A few simple weapon adjustments ~

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xGreedFuSioN, Jun 20, 2013.

1. xGreedFuSioN

Just some simple adjustments I feel would make some weapons more viable over others:

All first gen SMG's reduced to 500 certs/ 500 sc, also reduce reload speed dramatically. (armistice has higher reload than hailstorm and 30 less bullets, what gives?)
    All faction heavy weapons reduce to 500 certs/ 500 sc, remove MCG spinup time, add 5 rounds to jackhammer mag, keep lasher rof and add in the old splash damage and maybe adds some velocity

ATM there's not really much of a reason to use these weapons. Sure a few people will be all "O but i use dis and i du gud" yes, sure, fine, but you could use anything else and do better. Simple enough suggestion?
    • Up x 2
  2. VanuSovereignty

BUUUUUT. i use-ed dee eridani once and i got like 3 kills den i deaded.

Agreed.
    • Up x 1
  3. PieBringer

Hilarious thread as always, Greed. You never fail to make me laugh. Thanks. :D
    • Up x 1
  4. xGreedFuSioN

Hehehehe
  5. Bankrotas

Why 5 rounds? You want JH to be better at killing potential than pump actions? I'd be fine with that, but many wouldn't.
  6. xGreedFuSioN

damage and rate of fire already suck, it should be the LMG of shotguns. I'd have no problem with it, if you're gonna die via shotgun you're gonna die, nothin you can do.
  7. Bankrotas

Shotgun lmg eh? so 20 rounds?
  8. Azereiah

Hm, I wonder why my universal weapon is doing less damage than the Heavy Assault weapon! Perhaps it has something to do with smaller, weaker classes being able to carry it?

No, seriously. Jackhammer should have a VERY distinct sound and be able to maul people easily. As it stands, it's just a glorified semi that you use like a slug shotty. It's something to be terrified of on the field, and this is coming from a VS player. The direction they took it in disappointed me, honestly - mid to long range domination is a MCG thing, not a JH thing. The JH has always been a close range murder machine.

VERY close range, EXTREME damage (Very strong 2-hit-kill, I'd say), VERY high firerate compared to equivalent weapons. Balancing factor would be that it's an extremely close range weapon - 20 meters tops.

Go play PS1, you'll see that the Sweeper was originally the equivalent of a pump shotgun and it ate it when put up against a Jackhammer at point blank. It was originally a weapon that you'd grab for your Reinforced Exosuit and run into a packed room to kill every single person there with, at the expense of being able to do jack else.