A gold medal after, one question remain about this knife.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rhello, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Rhello

What is the point of having the Amateratsu in the game to begin with ? Has a massive risk involved in it in melee (3 hits kill) AND in ranged mode, where the damage starts at 200, and immediately start dropping down to 143 at 50 meters. If you're terrible at maths, it means it is a 5 shots kill at point blank range, and a 7 shots kill at 50 meters. And the drop must be massive, because I couldn't 3 headshot kill a guy standing at 20 meters. To make things even worse than they are, the RPM is 100. And the cherry on the top is the sway, even thought the weapon is already terrible without.

I see you coming "Oh but it has infinite ammo, L2P you scrub". If it had an overheat mechanic, slower swing rate and MUCH more damage (500 for melee, something like a 4hit kill in ranged mode), perhaps it could have some use. On one side, we have a knife able to one hit kill, which makes a ton of noise and swings slightly slower, and doesn't connect immediately when non wielded, yet the Amateratsu has to hit the guy seven times with the crescent waves, and three times in melee, has a sway mechanic, some huge damage drop, and a terrible velocity. Where is the balance ? There's no way I'm getting an auraxium medal on this disgrace. I'm interested to know who's had this idea to give it such terrible stats, and I'm even more interested to know who's using it and getting something above a 2.5 KDR and a SPM above 200, because I can't. NSX weapons are meant to excel at a situation, and to reward good players, not to be garbage all around and to cause us to die because we couldn't find a target who's blind and deaf.

TLDR : the buff to the melee damage is kind of a joke : even if the buff made the weeb knife usable, it still needs 7 shots to kill at range, and 3 in melee, with 100 swings a minute. DBG pls, have you even tried your knife before implementing it ?
  2. Liewec123

did you try it before buying it?
    i tried it and like you i found it pretty weak so i didnt buy it, simply!
    if you're purely after the throwing knife (which from what i hear is pretty bad)
    then just wait for one of the other NSX weapons and get the gold on that easily without the stress of using a weapon you hate.
    they're making everything from a bolt action sniper to an SMG.
  3. Ziggurat8

I really want the nickname "No certs for you" to catch on. That is what everyone should refer to it as.

Oh man you're using the NoCertsForYou knife? You must be a masochist.

On a side note it has to suck. If it was a 2HK melee; the same as every other knife it would be the only knife to ever use.

It should have ammo and a reload or a heat mechanic and a cool down though. Then you could buff it's ranged damage a bit to make it better without making it too good. If it did pistol damage with no ammo or reload it would be way too good and you wouldn't need a side arm.
  4. LaughingDead

The only thing I've found useful for this knife is that you can go into bases and kill all the modules if no one ever comes back.

The knife is good at nothing, but ironically I have it on all my classes because that's the only way I'm going to aurax it, by quick melee.
  5. Rhello

After 160 kills with the NoCertsForYou, I think a 2HK on melee wouldn't break balance, if it had the same restrictions as the activable knives when non wielded (got to wait for the blade to hit, should be slower aswell); and those knives are 1HK, which is actually pretty unbalanced when you start looking deeper. I still wonder if the devs actually tried the weapon in real play though, it's triggering me to see unbalanced stuff like that, even if there's less of it for some time now.

And yes, I'm a masochist, I'm actually using on a regular basis the auraxium SMG and pistol. Still this knife is something, it's only beaten by the NS deepfreeze and candycanon when it comes to being useless.

As an infiltrator nerd, throwing knives into people running away is like a wet dream, and it's not that bad, considering it's a 1 headshot kill up to nearly 30 meters (does 500 damage, which is quite amazing) , and costs 25 since the latest patch. I can already see plenty of scenarios where you run out of ammo in a firefight, and just had the time to put some shields down; the knife being rather both fast to launch and to travel to the target, it'd mean a guaranteed kill.
  6. Titanshells

I found that the knives are just bad in general no matter which you use. I know they were not intended to be a primary weapon. But they all suffer from the same problems when slashing.

-They miss at point blank range
    -You can't hit a moving target no matter how close you are
    -Supposedly the quick knife has more range than holding the knife out and slashing. Which makes absolutely no sense.

tldr; I don't know why they are in the game outside of cosmetic purposes.
  7. Pat22

As Wrel said in his video when he introduced it, it's really more of a novelty fun item than anything.