If you think a corner meet between a equally skilled Medic and HA is "supposed" to mean they both should have equal chance to win (client side set aside). You are down right wrong. The HA should win in that case. That is unless a tank shows up and blows them both away... /sarcasm

I see the person above is complaining about "medic kit" spam...
    Nah, you didnt kill him on the contact before he, within hes client side room of movement, was able to retreat.
    At that point the combat is negated and the infantry soldier has the option to reset some of the damage by using a med kit.
    It dosent increase the original TTK or anything like that and unlike most games. You dont have a zillion others shooting at you as well. The "playing fps games for 20 years" just becomes a moot point because this is NOTHING like those other games, unless you also include PS1. Which in this regards from your point of view would be "worse".

Bottom line is, no, you do not know what you are talking about.
  19. TheKhopesh

I personally feel that HA's should be less of an anti everything, and more of an anti-Max and light armor class (which fits with the massive mag sizes, rocket launchers, and overshield to allow them to survive said things longer than other classes in a direct conflict).

Having them as all the above, AND anti-infantry is just silly.
    At that point, give all medics an insta-medkit ability that recharges, all LA's 3x as much capacity in the utility slot (so either 6 c-4 or 12 medkits), all infils both a sniper rifle as well as an SMG, and all engies AR's.
    (Pretty silly, isn't it?)

Where as, with HA's being ranged AV (or closer quarters anti-max) units with big mags but poor accuracy (think carbine hipfire accuracy for LMG ADS and hipfire accuracy stats), now you've got a class that's not just simply the best class hands down.
    NOW it's balanced, because it doesn't have the ability to do everything in every offensive role throughout a +90% offense-focused game.
    • Up x 1