10 min + wait on Scythe with level 6 passive. wat

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vani, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Eyeklops

2. Eyeklops

Again, vehicles are force multipliers and they HAVE to be controlled or the overall gameplay breaks down. That means only the players of a certain skill level (don't get exploded before the timer expires) get to be dedicated tankers/pilots. If you want 100% air combat go play Lock-On. Tankers, World of Tanks. Planetside 2 is a combined arms game that uses timers & resources to limit the active force multipliers, and that isn't likely to change any time soon.
    • Up x 1
  3. Eyeklops

No, it's not. It's combined arms. They want all of the units to be used, that's why they were designed and put into this game. If the game was only about vehicles don't you think you would spawn right into one, and the control points would be capturable in your tank?

The game released very, very heavily in favor of vehicles and it was ruining the gameplay, many players have left over it (performance claimed the largest chunk, but vehicle zergs pushed players away too). Realizing this the dev team has been busy creating and adjusting mechanics to balance the game. They don't want all infantry or all vehicles, but a balanced combined arms battlefield.
  4. Elack

I unlocked stuff on both the lightning and the scythe I fresh spawn a lightning some guy was coming up towards the exit ramp I'm still stuck in automatic mode it flipped my tank lol 10 minutes wait maybe I will do some scythe instead.

I spawn my scythe take some flack instantly fly to a "safe" location and go into hover mode I have about 50% health left then a friendly tank fires a shell right into me boom

Now the only 2 vehicles I have with unlocks are both on 8-10 minute cooldown due to friendly activity annoying to say the least.
  5. Oheson

Looks like somebody has a "Case of the Mondays".

6. Highfall

Why would you even want to play an ESF atm? lol. Have you played infantry lately? The XP per hour rate is insane compared to an ESF
  7. Uben Qui

Wait a minute.. by that logic we should have the timers and limit this instead of sectioning off places like biolabs that are infantry only? Or the tunnel system? We should stem vehicles so they are balanced as we currently see it, to be balanced on all fields?

I guess this my question. If you are balancing the 'force multipliers'.. is it for all places or just more vehicle centric places so that infantry can be as capable there? If that is the case, are we talking about having things like Biolabs removed so that we can see this combined arms, and 'force multiplier' play out everywhere equally, as many ask for those vehicle catering spaces. Are we talking of vehicle centric places as something LIKE biolabs where infantry is not let in?
  8. Eyeklops

Maxes are the infantry only area force multipliers and they do have timers and resource costs.
    The general game flow is that infantry and vehicles push to the base in order to deliver and defend an infantry spawn point. Infantry then combine with vehicles to take control of the courtyard. Infantry then push into the base and capture it. It doesn't always happen exactly like that, but this is the most common battleflow.
  9. Big Cyz

All your confirmation bias didn't stop you from agreeing the game favors vehicles. This is by design.
  10. Eyeklops

A design philosophy that is quickly changing to put infantry on more even ground. Noticed that?
  11. Uben Qui

So you are against infantry only areas limiting vehicles in lieu of having vehicles have their place? Or, you are for infantry having spaces that they excel in while vehicles excel in others?

Your statements are rather ambiguous.. Just trying to clarify.
  12. Big Cyz

Infantry will never be on even ground. This is a vehicle based game.
  13. Eyeklops

Your questions are rather confusing, please re-word. But BTW, I am not stating what I am in favor of, but what the current design of the game is.
  14. Eyeklops

You're trolling now. Regardless, I never said "on even ground" I said "more even ground." Those two don't mean the same thing.
    Infantry = game base, vehicles/maxes = force multipliers, one is destined to be stronger individually, but less in overall numbers than the other. That is by design.
  15. Moxin

Actually, be happy you can spawn almost whenever you want and with every "infantry class" without any restrictions. Game would be a lot more interesting if there would be limited spawn pools which get filled up after a much longer time than only six minutes, so players use the units more clever.

The faction imbalance when it comes to player numbers needs an increased spawn timer for all units, not that long of course but some seconds penalties is needed to balance things out.

Vehicles & Air dont capture buildings, Iam sure you will find a different unit which is needed on the battlefield to scucceed.
  16. ABATTLEDONKEY

Maybe i should elaborate on my thoughts/reasons.

If a player attempts to play every aspect of this game, and can honestly come to the conclusion that he only enjoys (not favors) one type of playstyle then fine. he has every right to favor one play style ( i think it limits ones scope, and ability considerably myself). My contention stems from the entitlement to those play styles. if flying a liberator was all anyone wanted to do then thats fine. but endorsing a gameplay mechanic where flying a liberator was something a player could do exclusively, is an extremely prohibiting developmental philosophy.

My reasoning is this. It is my belief that vehicles should be very powerful (force enhancers) and very difficult to take down. They should NOT be on par with regularly spawning infantry. there needs to be a division. if you give a player an ability to continually, and perpetually spawn a certain vehicle, uninhibited by resource cost or re-spawn timers, then you have efflectively given one player, and thus all players, the ability to out-class anyone who is not them selves in those, or that type of vehicle. the result is spamming, and it degrades the game to a single arms type of combat where numbers, and not quality, are the determining factor in the game. the only balance to that type of game, is to give the common infantry an ability to kill the vehicle with the same ease that the vehicle has against the infantry.

On the flip side, you could have a game in which, through a complex series of rock-paper-siccors, you can have a deep vehicle balance in which every vehicle has its place, and does its job considerably well. the balance to all of this, is that in order to gain that upperhand, or increased power, the player must first invest something, be it resources, or time. the result is that you have a dynamic game in which all players can enjoy their own type of play style, assuming that can choose their engagements correctly, and quality will be the judge of battle outcomes, and not spamming numbers of force multipliers.

The OP is complaining about his investment of time. He wishes to be able to perpetually spawn into ESF. I have no contention what so ever with that desire (aside from personally with that mentality). My problem is that if that player gets what he wants, there will be NO balance without first granting every HA the ability to kill him effectively. We cannot allow one player, or gourp of players, to be granted the ability to continually be stronger, and more powerfull than the rest of the group. you will end up squandering the group that is being farmed, and killing the game one group at a time. This is why i fight so much against the INF only crowd. they have the same entitled mentality that doesnt make any sense. My goal is, and always has been, to promote a game in which all players can play a game the way they wish, which has depth, balance, and cause. Allowing single seater ESF spam, will not get us to that goal.

I hope i explained myself well enough. Keep in mind (as i think you already know having read many of my posts) that I myself am a huge vehicle guy. I personally love flying more than anything else. Ive been doing it since BF1942. im not down on pilots, or "farmers" (i hate that term). I just want balance, and I cannot consciously object to one group of people (inf crowd) while endorsing another group pushing for the exact same cause.
    • Up x 1
  17. RobotNinja

Solution: Fly Scythe around for 10 minutes. If you died in less than 10 minutes in a Scythe and do so on a regular basis then you aren't really "playing" it.
  18. Veri

There's a lot of things someone else can do with 10 minutes besides wait for a scythe.
  19. Big Cyz

Nowhere have the devs said this. This is nonsense conjured up by the beleaguered player base who are sick of being destroyed by vehicles.
  20. Eyeklops

The developers absolutely consider vehicles & maxes force multipliers and have said so. Sorry I can't dig up a reference as it was in the beta webcasts. Although they never specifically mentioned control these force multipliers, the inclusion of timers pretty much implies they are trying to do that.