[Suggestion] A bunch of tools, abilities, and other ideas for Engineer

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by SlugSniper, Oct 2, 2016.

1. SlugSniper

So out of all the ideas I've seen or come up with for the Engineer class, I thought I'd compile all of them into one big thread for discussion, mainly because I want them... All of them. :D

Nanite Dart Launcher - Tool
    Fires nanite darts that repair a good portion of HP at a decent rate upon impact. Sacrifices overall repair rate and consistency for range. Can be resupplied, but very slowly. Comes with regular iron sights by default, but can be equipped with up to a 4x scope.
    This handy tool would allow players to support armored assaults from afar or even from the air as well as repair friendly aircraft while they're still flying (you would need to be a good shot).

Sabotage-Recycle Kit - Tool
    Allows the user to "siphon" enemy vehicle HP at a decent rate. The HP collected can then be used to repair friendly vehicles and MAXs and the like at a faster rate than the regular repair kit. A high-risk, high-reward tool.

Construction Kit - Tool
    Not my idea. Whoever it was that came up with this, please claim credit, because I have a bad memory. :confused:
    This tool would allow the player to collect a small amount of Cortium in order to build small, useful structures for base assaults and the like, unrestricted by no-deploy zones.

Anti-Air Turret - Ability
    A good deployable counter to aircraft. Capable of 360-degree rotation, but is a bigger target and takes longer to deploy than other Engineer turrets.

Scattergun Turret - Ability
    Again, not my idea.
    A close-range defense turret with a slightly larger protective shield than the machine gun turret. Great for those tight indoor brawls.

Mobile Cover - Ability
    Think large, futuristic riot shield. This handy piece of equipment would create a wide shield in front of the user, providing cover for themselves and nearby teammates to push up with. Like the repair kit, it would require a cool-down time after heavy use.

Stationary Cover - Ability
    Like the Mobile Cover ability, but is placed on the ground, projecting a wide, stationary shield without the need for any sort of cool-down time.

Incendiary Grenade - Grenade (duh)
    Engulfs an area in flame for a certain amount of time. Flames deal damage over time and create a bright splotch on NV and Thermal optics. Hot thermite particles are capable of dealing light damage to vehicles.
    This nifty grenade would be used largely for area denial, fitting a support role quite well.
    • Up x 3
  2. Ximaster

I post another idea for engineer few days ago,its called "grenade launcher turret" its something as a turret that launches grenades that does damage same as explosión bolts of Hunter QCX (or whatever is named)

Also,scattergun turret is a great idea too :D
  3. Kanelbullen300

go to reddit if you want devs to see your ideas, they never look here
  4. SlugSniper

I hate Reddit... Very inconvenient.

There was a very similar mindset with the whole Battlefield Battlelog vs Reddit thing. The devs never seemed to notice good ideas on the actual forums. They claimed that they paid attention to the forums, but it never did seem like it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kanelbullen300

yeah reddit isn't the best of things but, if you reaaally want all these ideas implemented then reddit is probably the way to go.
  6. Eternaloptimist

AA turret please because......I want one
  7. SlugSniper

So I came up with another idea: a light mortar that functions like the Glaive IPC. A bit more lethal with a smaller AoE, but still primarily a support weapon.
  8. SarahM

Repair mines: like tank mines, but they trigger when (damaged) friendly vehicles drive over them and repair damage.
  9. Eternaloptimist

TBH I think the only thing the engie lacks is any real anti air capability. We've got something for pretty much every other situation already, makiing us probably the most versatile class in the game.
    • Up x 1
  10. SlugSniper

Here's another idea you might like:

Auto-AA Turret
    Unlike the anti-air flak turret, the auto-AA turret will fire a homing missile at an aircraft that blunders within a certain distance of it.

That might be good as a small deployable unit as opposed to mines. A little robotic arm that repairs nearby vehicles, perhaps?
  11. SarahM

Automated Repair Turret? Sounds good to me and would probably be more balanced than repair mines (repair over time vs. burst).
  12. Eternaloptimist

Auto AA turret is not a bad idea - a step in the right direction. Personally, I like the instant gratification of pointing and shooting a thing myself, but that's just me.
  13. MrMinistry30

AA-Turret - SHUT UP AND TAKE MY CERTS!
    • Up x 1
  14. NubCannon

I really like the Grenade idea, i feel like the engineer's main role is to suppress infantry zergs. however perhaps making it a rail attachment underbarrel grenade launcher for the archer?

sticky grenades are my new favorite anti max weapon

throw a sticky at a max then pop an archer round to the head, he goes for cover with his buddies and boom. I give you, the homing grenade.

Deployable shield is gonna be a thing though, not sure how i feel about it yet, cause it looks like people can just jump over it, although it might be entertaining in conjunction with the construction system

also ive found that keeping a base AV Tower in your pocket is a good idea. they're tougher than other types of turrets, and very fun.