[Suggestion] A grand idea for a new NS BASR

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by K2k4, Feb 19, 2014.

1. K2k4

Okay.. so we got the secondary weapon crossbow now, yay!

But what if.. This game got... EVEN MORE CROSSBOWS!
    I'm talking about a NS primary weapon heavier crossbow that has
    • More velocity than the secondary weapon variant
    • More damage than the secondary weapon variant
    • OHK on headshots - x2 multiplier on headshots
    • 6 round magazine
    • Silenced like the secondary weapon variant
    • 2-6x scope variants available just like the secondary weapon
    • Explosive ammunition and possibly sensor dart ammunition available
    • slightly slower reload speeds than the secondary weapon
    • slightly slower re-chamber time
    There's a lot of things I liked about the crossbow, its silence, it's neat ammunition variety, lower range scopes w/ no sway, hipfire capability. I'd instantly buy another one if they released something like this.
  2. Jawarisin

3. cruczi

Please refrain from posting uninformative, useless crap

@ OP

I dunno, I suppose a Heavy Crossbow could work if properly balanced. The Hunter CQX is already pretty powerful though, and I don't like the idea of a secondary and primary weapon having similar roles. In order for adding a Heavy Crossbow to make sense, it should have a different role than any BASR and also a different role than the weaker Hunter CQX.
  4. necrolamington

I would prefer it if we never got another NS weapon ever again. They are lazy and go against one of the central themes of the game; faction diversity.
    • Up x 4
  5. Inf1nite

This sounds really OP even if it does have a longer chamber time etc. but if it's a sniper rifle then why the hell would it be a crossbow? We already have one, and you can see how well that works at sniping... We don't need any more crossbows, one is enough.
  6. Hoki

yes but they also give us Infs our most versatile weapons to date

poor man's carbine and a pocket battle rifle
  7. Santondouah

Twitt from TRay, 17/02:
    [IMG]
  8. Tenebrae Aeterna

No.

It wouldn't be class exclusive, just like the current crossbow.
  9. K2k4

Whoa I didn't see that tweet. Maybe I'm right then!

I was thinking the 'new' NS crossbow would be infil only specifically because that's been one of the 'complaints' from dedicated infiltrators since the sidearm crossbow is available to all classes.

I really just made the post because I was thinking about how quickly I shelled out $7.00 worth of SC the moment I saw the sidearm crossbow was out. If they do another one, I will certainly buy it.
  10. Stromberg

so you basically want the ghost/sas-r/tsar-42 but with better hipfire and laser pointer? there's a reason why those BASRs have terrible hipfire and also why the quickscope ability was removed.
  11. K2k4

Eh? I love the tsar 42 and it will still fill a niche. I was suggesting higher velocity because it makes more sense on a heavier crossbow. Of course the tsar still has higher damage and fires bullets which will be faster than the bolts which leaves it better for mid range sniping and moving targets. Plus it is a gun and not a crossbow, which satisfies a certain crowd. I would gladly buy a reskinned tsar 42 but the ohk capability itself isn't what I like about this idea in a crossbow.