4/29 MBT armor changes.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Ranik, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Ranik

The patch which hit today changed MBT armor quite a bit.

Default Dumbfire AV vs Prowler

Before / After

Rear: 2 / 3.25

Side: 5 / 6

Front 6 / 7

Rocketpods vs Rear Magrider.

Before: 9 / After: 16
    • Up x 9
  2. Ketobor

Ah, interesting. I wonder if they changed Lightning too.
  3. Skadi

Moar shots to the rear allowed?

AT LAST SOE, YOU DO IT RIGHT!
    • Up x 3
  4. Random42

Love the buff!

Now how is this going to effect C4? Still 2 or will 3 be needed?
  5. Ranik

No clue.

EDIT: it's still 2x C4
    • Up x 3
  6. IronWarrior

Where did you get this information from?
  7. Ranik

Comparing Live to the Test server.

I would have made and uploaded vids but i'm kind of busy at the moment.
  8. buff as hell irl

Three hits to the rear from the stock launcher only leaves it flaming? That seems a little much. I would have preferred much stronger front armor over much stronger rear armor.
    • Up x 3
  9. Neurotoxin

2 rockets in the rear makes all tanks way too vulnerable. Now they can take 3 and escape to repair, instead of taking 2 rockets to make a tank that requires a tech plant goes poof.

I'm glad Magriders don't pop from rocket pods as easily. It is pretty unbalanced that ESF can blast a tank in 1 quick volley, but a Walker or Ranger doesn't have the range or damage output to counter that ESF even if they see it coming. At least now the pilot has to be completely precise to get an instant kill.
    • Up x 2
  10. EliteEskimo

With these changes I can try to push up with infantry with way more time to react if I'm flanked. MBT's will slowly become tanks again if this continues wooooohoooo!:D
    • Up x 1
  11. MGAMIKA

I say it's a buff for all MBTs (mostly the vannie since it OHKs :) ) it will help with people with the low certed tanks (mostly).
  12. buff as hell irl

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm all for not getting instagibbed by God Pods, but I would have preferred better stand-off armor to this. Generally I don't die to infantry from behind unless I've drastically overextended and get flanked by a LOT of infantry, all this is going to do is allow bad tankers who camp at long range to not have to worry about getting flanked by heavies or engi turrets. I'd prefer rewarding smart use of positioning over giving bad players a big margin of error for something easy like "Don't get flanked".

The God Pod resistance buff is good and deserved, though.

Then again I tank in a Magrider with Rival 3, maybe you Vanguard/Prowler tankers who can't spin and glide around like a giant sci-fi ballerina appreciate this more, I don't know.
    • Up x 3
  13. gigastar

How does this affect MBT weapons?
  14. Ranik

Didn't have time to test that. Will have results tomorrow night.
  15. Mekhazzio

Seriously. Buffing rear armor just lets poor tank play get away with greater levels of fail, while doing nothing at all to reward proper tank play in larger battles.

Very much the wrong direction here.
    • Up x 1
  16. Ronin Oni

I don't think it will continue... I think this was a measured change.

Nevertheless, good stuff
  17. EliteEskimo

Yes either way this is good stuff, and as a front line tanker this will help be out loads. However the biggest beneficial change was the 2- 3.25 rockets to the rear, and going from 9-16 pod rockets to instagib a MBT in the rear. Tankers everywhere can rejoice at having more time to react to an imminent source of doom approaching from the rear:eek: :cool:
  18. Ronin Oni

Mostly its that rocket pod to rear nerf...

it's pretty easy to get behind a tank in an ESF after all.

As infantry or another tanker, it's usually a bit harder, and you can't escape as easily after striking.

The extra rocket to front and sides is still significant too really.
  19. EliteEskimo

It's certainly helpful, but I rarely ever die to frontal or side attacks unless it's a non rendering AV turret rocket I don't see coming. It will give tankers more breathing room for tense situations though I agree. I also agree that the rocketpod change will be the biggest help, because nothing says frustration like having your tank killed so fast that it blows up before the game realizes you pressed E to bail.:eek:
  20. Ronin Oni

I don't even really care about bailing... that's my bloody tank demmit! :p

Will be nice to not get instagibbed anymore.

Only way I could avoid it before was with a gunner who'd pay attention, and calling out "SHIELD!" when he'd see a strike coming...

obviously that only worked as NC :p

As VS I'd try and boost away, and as TR.... well I just hope I can turn fast enough to take it to the side instead lol

but unless we saw them ahead of time... once they start hitting you it's to late for anything (again... pretty much other than shield :p Magburn can save you sometimes too)