4 YEARS OF PLANETSIDE 2 RUINS EVERY OTHER FPS FOR ME

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LUCAGRABACR, Nov 26, 2017.

1. LUCAGRABACR

PLANETSIDE 2 MAKES EVERY OTHER FPS FEEL SHALLOW, CHILD'S PLAY. They might be good games, But people PLAY in them, they don't FIGHT like we do on Auraxis

In other games, people play for fun, victory, bragging rights, in Auraxis, WE STRUGGLE FOR GLORY. FOR THE PRIDE OF OUR FACTION AND OUR EXISTENTIAL THIRST AS A SOLDIER

DO YOU THINK IT'S FUN AND GIGGLES THAT DRIVE WAVES OF SOLDIERS STRAIGHT TO SWARM OF ENEMIES AND PILLARS OF ENEMY FIRE?

Every soldier on Auraxis know that It's the boiling point of battles, the moment where something in their head clicks and they transform from a soldier with their own personal interests INTO THE MANIFESTATION OF THEIR FACTION'S SHEER WILL FOR VICTORY

When that happens, they are no longer people fighting against people, YOU CAN FEEL IT IN BATTLES, WHEN YOUR ENEMIES ARE NO LONGER THE PEOPLE YOU WERE FIGHTING MOMENTS AGO, they have became something else.

Why do these people keep pushing? Wasn't that trench filled with my teammates just a minute ago? THE LINE OF BATTLE IS MOVING, YOU CAN FEEL IT, THEY ARE COMING, BUT SO ARE YOU, YOU'RE GONNA FIGHT BACK AND YOU KNOW IT'S GONNA BE CLOSE

THAT'S WHY WE KEEP FIGHTING AND STRUGGLING, NOTHING ELSE COMES CLOSE TO THE PRIDE AND BORDERLINE MADNESS BEING A SOLDIER ON AURAXIS GIVES YOU, NOTHING

The ins and outs of the battle, we see through the chaos, we know where we belong in the mids of the battle and confusion, the clarity of sight despite each and every one of our senses telling us otherwise, we're one with Auraxis, this is where we belong, mother Auraxis blesses us with its loving care as we scorn its face with fire and fury, this is where we belong.
    • Up x 6
  2. M1kst3r1

Since I'm just a cog in The Machine... (continued on redditside)
    • Up x 1
  3. adamts01

Meh. Mostly 10:1 fights where you either have no chance of winning or no chance of losing. Zergs and redeploy-side for the win.
  4. EinPixel

Well played IF the 4rd Color in FACTION was intended... But in that case the color of I should be grey or brown... or any other dirty-looking color...
  5. EinPixel

Happens, but not only, maybe we are playing on different servers at different time, but I see lots of great fights in any possible constellation.
    • Like loosing an outpost to a nummerical superiority but comming back in last 20 seconds and pushing the assault back.
    • Like having prolonged fights with big armies alongside with flanking assaults ambushes and a width frontline
    • Like attacking an Outpost with 2:1 ratio and absolutely no problems... untill an enemy outfit dropps from a whale and destructs us in matter of seconds
    • But also fights where we defend with little to no chance against the attacker for 10 minutes with controlled pushes agains the capture poins winning some time, beeing whiped out... pushing again and again... untill some one of us manages to sneak up and destroy the sunderers...
    Sure, I'm new to PS2 and see the things bit different, but from my point of view shallow fights is not the biggest problem here. There are a lot of fun fights every eventing I play.
  6. adamts01

Connery. Asian hours. I have a character on all three factions so I can switch depending on how the battles shift. The faction being double teamed is often the best place to go, at least until everyone logs off and you drop below 20%, no good options at that point.
  7. pnkdth

Best thread on auraxis. #Higby #VanuWasRight #WrelkingBall
    • Up x 1
  8. adamts01

I think it can be saved. Critical mass made some good changes that just need to be dialled in. It's population imbalance and no way to fight back against zergs that are killing things. If those two things are ironed out I'll be a paying customer till the servers shut down, or Star Citizen is released.
  9. EinPixel

Miller, EU prime-time. So I have plenty of fights when I'm on to choose from. Most of time I try to defend in 12-24 agains 12-24 fights. And counter strike if we are successfull.
  10. Eternaloptimist

Fights on the EU servers have been great since CAI and one on Cobalt this weekend (in combination with the 2x / 4x XP I guess) was epic.......I had to leave after nearly three hours of VS and NC slugging it out across the map to try to get above the 40% control to trigger an alert without either of them managing it. Hordes of aircraft and vehicles as well as infantry at a number of large fights going on simultaneously. I even managed to get some kills with a lock-on RL!

Truly, this game can be a ball ache sometimes and the most fun I've had in a video game at other times. Not the same experience for some others on other servers or at different times, I realise that. There really should be some alternative combat venue for people stuck in VR for long periods although IDK how it would be population-balanced if the the really long waits are all for one faction due to overpop on the main continents.