2 Things I personaly hate in this game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tovarisch Maxim, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Tovarisch Maxim

Those are 2 perosnal things I hate in the game:

bad netcode - almost everytime I shoot someone, they end up being bullet sponges, and manage to run away, comes the second one, you're dead.

Snipers - They're god awfull annoying, the 1-shot kill snipers in the head makes them literaly the troll class. No matter if I move fast, try to dodge or shoot that sniper, the sniper still lands a headshot on me no matter what, I really dont know from where the snipers get those ultra-MLG sniper quickscoping/aiming skills, I dont know about you, but It's annoying.
  2. Prudentia

let me introduce you to my friends:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 8
  3. Tovarisch Maxim

I'm not sure if you're that stupid or on purposely decided to skip this part for the sake of trolling:

Or maybe I'm stupid enough to not get what youre trying to message to me with that Image.
  4. Icehole1999

I play Infiltrator just to be a dick. I’ll EMP your deployables. I’ll knife you and end your killstreak. I’ll sit on a hill 350m away and one shot you and laugh when you come right back to the same vehicle terminal and I do it again.

My absolute favorite thing to do as an Infiltrator is to stick my rifle so that it clips into your head when I shoot you. Be discouraged because there is really nothing you can do about it. If an Infi with a BASR gets the drop on you in close quarters you are going to die, even if you manage to react a dude in pajamas with a 550mps rifle is going to ruin your day.
  5. JibbaJabba

Want to know the most annoying thing to do to a sniper?

Leave. Drive off and wave.
    • Up x 2
  6. Oleker2

The game was a dubious netcode + ALOT and I really mean ALOT of players playing on the same map, sometimes in the same general area. So, always play like you are seeing the past...

The is a good 0.5 to a full second of delay between you and the other player. Sometimes when you start to get shot on your screen, you are already dead on the other player's screen. Dying around corners and behind cover in also normal. Over time you learn to adapt/compensate for that. That's why "alpha damage" is so important in Planetside2. Headshots deal double damage as well, so if you don't headshot often consider yourself below in the food chain.

All new players get an auxiliary shield on the same slot as media kits, c4 and/or tank mines. That shield gives you 50+ shield, designed specifically to resist OHK from bolt actions. But a skilled sniper will have to problem in landing a body follow-up to secure the kill.

I get annoyed when I got headshoted while airborne with my LA, but that is a different case.
  7. Demigan

Knowing how the game works is key here.

The game runs a latency system which uses client-side hit detection (IE if the one shooting hits you on his screen, it's a hit, rather than if he hits you on your screen). This is good, as otherwise you would always have to shoot at where your enemy is, rather than where you are seeing him on your screen. And a latency of even 0,3 seconds is a world of difference in where you can be. So as Oleker2 said you can be dead on your opponents screen while you are still alive, and if you duck behind cover it takes a fraction of a seconds before you dive to cover on your opponents screen, giving him a bit extra time to kill you. Vice versa if you jump out of cover it takes a fraction longer before he sees you. This system is a necessity to allow for the 100vs100vs100 player matches this game is capable off.
    The problem you are seeing is that when you die "quickly" on your screen, your opponent is actually firing just as many shots as you are and thinking "damn that guy is a bullet sponge!", but as your packets arrive at the server and are send on it looks like your opponent kills you much faster, giving you that "omg I got killed almost instantly" experience. But make no mistake: That opponent thinks the exact same as you, and he needs the same effort to kill you as you do to kill him.

Except ofcourse that you get killed by snipers easily, which would indicate that the effort to kill you is much easier because you are doing something wrong. I'm a dedicated LA player, and I'm constantly up on roofs without any cover from snipers. How dangerous are those snipers? I can mostly ignore them. Just keep moving. If you get shot anyway, you are being extremely predictable or have a teeny tiny range of movement. If you get OHK'd anyway, you are barely moving at all, because that happens ever so rarely. There's also the possibility of simply killing the snipers right back. It doesn't take rocket science to figure out a route to whoever is sniping you and sticking a weapon so far up their butt that they complain about the barrel getting stuck in their throat. Especially as an LA it becomes a piece of cake as long as you keep moving.
    • Up x 2
  8. frozen north

As someone who plays infiltrator with decent regularity (if i'm not medic or engi, i'm usually infill), I will give you a quick piece of advise. Don't stop moving, and don't move in straight lines, ever. At normal sniper ranges, the simple act of pressing the mythical shift key and pressing A and D once in a while will make you almost completely immune to headshots. The few times they do actually hit will usually be because you either got team sniped, or you ate a bullet for someone else.

Plus, LA with the right jets are able to just press space to achieve warp speed as they head for cover.

And if nothing else works, at least the objectives are indoors, where you can't really get sniped anyways.
    • Up x 1
  9. new_ac

nah....I put down players like you constantly.... infils are very vulnerable against...infils (against ones with at least some experience), of even average skill. :p
    Of course, I can be fragged by another good infil (or if the infil troll wants revenge and gets lucky) if I get distracted or sth (otherwise he'll have a really hard time to have even a slight notion of where I am, even being very close, even if has a flashlight). Or someone with flashlight in the case that I'm playing a bit loosely. No, infils are far from invincible, and the trolls hiding camping near the vehicle terminal (i don't do that, imo, too lame), are often sure certs for experienced players....Even non infil ones.
  10. JibbaJabba

I also like reminding infiltrators the Gauss SAW has perfect accuracy on it's first shot. Sometimes they forget.
    • Up x 1
  11. Halkesh

Sniper have a x2.1 headshot multiplier and excluding the railjack, they deal from 650 to 700 damage : the only time auxiliary shield allow you to survive a sniper headshot is when you use the medic implant rank 5 or engineer implant rank 4/5.
  12. frozen north

I am very aware of this, in large part cause I too know how to counter opposing infills.