2 different weapons?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by ListenTourBalls, May 24, 2017.

1. ListenTourBalls

Anyone else like using two different weapons with the max? I haven't had a chance to unlock much yet but I like the versatility and find that rocket launchers push opponents well and the other hand finishes off any who try to close.
  2. LordKrelas

Well, for which role?
    As yeah, Dual rockets often work but usually have a slower reload.
    The reason behind identical weapons, is to double-up on the strengths.

By default, every Max has unmatched weaponry (no set of arm guns) which while isn't that inferior depending on role, it's not always ideal.

Rocket & AI can work wonders. (Unmatched)
    Just not all that effective compared to the efficiency in a more singular role using matched weapons.
  3. Iridar51

It's usually a bad idea. Bursters already barely tickle the aircraft. Anti-infantry MAX guns are balanced around using two of them, and usually have combined DPS of 1600-2000, which is in line with most infantry primaries. A single MAX gun will take disproportianately long time to kill infantry.

Of course, there are exceptions to this. MAX shotgun arm should still be very powerful even if it's only one of them, and Falcon can be used against infantry as well, though it would make more sense to just go dual Falcons so you can deal more damage to vehicles and oneshot infantry if both rockets hit. Or you could go with shotgun + Raven arm and plink at vehicles / turrets from safe ranges, while still retaining some anti infantry capability.

Personally, lately I've been running around with dual basilisk, and they had mostly satisfactory performance against all targets, though this is better for TR MAX who can lockdown against aircraft.
  4. Erendil

I use 1 Comet AV arm along with 1 Cosmos/Blueshift AI arm when indoors.

The Comet arm lets me take out enemy MAXes faster than dual AI arms would, and if I hit an infantry soldier with the Comet, they go down really fast. But the Cosmos/Blueshift arm is still accurate enough on its own to take out even dodging infantry if I miss w/ the Comet.

The only real difficulty is getting used to the different muzzle velocities of the two weapons outside of CQC
  5. Pikachu

AV weapons might be good but AI weapons are balanced around dual use so they are weak. :L
  6. ZDarkShadowsZ

On my NC character I often use the default scattercannon coupled with a mattock. One has more damage and the other has more range. For me personally with the way I play it works quite well. For VS I almost never play MAX so only have the default weapons, but for TR I tend to use 2 airbursters or 2 mutilators. In terms of chainguns mixing them up a bit for me isn't too bad, but there's nothing worse than seeing a MAX with 1 fracture and 1 burster given the fact they both have completely opposite intended roles.