3 Golden SMGs + 1,000SC + 7day XP Boost + 3day XP Boost = $7.50

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FnkyTwn, Jan 12, 2015.

1. FnkyTwn

I posted this in another thread, but I figured it made more sense to let everybody know cause it's a pretty amazing deal.

GamesRocket.com (I'm not affiliated with it in any way - in fact this was the first time I had even heard of the site) has a great deal right now on a 'Starter Kit' anybody can use.

-1,000 SC
    -3 Golden SMGs you get one for each faction - which is unlocked on all your characters
    -7day XP boost
    -3day XP boost - it says this one is for a friend, but I used it on myself
    ----- All for $7.50 - which is fantastic really

I had never heard of the site, but it seems to be a European version of Steam? It's based in Germany, and it's even affiliated with Steam in that you can use the same login. I ordered the kit, paid with PayPal, and got an email confirming my purchase, and then two minutes later another email which included an attached scanned image of the primary code, as well as a secondary code for the 3day XP boost. They both worked just fine and i'm more than pleased with my purchase. I got the SC and guns and boosts.

-The only hiccup I had was that PayPal didn't return me back to the GamesRocket site after I had made the purchase, which resulted in an SQL error. GamesRocket automatically (and instantly) emailed me wanting my phone number to verify it was a legit purchase, I put my phone number in and my phone rang instantly, and an automated system had me hit number "1" and that was it. I then (instantly) received another email with the working codes. - I entered in the codes via the SOE website, so I can't verify if you can input them in-game.

-I completed this process a second time for a friend (cause I have them), and everything worked properly and I got to skip the phone verify process. It helped (maybe) that I had logged into Paypal first this time? I dunno.

Pro Tip: Golden SMGs count toward your Exceptional Directives
    • Up x 4
  2. sindz

7,50 Euro for EU customers it seems, unless you VPN or something fancy- still a very good deal compared to normal prices.

Thanks for sharing
  3. Surt

Site is currently down for me...
  4. REZistance

Right on, thanks for the heads up FankyTwin :D
  5. Xind

I'm tempted...mostly because I know I want that Cyclone and 1k SC wouldn't be a problem...But I dunno...
  6. Surt

It's a good deal.
  7. penandpencilman

Payed with mastercard for 7.71 usd. Email came in 5 min and code worked after putting it in for the third time (blame SOE maintainance). happy happy :)
  8. Catalyist

Just FYI, you can get the exact same package through Amazon if you don't trust this website.
    Search for "Planetside 2". Should be one of the first results.
    Price depends on region/country and availabity.

You get the codes plus a DVD with the game (which is kinda pointless because it's a way outdated version).

Also: The golden SMGs count towards the exceptional directive since they are promotional items.
    Could be useful for someone going for the black camo.
    • Up x 1
  9. Karrick

Can u use steam wallet cash for it? Just asking because you can login thru steam
  10. RadarX

To be very clear folks this is a relic from our EU partnership and we cannot guarantee these bundles as we have no affiliation with this company. If they work? Outstanding. If they do not you will need to contact this company.
    • Up x 4
  11. doombro

I can confirm that it's at least legitimate in spirit. The code I got from them just last week or so worked 100%.
  12. FnkyTwn

It looks like you can pay for it with everything but Steam. You can use PayPal or Amazon.
    Payment Methods

It feels like i'm schilling for that website. I'm not. If I find a good deal I feel like I should share it.
    • Up x 1
  13. TraatAdmiral

I bought this bundle a couple months ago. Everything about the process and website seemed sketchy as hell until they sent me the code and it worked perfectly.
  14. Leondre

Worked for me. Thanks for the heads up.
  15. REZistance

Yeah, the website seemed sketchy to me too. I payed up for the codes but I haven't had time to redeem them yet.. hopefully they work.

Also, in case you guys hadn't seen it, PC Gamer has Anniversary Bundle codes in the January print (not digital) version of the magazine. I don't know what's in these PC Gamer Anniversary Bundles and how they compare to the $40 Anniversary Bundle SOE released... maybe RadarX can tell us the difference.
  16. St0mpy

Oh theyre back in stock, I got one of these in the autumn, no hassles at all, code came in minutes.
  17. Elrobochanco

Got this months ago from the same site, I didn't have any of the verification troubles other people had with paypal so I just got a code pretty promptly. Great deal.
  18. z1967

A PCGamer decal, a bunch of implants, and an NS-11P. That's what it says in the magazine. I still need to redeem my code when I stop being lazy.
  19. REZistance

That's it?

Meh.
  20. z1967

NS-11P is an exceptional directives weapon (you get black camo from it) and you can form the now slower dropping implants into more energy for your existing ones or new ones that you want. And you can never really have enough decals :p

All in all, I thought it was a nice deal for something that got tacked onto a product I actually wanted.