3D Mobility Gear Tool/Ability Slot

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by asdfPanda, May 22, 2014.

1. asdfPanda

It probably won't happen, but 3D mobility gear from Attack on Titan would be incredibly badass, and bring a new dynamic to Planetside 2, if used in conjunction with the jetpack.
    • Up x 1
  2. Iridar51

I'd settle for double speed on the jump jets.
  3. BobSanders123

Ok, if you get that, my prowler gets to transform into a giant titan robot mech that is only killable from the neck.
  4. RenegadeHelios

I'd like a "hunter" class. Only really effective in areas with many walls/objects to grapple onto. Stalker cloak, crossbow (or actual bow) or dual weild melee weapon, only one or the other.... Grapple ability allows a character to fire a hook that recharges at three seconds at max rank, pulling the character over to the object, holding them on the wall. Accuracy is limited, scoping is available however.....

Meant to be a hybrid between the infiltrator and the LA; limited to height and overall movement, and limited heavily by weapon choice, but takes maneuverability and stealth to a whole new level.

Or just do omni-gear and double blades for utter BA'ery.
  5. Pat22

Not sure the opening was the best clip to link as an example.
  6. Corezer

No.
    Re: Japanime
  7. asdfPanda

Probably not, but I want to avoid spoilers.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bankrotas

How about jetpack that launches you to the direction you're looking?
  9. Iridar51

Aye, this idea is brought up a lot.

It depends. If can still go up, then it's not so bad, but a bit too limited if horizontal only. Would also lead to shotgun abuse and latency issues. Double jet pack speed is the least game changing, and the easiest to implement.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind MAX Charge style of Jet Pack, i.e. press a button and fly very fast until fuel burns out or cancelled manually.

TBH I'd be happy with anything that gives us more speed.
  10. Regpuppy

Too much of what I call asian steampunk for a general Sci-Fi game... on the other hand, we could add more functionality/sidegrades to it's Sci-fi/realism equivalent, the jetpack, and be all the happier. :p

Also, finding one battle-heavy scene would've been better for getting your point across. Not many spoilers if you choose wisely. Luckily for you, it was a semi-popular anime.
  11. Bankrotas

I don't think that we should be able to use weapons with Burst Pack. And at the end of burst move you'd need to reequip your weapon, that should balance things a bit. Yes, it would let you "fly" in jumping very high.

But seriously, this is kinda irritating. What would make LA's more fun? Speed. What breaks the game? Speed :/
  12. Iridar51

Well, there are ways of giving us speed without giving us movement speed.

When the two-fold nerf to our mid-flight fire came out (laser sight not working in air, and can't ADS in air) I thought this was a direct nerf to Light Assault. In retrospect I realize they probably did it to reduce bunny-hopping in firefights for all classes.

However, LA as a light class with CQC weaponry, shouldn't receive these penalties. So reversing these nerfs only for Light Assaults, as well as reducing the time it takes to reacquire accuracy after landing, would go a long way to increase LAs' combat effectiveness. Could easily be a passive cert line, like triage and hacking.

EDIT: To clarify on "giving speed without giving speed". Currently, LA feels like a restricted class - has to land before opening fire, or, if he started firing before landing to pause to let the CoF recenter, Jet Packs themselves are very slow, overall feels very sludgy, drudgy, sluggy, and every other word used to describe a mating turtle.

Removing a few of these restrictions would not increase our movement speed, but still would increase the overall pace of gameplay.
    • Up x 2
  13. Corezer

so I reviewed your japanime... the gear sucks! the plot is thin and predictable while being full of loose ends, like it feels like they lost their drive in the middle.

What a God damn waste of time!

The gear did look cool tho, so I guess that can be the skin for the thruster pack idea that has been tossed around the forum God knows how many times.....
  14. Iridar51

Alert! Alert! Anime watcher detected! 23-19, 23-19!
  15. K2k4

I want this in PS2.
    • Up x 1
  16. z1967

I still don't understand how those things work. Grappling hooks shoot out of it and pull the user around? Doesn't really seem that useful in PS2, but I could be wrong.
  17. K2k4

It would be better than jump jets potentially, especially if they worked like in landmark where you could just spam it. You could use it to climb cliffs with ease, or towers, or the sides of tall structures.

You could use it to increase your movement overland by a little, you may even be able to use it to latch onto vehicles or aircraft. You could also use it to pin yourself to the ceiling, creating more interesting angles of attack. Maybe it would be a ltitle OP if you could use primary weapons with it.

Maybe if they made it like the stalker cloak did for infiltrators, a vastly more powerful utility to replace jets, but it requires you to give up your primary weapon slot.
  18. z1967

I was more or less talking about the Titan anime thing. From reading a bit more about it, apparently it has some sort of torque system that allows them to move like that. Along with a gas powered grappling hook system. Looks impractical, and probably shouldn't work IRL, but meh it's an anime.

As for the EQ grappling hook, yeah I think something like that would be cool to have. Along with maybe a jetpack that allowed wall running/climbing. Maybe two types of grappling hooks. One that has infinite uses (but maybe a cool down?) and allows you to climb about like a monkey and do stuff that way. Other hook would have limited ammo, but team mates can use it to climb/scale a wall or cross a valley. Stuff like that. Can be reloaded from ammo packs like the motion sensor. Would be an interesting game dynamic to say the least.
  19. Iridar51

They can't handle doing a reload animation right and you're talking about climbing and hooking? :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1