[Suggestion] 3 man main battle tank OPTION

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Happy Demon, May 24, 2017.

1. LordKrelas

You equate combined arms as infantry having to seek out vehicles which are superior to them in every environment but the interior of a base.

What vehicle cares about infantry, to support them?
    The only infantry, a Vehicle would ever bother to notice, that is allied, is an Engineer; And that is a barely.

And vehicleside wants infantry to always do the suicidal march towards them.
    All three sides complain.

Not really engaging since infantry rather a 50-50 chance than a 1/10 survival chance?
    Yeah it's a boring fight; Go figure, the vehicle is better against vehicles let alone infantry.
    Like, you won't get a 'more interesting' fight if infantry are truly forced to encroach on vehicles... outside of bases, which is generally an open field where it is literal suicide.

The only quick TTK on a vehicle available to infantry is the insane C-4, which needs to be placed on the hull.
    The dozen to hundreds of meters before that range, is all in favor of the faster more armored vehicle with better weapons.
    - But most vehicle weapons have equal to, or faster TTKs
    Go figure, most infantry aren't insane enough or stupid enough to fight vehicles in fights where they have barely a prayer to win.

Vehicles aren't expected to park under bridges filled with LAs, for the enjoyment of infantry.
    (As that is suicide)
    Nor should infantry be expected to engage in a near one-sided fight if it can be avoided...

You still haven't said why allied vehicles give a damn about allied infantry; Whom serve no purpose to such vehicles.
  2. Chubzdoomer

Andd... just like that, the idea was rendered terrible.

This would never work, guys.
  3. Pelojian

i equate combined arms to infantry when faced with vehicles they have to close in to engage to pull some vehicles themselves instead of almost always focusing only on infantry meatgrinder then crying for vehicle nerfs because they are too lazy to use combined arms.

when i roll around in a tank i will support friendly infantry and do stay within mutual support range so if i come under heavy fire they can support me.

the biggest problem is people with a pure infantryside mindset that never want to change their gameplay from infantry vs infantry and complain about vehicles rather then them ether using combined arms or forking out some money to buy call of duty to play that game where there isn't combined arms, just a infantry meatgrinder.
  4. LordKrelas

In order to engage vehicles with any proper chance, infantry already close the distance.
    Unless they have a massive cliff, or rock to hide behind, which is logical.
    - As vehicles they are targeting are usually doing the same.

Consider that you literally just said, that they should Pull a vehicle to engage a vehicle.

How do you support them?
    You understand how beyond literally using them as meat shields, or free repairs, you have no real motive for infantry that another vehicle couldn't do better.
    Repairs? - Repair Sunderer
    Firepower? - Any Vehicle.
    Meatshield? - Sunderer, MBT, Lightning, even a Harasser.

For the majority, there is no reason to care about any infantry beyond as a last hope.
    IE when forced to give a ****.

Who wants to engage a tank with a Rocket Launcher where every shot is a game of peek & boo?
    Let alone with the other side doing the same, but with a one-shot kill.
    Can you not see how they rather hide instead, of a battle that is basically per-determined?
    Hell, that's assuming they are Heavy or LA (at least), as the rest can pray to have C-4 where they can fist the tank..

Forcing out infantry into a place, where Vehicles can more effectively dominate them isn't combined arms.
    As the vehicles aren't at all relying on the infantry for anything specific.
    There is no flaw, weakness or similar solved by infantry for them.

While infantry are expected to rely or use vehicles.... that have no use for them for the damn majority of the time.
    Ah yes, the rare time the vehicle chooses to actually stay near infantry that aren't hiding in the best cover.
    Does the vehicle need infantry specifically? nope. Better served by another vehicle.
    Combined arms? Vehicle is needed, Vehicles needs... nothing. So nope.

The biggest problem is assuming the infantry avoiding vehicles, have a mindset about the infantry grinder.
    For every fight against infantry, they have at least decent odds.
    Against Vehicles?
    Usually screwed, reliant on vehicles whom pretty much have no motive to help infantry beyond killing things for other reasons.
    Hell, that's also assuming those infantry even have AV.

It's not the best fight at all for infantry, usually flooded with one-shot body kills, so it is avoided.
    Vehicles do the same for Tank Mines & C-4: Avoid them as much as possible, rather than dance with them.
  5. DemonicTreerat

I would settle for just being able to take control of the top gun and have my gunner handling the main weapon. Even better the option to let the gunner have control over both guns while I drive. That way I'm free to focus on evasion and not accidentally drifting my Vanguard into whatever happens to be around a corner. Or over a cliff...