21th century weapon

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by dreamstarnight1, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Colonelveers12

PS1 has swords, my friend there has a katana, it is amazing.
    • Up x 1
  2. libbmaster

Why just one?

They can both be used as one handed weapons, given enough upper body strength.
  3. Leftconsin

Yes... yes! And we are made of magical nanites.

As I said in another thread we can have a multiknife setup where we juggle them.

TR
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  4. Taemien

And some people Pay to have something they think looks cool. Aka the majority of the cash shop items.
  5. FunBotan

Add HF blades!!!
    [IMG]
  6. Kunavi

Sell 'em as skins for our weapons ;P Alternative models and all that. For SC... :ppp SOE you can hire me nao.
  7. UGoBoy

Looks-wise, yeah, it was a funky little brown bullpup.

Works-wise it was a glorified pistol strapped to a gimped grenade launcher.

So yeah, I used it a ton :)
  8. Silvermyst

Um. I think you might be confusing feet per second with metres per second with your handgun stats.

Here's some numbers in meters per second. They're not exact, and I put a good range of variance in because bullet velocity changes depending on the specific load and gun used, but these are fairly "standard" numbers:

Rounds commonly or "popularly" used in revolvers, automatic pistols and SMGs:

.22 LR - 370-530 m/s.
    9mm Parabellum - 360-425 m/s.
    .357 Magnum - 370-490 m/s.
    .38 Special - 205-300 m/s.
    .44 Magnum - 390-460 m/s.
    .45 ACP - 250-375 m/s.
    .50 AE - 400-470 m/s.

PDW rounds (P-90, MP7)
    5.7x28mm - 715-850 m/s.
    4.6x30mm - 600-735 m/s.

Feet per second is a very different story:

.22 LR - 1200-1750 f/s.
    9mm Parabellum - 1200-1400 f/s.
    .357 Magnum - 1200-1600 f/s.
    .38 Special - 670-980 f/s.
    .44 Magnum - 1275-1500 f/s.
    .45 ACP - 830-1225 f/s.
    .50 AE - 1305-1550 f/s.

5.7x28mm - 2350-2800 f/s.
    4.6x30mm - 2000-2410 f/s.

As you can see, feet per second stats are a lot closer to the numbers you put up. Only Planetside 2 is in meters per second.

PS: I'm not saying SOE should put in modern weapons by posting this. I actually firmly believe the opposite.
  9. Dracorean

You guys know that the TR weapon designs are more or less 200+ years old right?
  10. Kevin49704

I could get behind Maxes wielding ridiculously large claymores. That would be fun to see charging through a fight lol
  11. Thorval

Go play Cod. These guys are working in an engine that only supports a certain amount of Dakka going on at once. Even as watered down that they have it at we have the occasional "failure to register" bullet impacts and lagging issues.

Lets suggest that we actually have some futuristic weapons in game. We would probably be dealing with Bullets that kill you in one shot. With 100 round mags, absolute accuracy, laser sights that provide easy tracking / leading targets. Infrared see-through-walls goggles. You would be dead before you stepped out of the spawn room. 48+on 48+ bullet storms would be over in four seconds with 8 second re-spawn timers. Most importantly it would be no fun.

So stop trying to reference how weak the guns are in this simulation of world wide warfare. What is more important here is an AK-47 has nothing to do with this game. No modern weaponry does for that matter, it is like comparing the monetary value of monopoly paper with real world cash and how they compare with the purchasing of actual real estate. We will give you that 'Whats wrong with him' stare then go on with our lives enjoying the game.
  12. DHT#

You really need to work on your reading comprehension, or maybe your tone.
  13. MiniSentrygun

What stupid soldier would even bother to use such an ancient weapon
  14. Pelojian

I think some people don't realize in these threads, nanites. if they can make anything from raw materials why not Planetside era guns designed to look from the exterior like 21st century weapons?
  15. Thorval

Nope, Understand fine. You want current day weapons. This isn't a 'current day weapon' game. CoD, Battlefield, Black ops. Those have nothing but current weapons, copies of real weapons and people die to two or three bullets. If all you want is the model, (And remember that the developers want to keep things going in game that are believable for Auraxis gen weaponry) Then say so instead of talking about nonsense like how video game weapons compare to real world weapons.
  16. DHT#

No, you don't understand fine. The entire reason I said "They sacrifice a lot for gameplay" was because I know full well that "realistic" guns wouldn't be fun to play with at all. Go read my original post and see if I ever recommended or suggest they implement those values. You won't find it anywhere.
  17. MrNature72

Don't make fun of my lithp.
  18. Kirppu1

the game is set to a scenario where highly advanced humanity in far future +500 years has found another planet that can support life...
    People want still Battlefield guns and weapons from current time and from both WW's

While i want guns that are working like ours but i still want guns that feel like very advanced ones.

If you want BF, go play BF, if you want WW2 go play Rising storm
  19. Lightwolf

You know, it seems to me that everyone forgets things about the whole 'realism' argument.
    We're on freaking Auraxis. How would anyone know how atmospherics would affect ballistics here. For that matter, what's the local gravity? What we do know is that an Auraxian meter is twice an earth meter (if we assume soldiers are six feet tall). We also know that it takes three chem-rail accelerated 7.62 railgun slugs to simply get through a soldier's personal shield, even point blank.
    I just figure armor is a little ahead of arms here.
  20. Flea6.8

Finally someone understands the difference between feet per second and meters per second.

Now if only we could get people to understand that suppressors don't decrease bullet velocity. Suppressors actually increase, yes increase, the velocity of bullets.