[Suggestion] A few medical fix, drag body

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halkesh, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Halkesh

I have think about several idea for both CM and LA. The final goal is to make HA less popular by making other class more appealing.

Allowing the LA to drag friendly body will fix a huge problem they have : being unable to be revived because they are on a roof and the medic can't jump that far.
    Since LA don't have F ability, I suggest to allow them to be able to drag body by maintaining F key. This way they can drag friendly body ti the ground or the nearest medic for a revive.

For the combat medic, I've think about multiple idea. Some of them are improving the combat part and the other are improving the support part of the medic, maybe even making the medigun primary no longer a nuisance for veterans that don't like being revived before the gun barrel of the enemy.

-Add an optional attachment to the medigun that allow to drag body with MB1 (it will replace the ability to use the medigun to heal).

-Make the Shield Regen Device available to all medic and allow it to heal friendly (it will repair shield once the health is full), so you don't have to pull your medigun and using your time to heal light wound. Also, since it's more visible than a medic it mean less medkit wasted for 50hp.

-Create a new ability that will replace SRD for medic that want to focus on the support part of the class. This ability should be a sidegrade to the self-heal ability. I'd think about a protection or instant-heal so you can save friendly near you if you have good reaction time or simply if you want that guy to go back to fight faster. (for example : Instantly heal 500 health or shield plus an other 500 heal/shield over 6 sec to a single target, with a cooldown that depend on ranks of the ability (the medic can't target himself).

-Make healing grenade useful. For example by giving it the ability to prepare an assault by giving a few overshield to friendly and/or by being able to stick the grenade to friendly.
  2. Callyste

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Medics have access to the Revive Grenade?
    Adding a "drag" ability would also be a nightmare to animate.

I'd also add that I actually like that LA's ability to reach places unreachable by other classes has both advantages and drawbacks. They get access to great vantage points, but are also out of reach from support (ammunition supplies, heals, etc).
    • Up x 1
  3. Pat22

LA do have an F ability, but it was put on the spacebar for convenience.
  4. Callyste

Consequently, it's a spacebar ability!

Joke aside, I think his point was that a "drag body" ability wouldn't impede the LA's jetpack ability.
    • Up x 1
  5. FateJH

Unless you mean it also recharges shields as well as heals health, that sounds like it can a completely different sort of grenade now.
  6. Halkesh

Nothing on the instant-heal, the medical applicator attachment or buff (via the addition of the SRD that also heal) ?

I suggested an overshield on top of the existing 100 heath/sec, so it allow to be a bit more tanky for a short time.
    But replacing the overshield by a shield repair coupled with the ability to stick the grenade on a friend could make this grenade worth it for non-carapace users.

Revive grenade are consumable that cost nanites, draging a body do not cost nanites.
    I don't share you point of view with what should be the LA weakness. I think giving it the ability to get a revived more often will improve their gameplay without making it out of control. If this make the LA a bit more popular then I've accomplished what I wanted : make player want to play something else than a HA.
    For the animation, why do you suddently want an animation when a ton of thing don't have animation ? I suggest the same animation as for hacking a terminal, enter a vehicle, load ammo from an ammo tower or pick up ammo from an ammopack.

As Callyste said, the idea is to create a drag body ability, I proposed F key because it's convenient and free on the LA (since you use spacebar). So I don't see a reason to impede with jetpack ability.
  7. Prudentia

Why would you make something as basic as bodydragging and then not give it to all classes? that seems kinda silly that only a single class would be able to do it.
    Something like a Adrenaline stick in the utility slot you can use to revive a single ally instead of medsticks would be way more interesting.
  8. Halkesh

I suggested it for LA only simply because it's probably the class that need this feature the most and also because they the only class that do nothing when you press F.
    Dragging body for everyone is a nice idea, but what key should it use by default ? :p

For the revive kit, I'm pretty sure I've already proposed something like that, but yes it could be a good option too. That or allow people to use their resto kit / medkit to revive people via RMB.
  9. Callyste

Maybe that's just me, but I see way more LAs around than HAs. LA got extra mobility, but can get to positions out of reach from support. Whether it should or should not be their "weakness", it's how it is and frankly, totally fine in my eyes.
    And to be frank, I don't believe most LA people would take the time to get to another out-of-reach LA that got killed, drag his butt all the way down to the ground in the hope that some medic will be there, maybe, in time to revive them.
    As Prudentia suggested, an Adrenaline Stim giving a single revive to whatever class carries it would be such a better and more interesting option.

So you'd have people walking around with a body sliding on the ground behind them? Talk about suspension of disbelief xD
    No, that would look seriously silly. I can easily buy people "teleporting" inside vehicles, but dead bodies sliding on the ground would look like a glitch more than anything else.
  10. Halkesh

The other option could be to stock the body in the bottomless pocket you use when you switch weapons. Effectively making the body disappear after a short loading circle. Then you can drop it everywhere it please you, for evample throw it from the roof in the hope it will cross the road of a medic.
  11. Callyste

Hah. No my main concern isn't what YOU see when you drag a body around, but what other people around will see :p
  12. Halkesh

Lets just pretend it's nanite telekinesis :p
    The other option (teleport the body to your pocket) might be better received ?

Still no feedback on my medic suggestions :(
  13. LegendarySalmonSnake

Dis?
  14. Halkesh

It could be nice to have this, but the problem is it will need a lot of animation work. This could be resolved via the "press F to teleport the body to your shoulders".
  15. Pat22

Okay, then you have to complete your idea and propose a spacebar ability for each other class.
  16. Callyste

Double jumping of course.
  17. TomoB

Yeah, give more features for LA so that it's going to be do-it-all-class. They already seem to do HA's work with their rifle rockets, why not give medic features also while at it.
  18. Halkesh

LA : dragging corpse
    HA: dragging corpse
    CM: dragging corpse
    Infiltrator: dragging corpse
    Engineer: dragging corpse
    Done, happy now ? X)

Currently the HA is good at everything that it important, so giving feature to non-HA until HA is no longer the best class is a step in the right direction IMO.
    Dragging corpses will be far more valuable by LA than HA, and I've proposed a few idea for the medic that got completely ignored.
  19. Stoet

I gave ur options numbers to make it easy for me :D

1 --> nah, rather revive them instead of dragging them, since if u gonna drag u are going to be in gun range aswell, so well just revive then, and if he goes down instantly, do it again. even more exp for you.

2 --> i agree. remove the "either hp or shield" option and make it 1 think. even if u have to put it down, no more healing aura, and it will do both in order(health first, then shield).

3 --> disagree. it will make it near impossible to kill people if there's enough medics behind him. remove the instant, make it overtime and i would agree on it tho.

4 --> remove healing nades and make the revive grenade sticky.... i hate that thing bouncing everywhere i don't want it to be. again by overshielding with healing grenades, if there's enough people trowing them in a row, people will just be way to hard to kill imo.(depending on the rates it would give overshield, but since it's in mid combat when i would use a heal nade, it has to be rather quick to be affective).

Suggestions myself:

I hate swapping guns everytime. i would love to see a Main medic weapon that could have a revive underbarrel.(makes me switch with B, but it's alot faster to switch back and shoot) because when im healing/revive someone i never can react in time if an enemy comes around the corner.
    Could also make it an "ability" to revive, no need to swap guns but thats going to be to powerfull imo, since medics will run in crowds shoot and revive at the same time.

Give the Darn medic 2 revive nades.... instead of 1. you pay nanites anyway per nade u trow, and realy... i can take 2 C4 if i wanted by upgrading it. let me upgrade the revive grenade aswell so i can take a second without taking a complete different suit for that. i realy love having small gun resistance as a medic, so i can take a little more risk when trying to revive someone.
  20. Halkesh

1 - A lot of people don't like being revived in a dangerous area and ask for medic to clear the area before revive. I don't share that point of view but I respect it. This idea make sense in the case when medic are behind a cover and have dead friend in range of both enemy and the medic's revive beam. Typically near a door.
    I
    understand you love free xp but you have to admit it will be useful as it improve a lot the survivability of the revived friendly.

2 - I develop a bit the idea.
    Every medic have access to SRD by pressing their tool key when they have their medical applicator in the hand (same principle as with the UBGL but key 3 instead). It will no longer be in the ability slot (self-heal is still available).
    The device will heal then repair the shield both at slow rate. Other than these, it act like the current SRD.

3 - I wish to keep the instant part as it allow one medic to save a friendly from imminent death and it will make contrast with the self-heal ability. The ability just have to be balanced so it can't be abused via multiple medic.
    If the target is still affected by the instant-heal's heal-on-duration (so during 6 sec) then the other instant-heal will work with less effectiveness : it will grant 0 instant health and will refresh the heal-on-duration.

4 - make healing grenade effet don't stack with itself will resolve that problem.

About your suggestions.
    I've already made a thread about medicals applicator (MA) that included a helmet integrated MA (HIMA), similar in most point with you weapon integrated MA. The con of the HIMA were a shorter range and a cooldown meaning you lose the ability to revive from a cover and to revive a complete platoon within the 30 sec timer.

I say it as a main medic : revive grenade are already one of the most OP grenade (even if you can't kill with it). If it need anything, it's not a buff. So giving 2 grenades without grenade belt is put of question (you even can't do that with decoy grenade, "the useless one"). Since the stick feature is just for convenience considering how the grenade work, I've no objection.
    I agrue for nanoweave armor supression so fear not, eventually you'll be able to play with 4 revives grenades without being at a disadvantage. ;)
    • Up x 1