21th century weapon

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by dreamstarnight1, Jun 23, 2014.

1. KendoPS1

Forget 21th century, I wanna go medieval on their *****. Horses and broadswords, *******. Also, siege weapons !

for realsies , for now all I want is for the Vulcan to actually kinda be like what a vehicle mounted chaingun would be like. Not this useless pos with the ammo capacity of a SMG and the cof bloom of a old man's ejaculation
    • Up x 1
  2. Taemien

That's not true.

For example, the US Army uses M16s manufactured by Colt. It was developed by Armalite. And I own one made by Stag Arms. Explain that one? Not to mention the countless games that have such weapons in them already.

Though the idea of getting 'NS' weapons modeled after historic weapons would be interesting. Perhaps a 4th of July event (would be too soon to get it this year) where we have access to a few historic weapons such as the Springfield 03, Garand, M14, M16, and M4. Heck you could almost do a whole lineup adding the M1911 and M60 in there.
  3. Pelojian

Well why don't they just add reskin&remodeled cosmetics for guns purchaseable with certs, gun companies wouldn't have any case to ask for a piece of the pie and the reskins could be based on a comparison of PS2 gun performance to the reskin's RL performance.
  4. Taemien

I don't see anything wrong with that. It might make NS weapons more appealing. Right now they are rather bland looking.
  5. MrNature72

Honestly it bugs me that anyone would want this. It's uncreative and boring, to be frank.
    • Up x 2
  6. Silver Fox

You own an M16? :eek: Are you an FFL dealer?

The M16 is classified as such because of the trigger group, and afaik is property of Colt. What you own is an AR-15 variant, which is an Armalite clone. Not the same thing.

Also, game developers have to make an agreement with weapons manufacturers to use their material. It doesn't always work out. That's why you end up with weapons like the ACR being called the ACW-R in Battlefield.
  7. KendoPS1

it's the other way around, Colt purchased the rights from ArmaLite. The M16 is a variant of the AR-15
  8. Iridar51

To be honest, most modern weapons look like either AK or M16, and seeing them everywhere all the time gets old quick. Wouldn't want to see them in PS2 either. More sensible weapon design - sure, but not like this.
    • Up x 2
  9. Silver Fox

True, but doesn't really matter. The M16 and M4 are what they are because of the trigger group, which is a BATF controlled item. Only LE/Military/specially licensed FFL dealers/ranges can have them. Everything else is an AR-15 variant.

My Army-issued rifle was an M4. My personal rifle is a Rock River Arms AR-15. They may look almost identical, but they are not the same.
  10. Taemien

No one's suggesting that these weapon designs replace anything. Just a cosmetic option like gold or black NS weapons. At 1000SC a piece they would be quite rare.

The lower receiver parts are not something we need to worry about in PS2 since we're using mouse clicks, not trigger squeezes :p so no worries about breaking copyrights, trademarks, or patents. Some weapon designs and names are copyrighted though. But the AR15/M16, and other US/Nato weapons are not.
  11. DK22

I want that thing in the Tech plant, how many certs will that cost me?
    • Up x 1
  12. Silver Fox

To me, if you want 20th/early 21st century weapons, go play a 20th/early 21st century themed game. If you want WW2, play a WW2 game. If you want our modern day, play BF or CoD. This is a game set far in the future. This would be akin to seeing an AK-47 in the Star Wars movies.

Honestly this reeks of a C or D grade Sci-Fi flick.

Edit: Although to be fair, the gritty futuristic feel of this game has already been pretty severely stripped away by heart camo/cupid's bow, halloween and clown car horns, Freddy masks, and various pink and gold monstrosities.
    • Up x 1
  13. Iridar51

B-b-b-but Han Solo's blaster is Mauzer pistol!
  14. RawLucidity

"21th"
    • Up x 3
  15. Silver Fox

Lol a Mauser that wan't supposed to be a Mauser though. :p
  16. Taemien

If SOE had those games, I'd play them. I have money and they want money. So its a win win situation. What harm is it to you? I'll challenge you to look at your killboard, sort it by deaths and tell me how many gold or black NS weapons you've been killed by. I can't imagine that your immersion would be destroyed by 1000SC weapons.

Let the whales have their fun. It gets the game more funding that way.
  17. Iridar51

True. I wonder if blaster rifles stormtroopers use are made out of L34 Sterlings, or are they custom made for the film.
  18. Silver Fox

Lol I'll support this the day they announce a feature that will allow a player to see other players as the stock character models only. Until then, sorry, I will not endorse any more immersion-breaking features. If it's futuristic and fits the lore, I'm all for it. If it's not, keep it out of the game.

Some people play this game because it doesn't look like CoD or Battlefield.
    • Up x 1
  19. Silver Fox

20. Iridar51