31/3 PTS Patch - Awesome.....

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by BrbImAFK, Apr 1, 2017.

1. BrbImAFK

I was bitterly disappointed by the implementation of the new implants system, to the point where I cancelled my subscription.

With that out of the way, I have to congratulate the devs on their latest PTS patch. I haven't really spent any time on PTS yet testing all the things, and I'm sure there'll be bugs and balancing, but the IDEAS included in the latest patch are AWESOME. Thank you devs for restoring a little of my faith in you.

Please rejig the implants system, so that I can resubscribe and continue supporting you!
  2. IrishInsanity

^ exact same feelings. I had lost all faith in the direction of the game with the new implant system. But some of these changes make up for it a bit.

This is a good change. Some bases, like tech plants or the old amp stations were too difficult to attack with the defenders putting sunderers in places that were too powerful. I do think that all nodeploy zones should get looked at for all the bases. Some of them are placed poorly, too big or too small.

This is much needed. Single light assaults or engineers can deal too much damage to a deployed sunderer. Perhaps the sunderer cloak or deploy shield should be a passive that all sunderers have by default.

I tried this on the PTS by damaging myself with grenade. It's like the point is a medic regeneration field except it heals health and shields. I think this is too powerful. It gives defenders less down time when on the point and allows them to peak corners more frequently than the attackers.

This makes attacking certain bases more annoying. The old amp station or sometimes bio labs have critical generators you have to kill. It would be a huge frustration for the attackers if these generators got repaired with nobody touching them.

Perhaps instead of rewarding a faction for locking a continent with passive perks. A faction could be rewarded with some 1 hour experience boosts or some 1 hour squad experience boosts or a implant pack instead. An issue with this though is that players may try to switch characters at the last second to the faction that is going to win to get free loot. There would probably need to be a way measure participation in a continent lock for a system like this.
  3. IrishInsanity

I like this idea. In addition to this I think it would be fun if everyone, especially new players, got the first rank of turbo boost unlocked and equip by on their flash by default.
  4. BrbImAFK

I don't think it's going to be as bad as all that. Somewhere on reddit, Wrel mentioned that it repairs 5 HP/s, and the gens have 3k HP. This means that the passive regen is going to take 10 minutes to occur. Most capture points in AMPs and TPs are, iirc, 7 minutes so you've got plenty of time to cap the base, and even lose the point for a bit before the gens will come back up.
  5. MidnightWyvern

What's wrong with the new implant system? Seems a little more similar to the original game's.
  6. BrbImAFK

Lots of things.

The new implants are P2W. They took away all our old implants that we'd earned (and some people had even bought with DBC) and gave us almost nothing in return. They've locked implants behind a MASSIVE cert wall, basically meaning that new players have to pay cash or do without. DBG have admitted that the whole new implants system is nothing more than a cash grab, which means that - instead of working (and spending the money we gave them in the past) on quality content, or fixing broken systems etc. - DBG has been spending our previous funding on making new ways to squeeze cash out of us. What's next? They'll start taking away our guns and making us RENT them back?

Check out my sig for details on the prices of the new system but, in summary, you can blow in excess of 100,000 certs or $600 and still not have gotten and upgraded all the implants, and this is supposedly just the FIRST WAVE of implants!