5000 Certs for ASP Respectoken

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TR5L4Y3R, Dec 18, 2019.

1. TR5L4Y3R

Now i do apreciate the fact that DBG added a way to respec your invested tokens and allow you to change them whenever you feel not entirely happy with the ASPoptions you went with ...
    i also appreciate the imo rather low cost 150 DBC for being able to respec your ASP options ...

i ALSO appreciate it being possible to do with Certs .... .... ... just not .. THAT HUGE ammount ...

like .. this is basicaly half the ammount a F2P player has to invest to get to use ASPskills in the first place !!! ...
    and yes i get it .. players should not neccesarily just straight out be able to respec with no cost (though of course that would be preferable) but still 5000 certs again is A LOT of certs to invest .. thats basicaly equal to at least 3 fully speced out primary infantry weapons ... ... A LOT of time for a F2P player to accumulate that ammount of certs JUST to respec a eventualy wrong choice or wanting to try out something different ...

yes one could argue players who got into chosing their ASP skills may have already reached the point of the game were they unlocked anything they desired or needed for their classes or vehicles to perform at their best ... maybe even got most of the archievemeants they wanted to finish .....
    but again i feel the average F2P player might be rather left in the dust here ...

to reiterate ....
    it takes a lot of time for a F2P player to reach battlerank 120 if that player choses do so (doesn´t have to, but one may potentionaly lose the 100 certs per level that way (?)) ..

it takes a long time to accumulate 10 thausand certs to unlock access to asp-skills ....

i am willing to believe that it also takes a long time to reach ASP rank 100 to get all asp tokens ..
    and now you further ask to go through the chore to get half the ASPaccesscost ... for the ability to respec ...

please, please, PLEASE reduce the ASPRespec-certcost to at least 3000 ... that´s a lot still .. but less demotivating to grind imo ...
    • Up x 3
  2. SteelMantis

I'm real happy to finally have a respec live but I agree ASP is punishing free players.
  3. Pelojian

given the fact that that the only 'helmet' that can be bought for certs (which is basically no helmet at all, just the unobstructed head model) costs 5000 certs and unlocking ASP takes 10K certs for free players, I'm not all that surprised they would make the ASP reset token cost 5000 certs to try to push people into paying cash to reset it.
  4. FLHuk

I'm F2P and always have been.

2k certs an hour during the last double up so where's the issue? If you're at that point in the game it really shouldn't be a thing.

Far more things to do before worrying about ASP :D
  5. JobiWan

Surely by the time you've used ASP to its full you're swimming in certs? I think 5k is pretty reasonable. I'm ASP BR100 and have been for a while, not currently a member and I'm sat on about 7k certs with not much to spend them on.

Also, isn't it 1500DBC not 150?
  6. adamts01

I'm just happy we finally have this reset. I don't really regret anything, but I might switch light air for heavy secondary, now that I can pull ESF from a base and the TR HA has the thumper.
  7. Campagne

There is always more to spend certs on, and 5000 isn't a paltry sum.

It ought to just be free and time-locked.
  8. TR5L4Y3R

well then you are probably more effective than others .. even with double xp i get 300 MAYBE 400 certs for an hour during a alert at best ..
  9. TR5L4Y3R

1500 DBC would be friggin ....

*goes and checks again again*

... FOOOK MY LIFE!!!!! *tableflip*

15 friggin dollars ... for respecing ... .... JUST WHHHHYYYYY!!!!
  10. Pelojian

well around 700-1000DBC for one helmet cosmetic, the micro-transactions in PS2 aren't micro.

biggest example is the bigger and more pricey limited time bundles they've been making.
  11. FLHuk

These guys have to make money to keep the lights on somehow. Adding a high but attainable cert wall that can be paid through seems very reasonable to me.

Even if we do 100 per hour and a four hour play session it's 12.5 sessions. This again is for a player who possibly found 10k certs to get into this position.

( Edit : 50 hours or $15 = $0.3 per hour )

----
    When the 10k certs for ASP was announced I found it quite reasonable having dropped 12k+ into a Vanguard over the years! Sure it hurt at the time and a lot was wasted but the fun, oh the fun :)
  12. OneShadowWarrior

I am fine with the cert cost, they could have made it station cash exclusive.
    • Up x 1
  13. OgreMarkX

Cert cost is fine, if you are MAX ASP, then you are a member and likely have certs to burn (likely but not always the case I am sure).

The ASP recert in-game was way behind schedule and DBG would do well to use it as an example of planning and implementation training to improve their game mgmt performance (AND THEIR CUSTOMER COMMUNICATIONS) in the years to come.

A good feature, delivered late, and after a year of snide remarks towards customers, does not build loyal customers. It builds mistrust in future work. Don't be on that path.