10 min + wait on Scythe with level 6 passive. wat

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vani, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Eyeklops

The ratio of infantry to force multipliers is very closely related to what the timers are set at, and resource costs. If the timers ever get removed I hope you enjoy lots, and lots of maxes.

In early beta there were no timers on max units, if you were there, think back to how much fun that was. There is almost no point in playing base infantry if everybody else is in a MAX. Every near-indoor fight was a constant roflstomp of maxes that never ended. 5 very skilled infantry guarding a capture point can kill 5 maxes the first time, maybe even the second. But how many times would you kill the same guy in a max before you go and get one yourself? Eventually you would just pull a max by default, and slowly the infantry classes would die off. Outfits would have to start drawing straws to determine who has to play infantry for capping the points.

Remove the long timer and rich empires would essentially have infinite force multipliers.
  2. Hamakua

3. vani

>4 hours
    >only 100 kills

I'd ratther play infantry than play 4 hours for 100 kills and no deaths. It's easy to survive in an ESF, it's not so easy to get a good amount of kills and survive.
    I think i'm doing it right thanks, dying to friendly drop pods happens rarely.
  4. FigM

Either way, vehicles are key to the game and there's no reason why they should be marginalized in favor of infantry focused gameplay
    • Up x 1
  5. MarkAntony

The timers are there to keep infantry from being marginalized. If all you do is fly and you are still such a bad pilot that you can't keep your vehicle alive past it's timer you are just bad.
  6. FigM

It isn't that hard to keep vehicle alive past the timer - if you choose to avoid all major fights and just hang back, watch them from a distance and hope some brave enemy tries to go behind the lines.

If you actually want to participate in major fighting, there's no way you gonna last more than 2 minutes
    • Up x 1
  7. MarkAntony

Wow I must be a way better pilot than i thought. In major fight you will only be effective against vehicles as infantry won't render. Pick a weakened target, rocketpod it,flare if getting locked and afterburner behind friendly lines. This way you'll be helping in a major fight and staying alive.
  8. BlueSkies

Put on your try hard pants and don't get blown up...
  9. vani

That's all well and good, but if there's no vehicles?
    I don't disagree with you at all but due to the render distance and the fact that i have to be in the enemies face to fight them in a paper thin ESF is almost suicide, unless you're focusing on one target it's almost impossible to get a kill.

What i try to do is find an area i know the enemy is grouping and piling on top of each other at mark it and dive bomb it from the top to make up for the lost time and kills. But always an AA max or 2 drives me away which i can never kill because there's an enginener repairing them both. Only time i can participate is when the fight is over and the enemy is spawn camped. If SOE would fix the damn render distance none of this would be a problem.
  10. MarkAntony

If there are 3 guys working together 2 of, whom are dedicated AA, to combat you then you are not supposed to be effective.
    As for the render distance: We'll just have to wait until the devs find a solution as it is out of our hands.
  11. Istrebljivach

I didntknow that timers got increased. However, that made my day if it is true. Nice work SOE.

Aircrafts are luxury, sorry, infantry is expendable good.
  12. vani

So what, i'm just supposed to toddle on off back to the warp gate and sulk in my ESF? No. That not fair. Wouldn't have this problem if the ESFs could attack infantry from range. Would be able to do that if SOe would fix render distance.
  13. MarkAntony

Yes if there are multiple guys dedicating their time to making your life in en ESF hell then you either retreat or die. pick your fights.
    • Up x 1
  14. vani

I do agree however, if a tank or anything else were in that position it would still be effective after it retreated and be able to re-engage and do so over and over again. With an ESF you can't do this, which i don't deem as fair. I think If pods had a temporary damage buff until render distance was fixed this would solve the problem personnally. *qeue the cries of OP from new people reading the post*
  15. r1stormrider

ahh another vehicle hugging VS shedding tears, ill go ahead and add them to my lunch menu today. they will quench my thirst after eating this nice spicy food.