2 Boosters Simultaneously

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Nov 20, 2015.

1. PasitheeVS

When I saw this my first thought was: WTF what is that?
    My second thought was: cool!
    My third thought was: oh no *** no

Two Boosters at the same time, we now have to buy two XP Boosters too keep up with the others.
    My bank account doesn't like that.
    And it was totally random that it was implemented during the 3rd Aniversary Pack Sales?
    You evil geniuses, what have you done?!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. Liewec123

keep up with what? most people still playing will have the majority of what they want unlocked already,
    so xp really means nothing.
    2 resource boosters could be interesting however. (if 2 resources is actually a thing and you're not trolling :p)
    • Up x 1
  3. FieldMarshall

What?
  4. Moridin6

there is indeed two boost slots now
  5. FLHuk

I got free boosters I've not used.... Why must you run with MORE?

So the score per tick makes you look better than you are? ;)
  6. Taemien

This change is actually quite nice for Alpha Squad members making new characters. I can use my AS boost with a heroic. Today is also double exp, and I traded for a Krono on EQ2.

Alpha Squad (PS2 founders pack awards a heroic boost to every character) +50%
    Heroic Boost +50%
    Membership (from Krono) +50%
    Double Exp +100%
    Play Underpopped Faction +50% (up to)

+300% exp. Basically Quadruple exp over everyone else. When the servers come back up, gonna see if I can get 2k certs today. Been able to get 1300ish before the new boost slot.

Boosts don't affect this.
  7. PasitheeVS

You forgot a possible alert bonus: 30% and Bonuses from other Squad memebers...
    Also you get 55% (not 50) for your own Heroic Boost and 3% from your membership (when you're in a squad)

More important, double XP weekends don't give 100%, they double your XP, no matter how much your bonus is (if this hasn't been changed) so when you have +200%, you get:

(100% + 200%) * 2 = 600%

Today I got 460 certs in my first 22 Minutes in an Indar. I had like +200% and was driving Magrider below Andvari Biolab we defended against the TR in the last minutes of the Alert...
    might save me a lot of useful time for RL in the future...
  8. Taemien

Interesting.. I was basing my double weekend bonus off of how they did it in EQ2. They used to double everything, and then later made it a +100% bonus.

Doubling everything is pretty damn sexy.