21th century weapon

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by dreamstarnight1, Jun 23, 2014.

1. dreamstarnight1

We all know that the AK was developed in the 1940s and till today after 50 years later, it is still use by many countries. What do you think if Nanite System imported our current era weapon such as SAR-21, M4A1 (BF4) P90, MP7, AWP (CS GO) to planetside 2? Good idea yes??
  2. Leftconsin

I could go for a P90. Or a really big sword.
    • Up x 1
  3. Paragon Exile

In fact OP, that would be the worst idea ever.

"The Vanu are shooting frickin' laser beams at us! :eek: "

"The NC are shooting frickin' Gauss weapons at us! :eek:"

"GET US ANCIENT WEAPONRY THAT PALES IN COMPARISON TO OUR OWN, STAT"

For comparison, it would be like going up the the modern US military and telling them it would be a good idea to use crossbows and scimitars instead of rifles.
    • Up x 6
  4. dreamstarnight1

There would be balance! I still think it a good idea. it add more diversity!!! Using ak47 or m16 or m249 machine gun just like in the movies to frag many vanu and nc. Since it is nanite system, it is available to everyone.
  5. Paragon Exile

OP, answer this question honestly.
    Are you trolling me?
    • Up x 4
  6. vsae

I request M1 GARAND.
    And please make it OP
    • Up x 6
  7. dreamstarnight1

Sorry to disappoint you, but i dont gain any reward from trolling you. I am only suggesting what I think is a good idea. From your argument, it is valid that using bullet vs gauss weapon and energy weapon is like using sword and bow against modern weapon. But this game is not 100% about realism is it? It is about the FUN factor. This game is not about 100% realism but it is about having fun.

Besides, from your agrument, since energy base weapon is clearly more high tech than all other current weapon in game, why doesnt the TR and NC adopt energy base weapon instead of still using projectile base weapon?
    • Up x 1
  8. dreamstarnight1

I think the sword is coming soon. I heard meelee weapon is gonna change. We are able to brandish our meelee weapon soon
  9. vsae

BTW: Futuristic AK? Look up at MSW-R
    • Up x 1
  10. Paragon Exile

The TR and NC see the Vanu's technology as dangerous.

TR and NC weapons are still much more advanced and reliable than modern weapons. Every single infantry NC weapon uses technology that only the bleeding-edge of modern forces use in very circumstantial functions and to limited effect. The TR's guns are also likely much better than our own, in that they are capable of successfully doing battle with that sort of thing.

Also, the Vanu weapons in the lore are vastly superior to the ones in-game; they are only as strong as the other faction's weapons because of the need for balance.
  11. dreamstarnight1

There, you mentioned the need for balance so that the vanu weapon (energy base) are on par with the tr and nc (projectile base). Similarly, modern weapon such as m1a1 and m249, p90, mp7 can also be "balance" such that it is on far with the futuristic weapon of planetside 2. Besides having modern day weapon add more diversity and fun factor doesnt it?
  12. Paragon Exile

I understand what you mean, but seeing as they are actual weapons that are in use today, while the ones currently in-game are totally fictional, any alterations of their power would be pretty pronounced.

I'll have to disagree. Planetside is a futuristic massive shooter, modern weapons and other contemporary things really have no place here. Leave them for Battlefield and the like.
    • Up x 5
  13. DHT#

Except no. Sad thing: The vast majority of modern weapons beat the ever loving crap out of Planetside weapons. Muzzle velocities of 550 m/s? Yeah right. Most handguns break 1000, and that's not counting hypervelocity stuff, some of which easily breaks 3k. The machine guns are very pale imitations of modern guns. And let's not get into bunker busters or other bombs we have. There's a lot of "realism" left behind for the sake of reasonable gameplay.

Hell, if you want to be at PS2's level of weapons technology, you'd have to go back to WW1.
    • Up x 1
  14. Paragon Exile

All the weapons in the game are scaled back for gameplay. The weapons in the lore are leaps and bounds ahead of our own, especially the Vanu ones.
  15. doombro

Wouldn't work. They would completely outclass the weapons currently in the game. :rolleyes:

However, they really should take a hint from modern firearm variety. Currently, TR gets some weird rectangular thing for all of their weapons. NC gets an ACR for all of their weapons with slight modifications per weapon, and VS gets a 6 sided space brick for all of their weapons (with slight modifications, as usual.) What we have in PS2's weapons at the moment are variations of the same weapon, not different weapons. The game needs to get out of this mentality that changing the stock and the grip on a gun makes it a whole new weapon.

Hard Mode: Give the players freedom of customization in regards to weapon cosmetics, ala Blacklight Retribution (without the stat changing parts). For example, let me buy a skeleton stock (for say, 25-50 SC) for my bolt action rifles that I could attach to my TSAR-42/SR-7/etc if I so wished.

Still waiting on those bullpups.
  16. Tommyp2006

Isn't that pretty much exactly how TR weapons already are? Seems to be working just fine for us.
    • Up x 2
  17. Maljas23

Wouldn't mind a TR "Nantified" AK, though the MSW-R kinda looks like one... kinda..
    • Up x 1
  18. DrPapaPenguin

Well, I wouldn't mind a musket :D
  19. ValorousBob

Well a 9mm would probably out-DPS my Beamer, so sure I like this idea.

Yeah, having crossbows in a setting like this would be totally ridiculous! Right guys?

Oh wait.
    • Up x 1
  20. Paragon Exile

Wow

My argument just sort of crumbled didn't it? lol
    • Up x 1