500 cert spending advice

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by SpeedyCerviche, Jan 7, 2013.

1. SpeedyCerviche

Saved up 500 certs intending to unlock my second c4.
    However, I could get level 5 jump jets
    Or wait and get two levels of grenade bandoiler.

All three options sound enticing.
    And 500 certs is by far the most I've amassed at one time so I'd love some advice.

Two c4 = solo sunderers
    Lvl 5 jump jets = huge guerilla combat advantage
    Lvl 2 grenade bandoiler = 3 frag grenades of death

I'm open to other suggestions too.
  2. WacKo

Get C4!
  3. willTell

Don't think you really need max jump jet power and would rather only invest into it, if you really have nothing else to unlock.
    I don't know how often you switch to other than infantry gameplay, but having a LA with 3 grenades and 2 c4, you will run out of resources very easy.
    Not sure what's a really good combo for LA, but going for extra ammo or faster shield regen + the double c4 upgrade might be a more sustainable combo.
    • Up x 1
  4. wrenched

Not entirerly true, can solo turrets and tanks with 2, maxes with 1, but sunderers need 2 + 2xunderslung nades + killing the repairers.

Not a huge advantage over level 4. A huge advantage over having no jumpjets, sure, but not over level 4. Worth getting of course!

3 grenades are fantastic, the nades are good and throw three from a nice spot into groups is satisfying. I think that this would make the most difference in your circumstances.

However all are good choices!

--------------

My current play style which is proving effective is LA with 3nades, 2c4, level 6 JJ, Trac5-S with underslung and 2x. Yes I am often infantry resource poor, however I have almost max certed the TR ESF so I fly that when infatry resources build up.

I also deploy with the engineer who can use the same gun and unlocks as LA and reign down underslungs with unlimited ammo from the resupply box (the trick is to cycle weapons when grenade is reloading to keep it resupplying from the pack)
    • Up x 1
  5. Hawktitan

I want to say C4, but my suggestion is to get the gun with the underbarrel attachment. The frag launcher is simultaneously amazing and frustrating since it's so buggy, but I'd still recommend to get it.
  6. Ghoest

Get the second C4.

Its extremely fun - and its really helpful to your side.
  7. Paqu

Do not take the level 5 jump jets. Its bugged and you get the same result with level 2 or 3. Even with level 6 you can fly about 2 meters higher compared to level 2 and on recharge speed there is little to no difference at all. So unless you have plenty of certs and you have unlocked pretty much everything else investing to jump jets beyond level 2 or 3 is not worth it.

Take the second C4 since thats the best thing to have for LA if you like blowing up tanks. I have the level 2 grenade bandolier and its great as well. You can get some insane killing sprees with it once you find some pockets of enemy troops and start tossing some nades in. If you use both C4 and grenades a lot you will run out of resources pretty fast but its not that big of a deal since you just need to take it bit easier on explosives for a while and you will quickly start to stock some more.

Also if you really like playing LA and want to be effective at blowing up tanks and get behind enemy lines you really should go for a Drifter Jet. Upgrades on that works and at level 5 you get insane 30 second flight time which means you can travel long distances or just hover in one place for a long time.
  8. Iridar51

I recommend C4.

Don't know about three grenades, but with two grenades and C4 I have zero problems with Infantry Resource. It's my opinion that it's just "common knowledge" or a rumor, that you should run out of resource this way. Unless you throw grenades before you think, you won't have any problems.
    Ofcourse, it can be argued, that grenade bandolier is acquired for sole purpose of throwing grenades around, and if you're not doing it, you're wasting suit slot.
    I just like to have grenades if I need them. I don't give myself a hard time if I die without using both my grenades.
    Jump Jets upgrade is nice, but it won't give you new possibilities.
    Additional grenades are nice, but they won't give you anything new either.
    • Up x 1
  9. Mrasap

C4 no doubt about it.