600Mb of bugs in a new fix

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Humusak, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Humusak

5 new graphics and 100000 new bugs. Sunderer dont work properly, random server disconnect etc. etc.
    Nofix good fix.
  2. Stormsinger

Say we have a couch. This couch has five new features that it's designers are working on. A couch is built, and players are asked to help test it. 200 people sit on this couch, and it's fine. Now, having tested it as best they can, this couch is released onto the market. 5000 people sit on the couch simultaneously, jumping up and down, throwing parties, there are probably a few tank shells being fired into the cushions here and there. Suddenly, the couch breaks, and people start screaming, "WHY DIDN'T YOU TEST THE COUCH?!"

This first couch was the test server, the second couch was the release version. For a game of this scope, tons of people are needed to test - they dont have that on the test server, so it cannot be tested under load, thus, we see the bugs on live servers, which is the appropriate load for testing. This is game development.

Help, report bugs, give details when you can.

Yelling about bugs on the forum doesn't help.

Remember folks, help test couches, get less bugs.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  3. DeadlyPeanutt

disconnected from miller 3 times in 2 hours. Looked like full contenient wide disconnects. sundie inside an amp station locked up when I tried to mobilize... bugs bugs bugs
  4. DeadlyPeanutt

If you plan for the couch to hold 5000 people, why do you have 200 test it?

Massive disconnects and other major bugs should be found and corrected before the patches are put into game servers... if you treat your players like beta testers, your game gets a rep for being half finished and bug ridden...
  5. Villanuk

Being disconnected every 15 minutes is not a bug, its a

6. Yuki10

All i can say is.....

[IMG]
  7. Movoza

Because only 200 people come test it when they ask 5000 to test it.
  8. Yuki10

You don't get to complain about free couch being full of fleas (bugs), you are free not to take it (play it). Unless you are a paying member, you are not even the target audience for this couch. Oh, and just in case - there is a liability clause in TOS saying they don't owe you anything - good or bad.
  9. customer548

Do i test any new content on the Test Server, in order to help Devs to provide a bug free update ?
    I usually do not.
    That's why i never complain when i cannot play the game in a proper way right after an update.

Each player has his own rig, his own hardware and software, while others are DLing the new update.
    I can understand in a easy way that it must be a total nightmare for Devs, and that it must be stressful for the game servers bandwith.
    This kind of issue happens on all MMO games.
  10. Haquim

For me that is because everytime I install the PTS client it ***** up my live client.
    And I dont want to reinstall the freaking client everytime I help them :/