3 Knife hits to kill non-heavy units???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HappyHobnob, Nov 18, 2017.

1. HappyHobnob

I dont know what is going on, i initially thought that the implant safeguard was providing passive damage reduction but its not, some people are taking 3 hits to kill with a knife and its really, really getting on my nerves because 9/10 of them manage to kill me because of that 3rd knife required to kill them, anyone know whats going on!?!?

I killed an engineer with the Slasher, he died in two hits and then later on the same engineer same place doesent die in 2 hits sprint jumps turns around and kills me.... they always live with 50-100 health.

I cant figure out whats going on and need a little help, seeing as everyone that takes 3 hits to kill dont reply or help me out D:

Thanks!
  2. strikearrow

I find knifing infils to be toxic so I certainly wouldn't help you out.
  3. Sazukata

Auxiliary Shield.
    • Up x 1
  4. HappyHobnob

Oh wow, so thats a thing...
    Thanks dude.
    • Up x 1
  5. Oleker2

Every singe player in the game gets an auxiliary shield by default. It goes on the same slot of medkits and/or C4. It provides 50 adicional shield to the player...So infiltrators get 450/500 and other classes 550/500 shield/health. The knife deals 500 flat dmg... so, any non-infiltrator infantry with the auxiliary shield will requite a 3rd hit.

Auxiliary shield ware implemented to new players stop being 1-shot head shoted by bolt-actions after a certain distance, making the new player experience less frustrating. 50 additional shield in place of medkit or c4 for a veteran is a salty trade-off most of the times.