10/16 PPA Changes on Test

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n3r0k

kill the ppa... the noise omg the noise :O
  2. Cest7

COF MIN = Good.
    Direct Damage = Good

LESS COF Bloom..... IDN probably coulda left this one at .75
  3. vanu123

So much for the magriders only saving grace.
    PPA needs more killing power for the magsize.
    Vehicles as awhole need buffs.
    The magrider "aka mobility tank" should not be the slowest tank.
  4. Shaggath

Try hard vanu123.
    A jeep is not the more speedy vehicule but have great mobility when 80% of the world are hill and cracks i invite you to try a prowler or a vanguard and play that like a mag.
  5. Rikkit

in my opinion the "new" PPa is great.
    at range it hasn't changed that much.
    with tap firing you come close to the pre-change fire rate and accuracy.
    ( is it legit to call the need of tap firing a noob filter?)
    But up close, you have a greatly incresed burst potential.
    The only "nerf" is the smaler magazine size, but due to the verry fast reloadspeed, it is still ok.

Before it dosen't matter for the gunner if the target is up close or in the distance (pls don't come with low buller velocity here, it is easy to lead it even at 150m+), now the gunner have to decide, if he need to tapfire, or if the target is close enough so he could just hold the trigger...

I would bet, that even post this change we will still see a lot of PPA on certain hills, spamming the **** out of it.
  6. DatVanuMan

Bro...
    I don't have a PPA.
  7. miendude

Spent time with the PPA testing it just like how I would use it in live. Said this once, and I'll say it again. These changes don't mean anything if you DON'T LOWER THE PROJECTILE TRAVEL RANGE! What makes the PPA OP is being able to farm from LONG RANGE, and I STILL can do that by just burst firing one shot at a time and achieve close enough fire rate as the PPA had before. Now you're just giving me the option of not only unloading like crazy close range, but I can STILL BURST FIRE 1 at a time and farm long range.

Note, this is coming from a guy that Auraxium'd this weapon in 12.1 hours of overall play time with the weapon (according to Dasanfall)
    • Up x 1
  8. Strikejk

exactly what I keep saying, besides the magazine (which is still higher than the other AI weapons) and the slow velocity (equal to the other AI weapons) it got actually buffed.
    • Up x 1
  9. Longasc

Unfortunately I rather have to reinstall PS2 due to Steam somehow messing my install up (now installing without Steam) so I am afraid I won't get more testing in.

I hope this turns out well in the end.
  10. ShiroSan

Hmmm interesting.... Usually when balancing a weapon/ability you only implement a couple changes at a time and wait for more data to see if more nerfing or buffing is needed... Should hold off on at least the magazine size and let it be tested on main server for a month before deciding on so many changes.
  11. Rolins

These changes murdered the PPA. Dev team should be glued to their chairs for a week, forced to play with the new PPA as VS on the live servers, and to actually demonstrate that these changes present the player with a balanced, fun, faction specific tool. In the time it takes me to kill a target at 20m with this new PPA, accounting for time letting the cone of fire bloom to decay, my mag rider has already been hit by 3 decimator rockets from my target.
  12. Predator01cz

Vanu apologetics should be glued to their chairs for a week, forced to play against the old Magrider ZOE PPA on the live servers, and to actually demonstrate that this equipment is not completely broken and no NERF is needed. In the time it takes me to run from the spawnroom into the nearest building I've been killed 4 times by 3 PPA platforms (magriders) hovering on top of mountains 1 hex away.

QQ some more that the devs decided VS might stop being the EZ mod and their weapons might become a little bit more situational like their NC/TR counterparts
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.