15 minutes of the 3 new SMGs as a LA

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Craig1287, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Lakora

Too be fair the choice of scope was mostly due to me realizing that at range no matter what weapon I was using I always moved my aim a bit too much to the sides of them when ADS'ing so a greater Magnification kind of fixed this. That and having the extra magnification does help scouting out a position since with the SMGs you kind of want to be in CQC preferable so knowing if anyone is covering the angle from which you're entering can help quite a bit. But scope is a personal choice...

Just felt like mentioning it before you went out and spent 100 certs on a grip and might not notice any difference. Since recoil is more noticeable with higher magnification hence any change to the recoil is also noticeable at higher magnifications.
  2. Craig1287

Meh, 100 certs isn't too bad. I have one more 7 day boost and have the 6 month membership. When playing with my clan, I can get that pretty fast.
  3. Squirreli

I've got a fully certed Hailstorm I've been running with for some time... It is a usable weapon for sure, but I'd only use it for the infiltrator. For engineer and light assault I'll go with a Jaguar (with NV scope and advanced laser dot). With HA, it is MSW-R (with NV scope and ?advanced? laser dot). With medic I've been using NS-11 (NV scope, laser). All of those weapons (except maybe the NS-11) are better or at least comparable at close ranges and easily outrange the SMG.

I've had quite some fun with the Hailstorm on an infiltrator though (and I've never been interested in sniping so the Hailstorm actually makes the class playable for me) and it does work. I've been using advanced laser and NV scope on it (notice a pattern here?) and most of the time also a silencer and soft point ammo. The class is a bit flimsy and the Hailstorms range is bad, but you can still pull some good runs with that configuration in certain situations... And as my main use for the infiltrator is to support galaxy drops and pull out sunderers and since the Hailstorm works in this function well, I do recommend the gun for the infiltrator!
  4. Craig1287

Good man. More infiltrators should play the role how you do.