[Vehicle] 180 ESF turn

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Atorum, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Atorum

As the name of the title says, is instant 180 degree turn at full speed a cheat or something doable?
  2. Cz4rMike

video? specifics?
  3. FateJH

Clientside willing, you can pull off a reverse maneuver and your enemies will only get two packet updates - you looking away from them, and you looking at them.
  4. Jawarisin

Yeah but with the time in between those two, it would make it extremely obvious, there would probably be some teleporting etc going on, the kind you'd expect from a spiker.
  5. Atorum

I somehow doubt that its the client server issue, we are talking about full speed ESF making an instant/blink of an eye 180 turn.
    Try flying in a straight line at full speed and see how much time does it take for a full stop let alone being able to stop exhaust so they point at the ground.
    I still believe its some sort of a cheat or a flight joystick effect (dont know tbh, just trying to figure it out).
  6. zaspacer

Only time I've done an ~instant 180 was when I clipped something and didn't explode, and the collision turned me almost instantly.
  7. DashRendar

I literally don't even accidentally my nan m8 who I am what even is 1.21 jiggawhats the whole thing not even once.
    • Up x 2
  8. Kaindestroi

there are some tricks to do a very fast 180 turn, but i would not say its instant. i guess i would need at least 2 seconds to pull a 180 as fast as i could.
  9. Mythologicus

Hit a pole with your tail.
    • Up x 1
  10. NoobStylerIGERI

Nö is easy to use,

Just push analog trottle, in the Same Time make a half roll. That Ur underside is up,
    Than take Ur mouse vull back. That Ur nose go up,
    If u See That Ur burner move down, push at 50% Afterburner or 60%

If u Train That u will See u make Ur move in littel Bit more than 1 sek

Is the fastet Way to go in Hoover Mode from vull speed
  11. current1y

No instant 180's are not possible. It will also sometimes make them stop mid air and start again and if their uplink is slow you'll see them do very smooth turns but act way more maneuverable then is possible. All of this is very likely due to lag. I am saying its lag over a cheat because 99% of the pilots who do crazy **** in the air like that are typically flailing around not doing any damage or even firing back.
  12. Trebb

Yesterday, a Scythe crashed into my GAL, and no exaggeration I spun around 10+ times in 5 seconds, it was the weirdest thing, and made my passengers puke.
  13. Kazrak

I've seen some strange flight mechanics in the last months like scyths flying backwards fastern than i was going forward in my mossie but insta 180° turn is something i only have seen in hacker fraps footage
  14. hostilechild

Would have to see. But If they do a 180 turn they are not in the same spot they started the turn when they finish and are facing you.

Only time i have seen the Battlestar galactica insta 180 flip was a hacker that got banned and that was 2yrs ago.
  15. VulphluxTR

The fastest legit turn is to just pitch down whislst flyinv straight ( no brakes or ab required) its the only turn faster than the reverse maneuver
  16. Cz4rMike

I'm still not sure about usage of ctrl or space during pitching in rush mode. I know it changes the trajectory somehow, by all my test showed only that it adds an offset to initial position and slight speed change. Holding ctrl or space longer than for a tap didn't seem to show any special results.
  17. VulphluxTR

Bro i'm a ps4 guy so idk what those keys do specifically, if i had to guess its analog brakes or brakes or ab maybe idk.
  18. Cz4rMike

It's descend / ascend... Wait, I thought you played on PC :D...
  19. VulphluxTR

Uhh nope but ive watched good esf pilots on youtube alot so i know what im doing already.