800 damage Bolt Actions have damage drop off....WTF

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ArcKnight, May 7, 2013.

1. Xind

Why are you back peddling towards something behind you? And no, the only thing that instant kills in the head is still shotguns...oh and sniper rifles. More over, why are they ADADADAD/SPACEBAR if they've caught you from behind?
  2. m44v

The two bodyshot kill works only against players without nanoweave (or nanoweave 1), if they have nanoweave 2 or above they will tank it. You will need three bodyshots for a kill, if is a heavy with the default shield then be prepared to get four bodyshots for a kill, or three bodyshots and finish with your pistol. With the ROF of boltactions your target will either escape or kill you before you can pull it off.

The current state of nanoweave means that infiltrators without 1k certs weapons are free XP in the situations where they are supposed to infiltrate and hack.
  3. Zorro

Damage degradation makes no sense. In real-life air drag does not reduce the projectile speed so drastically (at least within reasonable distances such as 300m). This game would be more realistic simply dispensing with damage degradation altogether.
  4. ArcKnight

bolt action rifles are built for getting headshots , semi-auto's are better suited to body shots as thay have a good RoF

note: you need more than 2 body shots if your target is using nano weave
  5. anaverageguy

I don't feel like replying to all the above individually so I'll go with this one.

Yes, I know. What of it? Three shots is at a range where they wouldn't be able to kill any decent sniper (esp. with the newer sway) before being killed or forced under cover themselves.
  6. m44v

At the range they wouldn't kill you then you're just sniping and being useless.
    I play close, I put myself in a lot of risk by hacking terminals and going for capture points, yet in almost CQC ranges headshots don't kill, and in the time it takes me to pull 3 bodyshots other classes can kill me twice. This is all because nanoweave is giving a health bonus that doesn't match its description.
    • Up x 1
  7. anaverageguy

If you're close, nanoweave can't save sniper targets. Your argument has some significant gaps there.

Maybe you're just no good at distant sniping lol. Just because you can't win fights where others can return fire doesn't mean others can't either.
  8. Stormlight666

Not to mention that PS1 snipers COULDN'T go invisible and hide when they got spotted, since PS1 Infiltrators only had pistols.
    • Up x 1
  9. m44v

I beg your pardon?
    • Up x 2
  10. anaverageguy

That's what we'd call a bug, no?
  11. HadesR

Bolt actions should do full damage up to 100m then drop off from there
    • Up x 1
  12. Vaphell

yes, the dropoff on sniper rifles starting at 10m doesn't make sense because we get weapons which lose 1/3 of their dmg before bullet even reaches their operating range. That's idiotic. You get blocked at ranges at which there is almost no bullet drop yet. I think Longshot is zeroed at about 100m so you don't have to even think about aiming properly yet you stop getting kills at that distance. Why would you even use powerful scopes? They are a waste of certs.

I get what the standard mechanic of A dmg@Xm -> Bdmg@Ym is supposed to do (in conjunction with RoF and CoF create separate niches for different classes of weapons) but the numbers picked for sniper rifles simply don't work because they make them occupy the same range niche as decked out assault rifles and LMGs, especially with bugzored NW. The damage line needs to be pushed to the right and stretched out, eg 50m-150m
  13. HadesR

Yeah kinda illogical that a long range weapon starts to lose it's long range damage before it even leaves CQC distance, let alone medium.
    SOE at it's best :rolleyes:
  14. Rift23

Because they're unskilled non-snipers?
  15. Dingus148

Kind of like how weapons designed for long range fire have been shoehorned into CQB? A la assault rifles, LMGs and arguably carbines? Kind of how your average PS2 round travels at the speed of a lazy rocket? Lol

Nanites. To anyone trying to point out the lack of consistent RL logic in sniper rifles...welcome to the "everything is affected the same way" club. Nanites nanites and more nanites
  16. Vaphell

yes, the range spectrum is excessively compressed but the NW bug affects sniper weapons disproportionately.
    I regularly see clips of TR engies who pwn people 20px tall on their screen in ADS full auto mode in under 1s, yet snipers are supposed to jump through the hoops to score a kill at that same range. If sniping is supposed to be that ****** get rid of the sway
  17. The King

With how you're posting, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
  18. The King

This is what we're complaining about.
    It's that bad.... Especially on Waterson, which the video was on.
    I've hit 8 headshots in a row and not one killed. That was yesterday and today..

Wish I can get rid of the parallax and get my SC back since I thought it does what the description states... It doesn't, however.
  19. Nyscha

Nanoweave gives you more health than it should.
    What we saw in that video was a close range bolt action rifle which 1 hit kills on headshots yet he lived without a shield of course and then he got shot again WITHOUT the shield and still lived.
  20. Vaphell