3 problems about PS2 gameplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brok9000, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Brok9000

First off, overall, I was impressed at launch. Yes there are a number of bugs and other issues (variosu balances ones and what not), but for a new launch it was very good.

Anyways, I'd like to see the game make it and these 3 problems seem to come up a bit that deal with overall gameplay:

#1 -> number of vehicles as well as air superiority over all. At launch there was a lot of infantry fights and I am sure the beta players in their libs and otehr aircraft loved it, heh. Anyways, everyone is catching on and I wish I had taken some SSs of the masses of tanks and air that now swarm objectives. Sometimes, more infantry gets killed by being squished than enemy gunfire. And air vehicles definitely have a decisive edge, anyone saying they don't simply wants them to stay that way. I love being a ground pounder, I did that 95% of the time in PS1, but it is so hard that I have joined the swarms of tanks. Like all have said, I can have a tank/mag or lightning out the entire time I play.

#2 -> more varied combat, objectives, ect. which should be helped by the addition of more maps. Notice, helped, not solved. I think they need to do more but I can wait on this. The continent unlocking system of PS1 was a great idea that I hope they implement well here when they add more maps.

#3 -> cheating/hacks/exploits. Exploits can slowly get fixed, and also be avoided. Aim bots and speed hackers, well, there aren't 'a ton' but there are a decent number of them and I am not sure what Sony can do. Stuff like Radar hacks give a distinct edge to players and are very hard to determine if someone is using. So why not just give everyone a client that gives us better map info? It doesn't have to be everything but right now the map is mildly useful whereas someone using radar hacks can just flank away and look like they are great. I'd rather know that someone is tactically great because that helps the community, builds rivalries and what not. F2P makes this a problem that will stay but Sony can add code to make it tougher/easier to detect and/or report (like many FPS games have).

As for people who say. "I never see hackers, or hardly ever", well, you are probably a hacker just downplaying the problem or someone in a vehicle 70%+ of the time. Hackers don't bother my tank and if you come back with replies as "I don't see them and I don't hack", well, if innocent you don't need to say anything. But cheaters forum troll 24/7 (from my experience) in all games. They want their code bought and used, its a money making business for em.
  2. Kritical

i agree on you with number 2 and number 3, i think that number 2 is a really good idea they should impliment that into the game. I like all of the vehicles on the ground though and i think its pretty balanced. I think that they should nerf the NC though they are kinda to strong (I play as VS and NC)