1000 certs, what to spend it on?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Asageh, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Asageh

Hey guys, I had 2000 certs, spent in on the last rank of Nanoweave, can't decide on what to spend the last 1000, I mainly play HA, Medic and Infiltrator, but knowing that the HA Shields will be nerfed soon, i want to avoid spending 1000 certs into the HA as they'll be useless after the nerf goes live. What do you guys suggest? I have been looking at the Hunter QCX, is it any good for Medic and Infiltrator?
  2. CorporalClegg

Hunter QCX is useful for a stalker infiltrator but its a polarizing weapon: some love it, some really hate it since it really punishes innacuracy. It definitely warrants a trial run first before you invest to see if you like it
  3. _itg

The Hunter QCX is great for stalker infiltrators, but not so much for medic. Its best use is the bolt+knife combo, which is a near instakill, but only at point blank range. It's also great for hunting other infiltrators, due to the OHK headshots on them.

If heavy shields are going to be nerfed soon, it's news to me. There's been plenty of complaining the last few months, but the devs haven't caved, to my knowledge. Unless there's been a comment directly from Higby or one of the devs, I wouldn't worry about it.
  4. Leftconsin

I suggest you expand your horizons and get something for a vehicle.
    Rocketpods
    Sunderer armor + bulldog-S
    thermals for the viper and a chassis upgrade or two for the lightning
    Skyguard

Go out and enjoy things other than infantry that this game has to offer.
  5. TheMish

Well if the ***** are gonna get their wish, then... lets see.

Don't get the crossbow, total garbage. I bought it with SC. My TR character has detect bolts, useless. It destroys your ability to fight, but at least you and your teammates know where the enemy is.

My VS character has explosive bolts, they're "okay" but still worthless for 90% of situations.

And I didn't upgrade my NC one, so I used regular bolts on him, still total garbage.

Horrible weapon. And rightly so, crossbows have no place in PlanetSide.

If you go Medic, I recommend a pump action shotgun, I found it useful when someone charges me and I have to stop healing/reviving. I can just fire once, or twice. And the threat is eliminated.
  6. Rabbitz

I don't recommend the Hunter CQX. While it look very adaptable, it's clunky to use and short range.
    The good thing is it can 2 shots non-nanoweave infantry with in 50m ( ..and explosive bolt damage drop off with the distant).
  7. Asageh

Sorry, i should have added the source for proof.

1h 0m 20s in.

The question orignially was asked about the Vanguard's shield, but kinda confirmed the HA shield nerf.

I've been thinking about certing up a Sundie, partcially certed into it already, also was giving the Harasser and the Vanguard some thought.
  8. AmitGr

They will most likely refund certs invested in shields in case of a significant nerf.
  9. CNR4806

If you want to farm some more certs, you might want to consider prox repair for your Sunderer. It costs 850 certs to reach rank 4 (and another 1500 to max it). It's pretty powerful already at rank 4 and you'll probably earn much of the cost back without even knowing, if you know where to go with it.

For added fun you can slap a gun of your choice on the Sundy to pass some time. The Kobalt (100 certs) in particular seems to sync quite well with the repair Sundy, giving you decent long range AI capability with zoom, as well as allowing you to shoot that C4 fairy off friendly tanks (which you'll most likely lurk amongst) without doing TK damge to them.

The flipside is that this setup will suck as AMS in contested areas, and you aren't going to be an effective battle bus. If you find logistics support boring and not worth the time, you should ignore tho post and try something else.
  10. Asageh

This sounds like a great option. Thanks for the input.