2.02 Update Discussion

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Iridar51

Changelog
    Soo, what are your impressions so far?
    I know I'll buy the SMG first thing in :D

I think it's a great step forward, so many issues are addressed in this update, all at the same time. It's like a whole new expansion!
  2. Iridar51

First impressions: SMG is okay-ish, got lots of unlockables, but still, basically worse carbine. At least until we know stats, but I doubt it does more dps.
    Armstice is ugly. (aesthetically)

Also, problem of vehicles obliterating infantry in large battles hasn't gone away, so if you don't have it yet, but grounder instead =\

SMG is better for CQC for infiltrator than full auto scout rifle, but still, not enough. The only reasons I would play infil instead of LA for covert ops inside enemy bases is because of cloak (which is bad) and claymores. Claymores are essentially worse C4, because it doesn't damage vehicles.
  3. Chemicalnurd

Everything's awesome apart from the 50% frame drop and hitching. So much for optimizations! But I hear they're working on a hotfix as we speak so I'm not too fussed about that. Otherwise:
    • New spawn rooms absolutely rock
    • Tunnels aren't really what I was expecting or hoping for, but they're not worse either so I can cope. Certainly helps with regards to the camping. They don't look very finished though.
    • SMG handles BEAUTIFULLY, I only got one kill with it because the front line is really screwed at the moment (probably due to the warpgate rotation). I'll be buying one ASAP. Ours looks sexy too, it's nice to see some new animations what with the bit on the front opening up when you reload and as you fire 'n' stuff.
    • It's great to have the best warpgate on indar now in terms of being in the most interesting looking area. So glad we didn't get moved into the north...
    • Despite the SMG, I still do not see any reason to infiltrate using the infiltrator as opposed to the light assault (Cloak needs fixing. That will be the best change to the infiltrator.).
    All in all a great step forward but I wont be really enjoying it until the new hitching and lower framerate issues are sorted.
  4. Iridar51

SMG has very high recoil compared to, say, Lynx.
    I guess that's one way of reducing DPS at distance.
  5. Chemicalnurd

That's odd. The Vanu SMG has almost no recoil compared to our other guns (which have much more recoil than everyone seems to think they do, especially horizontally.)
  6. ottomanhero

Even if they are preparing a hotfix it wouldn't improve fps any better than before game update 2 and thats not enough for most users, since most of the players prefer this game to other FPS games due to large scale battles, which is too laggy for most of ppl playing planetside 2, i noticed most ppl fail at aiming when they are in large scale battles, probably cause of FPS, im not getting the best FPS in large scale battles, hotfix would only fix any FPS bugs caused by new UI or sound optimizations or any other features, i was hoping i could play planetside 2 without any lag issues after this patch, i was totally wrong
  7. Gruntilda

SMGs are terrible, and with all the new crap they have sticking out everywhere in bases on top of the small windows you might as well just kiss being a useful roof monkey goodbye.
  8. Navoletti

the bug of nothing exp for the cert of proximity repair system woek now?is fixed?

please respond i only see in the noted the fixed of the cert dispenser ammo but they no coments of proximity repair system
  9. Jac70

When you [Q] a friendly you don't get their name anymore, which is the only reason I used it before as they HUD names are too small to read on my HD display.

Overall seems less fluid, hard to explain but maybe because I is drunk!
    • Up x 1
  10. Radec594

The new color system is a pain, I'm really hoping on SOE to give us a setting to go back to the old one, this one just confuses the crap out of me.

As for the fluidity, yes, it's impaired. Higby even made an announcement about it through in-game broadcast; the game gave me an headache in the first 10 minutes.
    • Up x 1
  11. Arcanum

What's the cost of SMGs? How does the spot cooldown work? Did Prowlers become OP?
  12. Gruntilda

SMGs are 700 smedsheckles or 1k certs, and prowlers are the current gods of the battlefield
    • Up x 1
  13. Arcanum

Well in preparation for the coming nerf I say we start asking for extra top speed/acceleration and stabilization or double shot.
  14. Ayre

Shotguns got a fairly substantial buff to their accuracy and range. I'm somewhat enjoying my SMG but its probably going to be an infiltrator only thing. Going to keep using it on my LA for a while though.

• Lowered vertical recoil, from 1.75 to 1.5 per shot.
    • Reduced accuracy loss per shot, from 1.0 to 0.5.
    • Increased damage falloff range. Damage used to start scaling at 5m and end at 15m. Now it starts at 8m and ends at 20m.
    That accuracy is nutty and it starts scaling 15 feet further than before. Shotgun LA is even better now.
  15. SecularPope

Actually I think the TR SMG is by far the best option LA has at the moment. It's recoil is balanced and very easily controlled and it absolutely shreds people. The only question is whether to take extended mag and get an extra kill per clip, or the advanced laser sight.
  16. asdfPanda

Unfortunately you can't jump through some windows anymore, but everything else is fine, other than the massive frame drops.
  17. Eclipson

Yea, before the frame rate took a dump today, I got an SMG, and I completely dominated with my light assault class. I dont see why people are complaining about it, I love it. Guess its a matter of opinion. I personally love the get up close and personal, and not hide behind a rock and shoot people, so this weapon is really fun for me.
  18. Ghoest

Its not a 'worse carbine"
    Its far and away the best hip fire choice in the game now(besides a shotgun.)
  19. Flying Mug

Tried going from JJ2 to JJ3, no improvement that I could see. No stealth fix for Jump Jets.
  20. Skadi

Annihilators missile pathing got changed...