4/20 Feedback suggestions (additional needed changes)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Ranik, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Ranik

After playing the playtest for a while I came to reach a few conclusions that I've been harping out for ages really do need to come into place soon. Or else the lattice system is going to be a rough transition. Due to armor being usless in lane pushing or defending and Combat engineering being useless in defense.

A) Armor or AV needs to be completely revamped. MBT's either need to become the limited 2-3 man death machines they used to be or AV needs to get toned down heavily. - As it is currently armor cannot help in ANY significant degree in defense or offense due to paper armor and the absolute abundance of AV.

B) Combat engineering also needs to be completely revamped. It needs to change from getting a handful of kills to actually acting as a large zone deterrent.

1) Mineguard effect reduced heavily. - Currently mines and mineguard are an all or nothing affair. Instead mineguard should simply act as a defense system that reduces a far smaller amount, not something that nullifies mines almost entirely.

2) Mines should change as follows.(numbers approximate)

-Mine damage reduced to 1/2 to 2/3

-Mine cost reduced to 1/2

-Mine Deploy number limit increased to 2x-3x of current,

-Mines need to have a deploy radius large enough to prevent stacking for instant kills. But close enough that some idiot who barrels into a minefield is going to pop in about 2 seconds. (3-4 if he has mineguard.)

TL;DR Due to the lane pushing nature of the game and the need to push and defend through heavily contested areas. Armor/AV/Combat engineering all need some serious changes.

If you've got any other suggestions for changes after todays playtest. Put em up.