800 damage Bolt Actions have damage drop off....WTF

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ArcKnight, May 7, 2013.

1. ArcKnight

why? be less vague
  2. Revel

Damage drop off in this game is ridiculous and laughable my modern ballistic standards but unfortunately this is a game and they needed a dumb mechanic for balancing.

I still laugh that 25m is considered medium range in infantry combat.
  3. ArcKnight

I agree 25m is too short for mid/long range weapons
  4. Sifer2

Damage drop off pales in comparison to bullets flat out disappearing an failing to hit people near the max render distance lol. I'm not even sure why there is a 12x scope if the people you can see with it often can't be hit.

Also if it's true Nano is giving double health that might actually make it competitive with Flak as a valid armor choice. As it was there was no real contest Flak was better. I actually wonder if some sneaky dev was testing it just to see if it has that much impact on gameplay. I agree with the guy that says it actually makes Nano5 powerful for counter sniping.
  5. Grotpar

Wild animals usually only eat people under specific circumstances.
    I reckon the bear in question was injured or starved, and unable to get anything else to eat.

Humans usually aren't eaten because we taste like ****.
  6. Amphoric

From the youtube video, I had no idea that being that close to a target with just NW2 would let him live... that is just ridiculous imo >.<
  7. Xind

Bears are naturally attracted to the flavor of snipers. Being removed from combat reduces the stress level of the sniper, which makes the meat more tender. And they exude a natural scent of entitlement which attracts predators.
  8. Liquid23

I was 0317 and have never been attacked by a bear... but then again I don't think they have bears in Iraq... was attacked by a camel once tho... those things can get nasty!
  9. Xind

If there were bears in Iraq, they would of handled all the problems before we showed up. Bears stand for FREEDOM.
  10. RobotNinja

Obviously, the Higby recommended and approved engagement range for a bolt action rifle is 9 Smeders.
  11. Krayus_Korianis

Be less of a ******. It's good they can't one hit kill from long ranges.
  12. illgot

They are OHK rifles, you just have to be in close.

Think of the logic that the devs use. We subscribe and gain passive cert gain. True, but with the unadvertised 24 hour limit before the passive cert gain is deactivated.

Same with the bolt action rifles. They are OHK rifles, but only up to a very minimal distance.

They did not lie to you or anyone, they just stretched the truth and hid it in a box.

I have learned that you can not trust these developers. They are profits first, customers second.