24 hours played time and...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Smatchimo, Nov 23, 2012.

1. elementHTTP

15 h 553 certs
  2. G1n

Thats pretty poor, I would be embarassed of that kd if I were you....
  3. Uben Qui

The devs have better info than this. They have extensive metrics that they watch. If anything this does them no good when compared to the data they can track. It is mainly just for us due to the limited nature and percentage of conjecture splashed around... :(
  4. Syrathin

Why would I be embarrassed? I kill more than I'm killed and still drop ammo, capture points and repair everything I come across.
    I focus on the objectives and not the KDR.
  5. CaptainRobust

Probably some 300 or so over about 8 hours-ish. I've only played sporadically since release.
  6. TerroDragon23

You will get 1 cert for 250 exp + slow passive gain + certs for Weapon medals
  7. Imij

And what, Mr. Godmode of PSide 2, is your KDR?
  8. Vicis

I got something like 18 hours and between 800-1200 certs
  9. CoreDave

Yes because we all know that a good K/D ratio means everything in a Team Objective based FPS with no tickets..... This guy could very well do more for his team than someone with 100/1 ratio. This game would be a lot better if more people where prepared to get stuck in instead of lurking around with sniper rifles to nurse their precious K/D ratios.

Anyway,

5 Hours played with my latest character (Grrrr EU Servers)
    122 Certs (the last couple of hours with a 50% boost)
    Thats 24.4 certs per hour playing as mainly Engineer and Scythe Pilot, nothing unlocked yet.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is far to high a variance in the rate different people can earn certs. Some of it is down to skill yes, but much of it is down to being in a group, being prepared to play in certain ways and yet exploiting. There should be a much more dependable base level of certs per hour and it should be much harder to earn more or less than that amount.
  10. Zaik

Time Played: 1d 7h 9m
    Total Certs: 822

A vast majority of those were spent using HA for long range stuff and Medic for close range stuff. The last 100 kills or so have been spent mostly in a MAX killing clueless people with slug ammo though. "lol just a scatmax, 20m is fine" 2 seconds later dead.

Edit: Total boost is 10%, I'm just using the Alpha Squad one.
  11. foam

BuzzCutPsycho, the famous internet tough-guy/******, so much so his outfit members are scared of him like hes Sergent Hartman from full Metal jacket, has over 5000 certs and 2 days played time.

I'm almost sure this is because he has full premium membership with boosts on, and since he is constantly zerging entire continents he gets mad XP.

imo as it stands right now unless you go Premium with boosts, don't expect to be unlocking everything you need for at least 4 weeks minimum.
  12. Smatchimo

nice job reading the thread kid. Go back to Cod now, thanks.

As for the rest actually adding to the discussion, thanks