$45 for the Platinum Bundle....what??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kronias, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Kronias

Seriously, who decided this price? I had no plans of buying it to begin with. But really, $45 for a paint job for 3 guns?? $50 if you're not a member! This feels like the Oblivion Horse Armor DLC. Is this a joke?
    • Up x 7
  2. sindz

Its beyond ******** - even the anniversary bundle was 40 dollars.

They really don't want to make money at DBG.
  3. Iridar51

summer 2014: give a platinum gun for free
    summer 2015: three platinum guns for 45$
    summer 2016: platinum armor set for all classes and vehicles for 150$ and 15000 certs
    • Up x 7
  4. Pikachu

Worse than $25 name change?
    • Up x 1
  5. Leftconsin

Someone thinks that very high prices sold to a small number of customers gives the best ROI in this game.

I don't know the numbers the marketing is telling them. It might be correct to sell for 50USD for all we know.
  6. FieldMarshall

Platinum Hunter QCX was 20$ i think.
    45$ for 3 doesent sound that bad. Especially since you are also basically buying black camo.

If i didnt have all 3 already, i would rather have this than the anni bundle.
  7. Stigma

Personally I'm never going to shell out 40 bucks or even more for something optional like that.
    I just can't justify paying the equivalent of a whole trippleA game (or several in a steam sale) for some reskinned weapons.

10 dollars... maybe - and mostly just to get some guns to auraxium for black camo (it's still utterly stupid that you essentially can't do this assignment without shelling out tons of RL cash for eligible weapons). Auraxium weapons should all count towards exceptional. If they aren't exceptional (requiring about 5500 kills just to unlock) then I don't know what is.

I don't know why they set the pricetag that high - I can't imagine they sell a lot at that pricepoint.
    -Stigma
    • Up x 1
  8. Zokstar

Anyone with an idea on how long these kinda sales usually last?
  9. KodiakX

These guns were previously only available as Recruit A Friend rewards and now they're being put out for sale.

Kinda makes sense they'd try to monetize those limited assets.
  10. Tommyp2006

Still cheaper than 3 gold guns
  11. BrbImAFK

I was gonna buy it.... until I saw the pricetag...

I get the feeling DBG doesn't want my money!
    • Up x 1