A Cruel Combo (Loadouts for Crossbow users)

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Joexer, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Joexer

Chances are you play light assult. As you are on the LA's Discussion Forum. If you are seeing this post. You may use a variant of the QCX Crossbow. and this is for you. If you feel like the pistols are a waste of your time. Consider this. (sorry about text wall)

The Crossbow is a decent mid range sniping solution for light assult. However this is not how I use it in one loadout. My support LA. Give Detect bolts a try and you will see what I mean. Pair with C4. Pair with UBGL. Help Show exact enemy movement from atop the nearest building with 4+ bolts. Get loads of motion detect assists, which go towards infil and LA. Pair with C4 for landmines in a place where the enemy only has one entrance, Use as a decoy, your enemy will be expecting a infiltrator. This is best for indoors but can work well outdoors. Like on a ridge enemies are definately on the opposite side of. Shoot bolts at one corner. Jump on top while they go around to investigate. Profit. shoot to end of a contested hallway to get loads of assists help teammates time frag strikes, then fly up and around to wreak wholesale havoc as a lonewolf. Pair with flash grenades for maximum affected, or UBGL for similar effects. Assist friendly snipers or spotters. The possibilies are nearly endless for teamplay and lonewolf alike. But Detect bolts have been generally underrated and I think this will help those that dont know their power to use them to their potential.

My Loadouts are as follows: [Support] NS-7(or smg of choice), QCX w/ ls and db's, C4♥ and Jump Jets, and most important Epic background music to maximize efficiency ;).

[Explosive Tantrum] Auto shotgun or s-variant and ubgl. qcx w/Explosive bolts, C4, grenade belt. And foo fighters

Have fun and report your successes/ suggestions/ other for these setups.
    • Up x 6
  2. Iridar51

I sometimes have these stupidest moments where I can't put two and two together. For example, I might know a guy's dad's name, but won't be able to figure out the guy's second name.

Or in this case, I'm all envious of infiltrators with their radar detection in one thread, and in another thread I see a guy saying that it's the LA who should be a recon class with motion detection, and infiltrators should have radar jammers instead, and I'm thinking "yeah, it sure would be nice to have radar detection on LA".

So you just made a 2 and 2 combine. I feel like
    [IMG]

I'll be sure to try this when the september update comes out. Might also make a video about it. Maybe. No promises.
    • Up x 4
  3. Joexer

Oh wow. Iridar. Thanks for responding. And thanks for your guides which actually let me PLAY this game.I really appreciate the time you took to make that and your videos. But back on topic, I came across this the same way you mentioned actually. Ive been using it for a little while but Ive gotten my utility out of it on my own. Any dedicated(or not) LA should st least try this. It is worth and will make up for the certs if you already own the crossbow. In fun and Xp. Hope you have success with it and thanks again.
    • Up x 1
  4. Redwave

All of this is brilliant. just. brilliant.... You sir have cracked the Da Vinci code of flankiness. You can use C4 because you don't need medkits because you will know your enemies where abouts every step of the way....Genius
    I will be making a loadout out of this.
  5. Joexer

Thanks Dude. Means a lot. Have fun with the loadout. Not a genius. Problem-Solver ;)
    • Up x 1
  6. Redwave

Huge problem solver, thanks again for the loadout and sharing your thoughts man.
  7. cruczi

But you can drop medkits already by equipping Regen implant. It works. LA can get to safety easily and wait for HP to regen when needed. Recommended to combine with nanoweave suit slot to maximize health pool, and because HP regen starts in 10 seconds which doesn't mesh well with ASC. Grenade bandolier works too, and might actually be a perfect combo with the recon darts.

OP's tactic sounds good on paper. I'll have to give recon darts a try, I own the QCX but have barely used it.
  8. Joexer

Good on paper isnt even a start my friend. I suck at infantry combat. I am a support. My KDR sucks(>.5) since i couldnt even engage in firefights with my old pc.

But a warning: prepare for severe /tell msgs and report threats and hacker accusation when you spam these in a bio-lab defense :rolleyes:

Only downside with this is the detect doesnt last very long. (like 10 sec or so)
  9. Jawarisin

Just cliced on the class discussion thread. Thought it would be infil since it talked about the crossbow. Well, Thank you for warning me about that. Might I just add to place the c4 above if possible? Those on the ground are obvious to me (not that I play LA much).

Also, I can't believe you'd get hackusations from doing that, I demand proof or it never happened!

I got a Maxed recon dart that can see everything.
  10. Joexer

Oh trust me. When you spam like 10 of those and then they realize you are light assult they will. Ill def screenshot next time tho. I generally place C4 on walls where it looks like an art asset at first glance XD.

Oh yeah and new Idea. Pumpie Shottie, recon darts and a capture point doorway. My friend on connery reported massive succes with this.

Furthermore. If you fire off 4 recon bolts in one spot you can tell if your enemy is Adsing or not or sprinting. If they move 3 rings in a cycle of the detctor(1sec) then they are moving ~75% of walk speed. 2 is half. if they move out of that range in one second they must have over 1.5x move speed. Sprint or jets.
  11. breeje

this layout also works very well with the engineer class
    unlimited recon darts
    • Up x 1
  12. Joexer

True. I was posting this for the recon ability of light assults though (LA forum)
  13. Bixli

..yes , i really love the x-bow & i use it at engi too since a longer time , good tips joexer.

..& explosive darts are a good finisher in some situations for any vehicles if they gonna burn & they're a real pain for any max's.
  14. MartenV

Hmmm... Might give this a go. I always go standard nano + medkits so would be nice to switch it up a bit.
  15. TheShooter36

im already good with 1st gen pumps. with recon darts i can be a "nerf him" player because im good at when the enemy spotted
    i can make a plan and strike their behind:)
    thanks for this thread
  16. Redwave

Today I designed the loadout that I will use the Hunter in I made a loadout completely different in almost everything compared to my other loadouts:
    Recon
    Shotgun (in this case Maluer S6)
    1x reflex
    ext. mags

Hunter QCX
    detect bolts

Ammo belt
    Jump Jets
    Smoke Grenade
    C4
    Regen Implant
  17. Joexer

Thanks for the feedback all!
  18. Joexer

Keep it coming though. Any weaknesses in this strat so far besides duration and loss of an effective sidearm?
  19. Iridar51

It's underwhelming. It is only relevant in fights of small size, 12/12 on a small base or 24/24 on a large base. If it gets too crowded either your intel will be useless for you - you will get lots of radar assists, though.

The short duration means you have to deploy the darts when you're very close to the enemy, or you won't be able to engage while the dart lasts. But when you're close, you're constantly in danger, and you risk being getting shot while deploying the darts.

Even during that short duration, darts provide weak intel. They only spot moving targets that got hit by a pulse, pulses are infrequent, radius is small, and you get an approximate position at best.

I played a game session with them or two, and situations where these darts were actually useful to me were rare.
    • Up x 2
  20. DatVanuMan

HOW DARE YOU LIGHT ASSAULTS AND INFILTRATORS SPEAK ON FORUMSIDE?
    Without inviting ME!:D
    So, what's the situation here? LAs want the detection equipment and infiltrators want more EMPs?
    • Up x 1