7 days of MAXing - Soloing Multiple enemy MAX units in the same Killstreak

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AccelPrime, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Jadith

Umm, that is at least five different fights in the four and a half minutes. At least half the units he kills do not react to him at all.
  2. Veri

But people will continue to cry until something is buffed out of proportion for their faction.

Just like anything, once you get used to it, you become a formidable opponent.
  3. Nyscha

As soon as a competent player comes your way you are dead.
    One rocket can kill the VS max.
    • Up x 1
  4. Frosty The Pyro

one rocket can kill any max, you just need a headshot. unless they are using flak armor, then only a devistator can one shot with a head shot. Normaly it will take 2 regardless though (more with flack). Maxes effective health vs explosives is 3.3K base, 4k with flak.
  5. AccelPrime

Looking up your stats, you seem to be less of that which you try so hard to degrade... Quite laughable.
    Multiple MAX solo's, multiple high threat/menace kills etc. I'm not sure what else I could offer.
    • Up x 1
  6. Sea of Ink

I was impressed. Good job, dude.
  7. Jadith

Never said you weren't good, nor did I mean to insinuate I am a better player than you.

Rather, the video is just meh. I've been seeing more and more of these types of montages lately, and they all look something like yours does. Short killstreaks taped back to back with some music behind it, boring and uninformative. Dime a dozen. Played out.

You played the VS max for a week straight. Yet yielded no commentary outside of your loadout. Nothing on how the max is best used from a tactical perspective. Nothing about using the suit to maximum effectiveness. No teamplay. No taking of actual objectives. Nothing making it stand out or really be worth the four and a half minutes I spent watching it. Pile it in with the other hundred videos nobody cares about after they drop off the front page. Yawn.

Mulitple max solos against bursters and half drunk scat maxes. A nice Lib kill pick-up. I did not know it was a secret that burster maxes yield high threat bonuses quite reliably, but kudos if someone figured that out by watching the vid. Also, most of the fights are just you hot dropping onto the Crown in a max suit. For a guy of your skill, this video fails to really show it off.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bill Hicks

Its like he knows how to use his strengths and hide his weaknesses, instead of crying for weapons only good in bio domes.
  9. AccelPrime

Thanks alot :D!

Thanks for the positive comment :)!
  10. Phyr

This is ironic coming from you.
  11. Bill Hicks

You idiots are complaining about a shotgun, because its good at close range. I point out that the magrider is far too good. It comes from actually playing video games longer than you been out of diapers. I can tell what needs counter play and what is obviously too powerful.

LOL your name is phyr probably have characters named S.N.I.P.E.R ghost wolf or NYTEBLAYD lolololololo
  12. Phyr

[IMG]
    Your insult fell flat, try harder.

Anyway, telling people to learn the strengths and weaknesses of their weapons, coming from someone who ******* and cries about everything, is ironic, and hypocritical. You know this, we know this. It's forever immortalized in forum history.
  13. AnnPerkins

I was kind of hoping to see you take on MAXes with like weapons other than bursters :-/
    • Up x 1
  14. AccelPrime

I do, several times. I had a hard time finding people who wasn't using dual bursters/stock setup though. Not like there's anything I can do about it anyways :p.
  15. Bambolero

VS children will never admit that it's not their MAX that sucks but their game skills and tactics...
    I bet the age group of VS players is half that of the other factions.
    I sense a lot of insecurity and teenage anxieties.
    Not only that they don't give props to OP for showing some skills and what their MAX is capable of , they even talk shiat to him lol...
    Kinda sad.
  16. Edgar Allan Bro

lol I was thinking the same thing, didn't finish it atleast.
  17. AccelPrime

I'm certain it's not about age groups, but rather the mindset of some people, and this occurs in all factions, sadly :/. But thanks for the comment :).

"What's stealth, and not running in guns blazing without a plan?"
    While I usually steer away from such phrases, comments like Jadith's just scream jelly. I'll leave it at that :p
  18. Edgar Allan Bro

That video would be cool if you were going up against NC/TR MAX with dual AI weapons. If I was making a montage like this I would have edited out the stupid burster MAXes and other infantry that get shot in the back.
  19. Bill Hicks

LoL!
  20. Zan_Aus

It must take dedication and hard work to be as miserable as that.

OK, I'll tell you how I got a 47 killstreak in a VS MAX with dual Cosmos and nearly topped out Flak armour.

1) Stay at medium to long range (anywhere between 40-150), you can get kills at over 100m with the Vanu MAX (dual Cosmos). Even in a Tower, if you have to choose where to move, take the direction that will put you at the end of a long corridor rather than point blank.
    2) Don't stay out in the open or charge in, behave like normal infantry and use cover. Avoid exchanges with infantry who are behind deep cover, you are too inaccurate to pinpoint them and they will snipe you to death. Just LOS them to force them to move to get you and fire on any who break cover.
    3) Save charge for retreats or escaping tanks (never to close with an enemy) and use it liberally to pull back behind lines for a repair. Weave when you charge, cuts the fire you take by 75%.
    4) Never get below 50% HP, try and stay topped up to full as much as possible.
    5) Try and keep high ground as much as possible, you'll take a couple more bullets but significantly less chance of hits or splashes from missiles or shells. Stand on the crest of a hill, not the face, you don't need to worry about snipers like regular troops.
    6) Never stop firing, you have so much ammunition that you can just keep the trigger pressed all day. I would have gotten triple/quadruple my kills in assists because I coat the entire incoming wave with fire and they all reach my fellow troopers having taken 2-3 bullets each, making all my guy's fights so much easier (enemies are fighting with shields depleted. Or their wave gets broken up because half of it retreats behind cover to let shields regen or they've used their med kit before they hit our lines etc etc).
    7) Making sure the whole environment is just a continual storm of bullets suppresses a lot of the fire that would otherwise come your way, people duck because they can't tell the difference between your area effect spray and an aimed shot.
    8) Stay the hell away from vehicles, especially your own TKing idiots.
    9) Don't bother to try and be a point taker, you have **** TTK at close range, you need fellow infantry anyway so play as an overwatch unit from above and behind that makes their life easier. You don't need to necessarily kill enemies but suppress and weaken large numbers of them, just turn doorways and halls into sheets of metal and don't chase infantry for that single kill, you'll over-extend. This is the reverse from playing a Hackmax where you lead into a room and kill.
    10) Be cautious, don't play like a tank with legs, play like an infantryman with some extra armour.
    11) Don't suck.

That's it.