10/10 balancing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Oct 2, 2021.

1. UberNoob1337101

Another day in PS2...

Jump into a Banshee mossy to left click mans, get bored and jump out of the ESF with a Light Assault.

Aerial Combatant and Ocular shield 5 with Wrelbow, instant flash grenades, drifters and Armistice.

My light assault is literally a mini Liberator that pelts the battlefield with explosive, perfectly accurate, completely silent, no tracer bolts while having infinite fuel from aerial combatant.

After killing some mans, drop down because there aren't any targets left, equip le ASP SMG secondary then press G to win firefights.

No aim required.

No positioning required.

No brain required.

No counterplay possible.

Have half the players on the servers fly with drifters and nukebows.

Do devs even play their own game?
    • Up x 8
  2. OgreMarkX

g4/\/\3 d3Z1nG
    • Up x 1
  3. Piska

Stop complaining! It's was clearly obvious, that LA and Infiltrators are the weakest class in the game, so Devs needed slightly buff those classes by giving them competitive weapon, so they can finally kill someone.
    • Up x 1
  4. JustGotSuspended

^

100% agree

I'm thinking give them dalton secondaries next
    • Up x 2
  5. Botji

Cant wait to see what happens when more NC mains get Berserk implant, crossbow and Ocular + conc/flash combo has nothing on a NC shield MAX stomping around with 50 health regen at all times.

Just the auto repair suit slot is almost game breakingly good with the shield and that can be interrupted by damage and only starts back up again after 8 seconds. Berserk implant repairs 400 health in that time, a always on auto repair is disgusting on something that can also become 'immune' to almost all damage being thrown at it for any half decent duration of time.

Its such a powerful and perfect synergy im half convinced a dev was either blackmailed or bribed by a NC MAX main to create it as even if any other faction gets the implant, it wont be anywhere near as good since they dont have a shield to soak up damage and repair behind which might possibly even make it a detriment to have as you dont have a 'OFF' button for the 20% extra damage taken, or almost all damage, being thrown at you.

Its basically a what if scenario where a implant gets added with something silly like "MBT reverse/strafe speed and acceleration increased 300% but driver gun turret -300% traverse speed."
    Perhaps that would be super amazing on a Magrider and kinda iffy on anything else? lets add it!

Blah, recent additions have made me seriously consider cancelling my sub. All these things are blatantly obvious to anyone playing the game yet here they are.
  6. ZDarkShadowsZ

I've attempted to play this weekend. I know that when new content drops, it's quite common to see everyone with it. I try to keep an open mind about all new content that drops but with this I just can't.

I'll be back when the spam dies down and/or when the weapon actually gets changed. Until then, it's back to RimWorld for me.
  7. Crayv

Haven't seen something this OP since the initial release of ZOE MAXes.
    • Up x 3
  8. C4Cypher

The spam isn't dying down ...
    • Up x 1
  9. JustGotSuspended

Yeah the berserker implant is another stroke of genius. Infinite health regen on MAXes, what could go wrong.
  10. InexoraVC

I've already cancelled my sub.
    No more money for stupid ideas
  11. VeryCoolMiller

Infiltrators weakest class in the game ? Infitlrators were released with a pistol and a sniper rifle... during the years they acquired the same killing power of all other classes and are virtually invisible... Infiltrators weak ?
  12. Scroffel5

Its very obviously a joke. Reread the post.
    • Up x 4
  13. Liewec123

I know right? NC getting something useful, must be bribery!

Alas, NC main here, dropped 10k certs and 20k iso into implant packs and recyclers
    and got pretty much every exceptional (which i already had) except beserk.

Lets be real though, Ordnance armour is pretty much mandatory for any max who wants to last longer than 5 seconds out of the spawn room, so a way to slowly heal up without a pocket engi is long overdue,
    I'm just a bit peeved that it is on an exceptional implants so we just need to gamble for months upon months with no guarantee that we will ever get it.
  14. TaHKucT

Excellent crossbows, I turned off my subscription
    • Up x 2
  15. Botji

I bought two 750 cert packs but it showed up almost right away so would have probably gotten it with just the first pack. EZ Implant, GIT GUD! etc.
    ...its on my NSO character though so im not sure I will use it, kinda sure its mediocre to perhaps even bad on anything but a NC shield MAX unless it has a funky interaction with the Seraph shield.

Played a bit on my NC character and got 4-5 of those 750 cert packs... I obviously didnt get it there so im back to scrub status.

Why is Ordnance armor almost mandatory when the shield is capable of saving you from explosives and so much more?
    Seems like a waste to not use auto repair unless you are sure there will be engineers willing to constantly repair you, though I usually play on my own so I mostly judge everything from that experience so everything making you self sufficient gets a extra +.
  16. Liewec123

the shield is buggy, its saved me from hundreds of explosives sure, but its also done jack s%%t for hundreds too.
    also there is that horrendous "sideways shield" bug which happens way more than it should,
    also also there is a good second-ish draw time for the shield, so even if you spot an LA as they're throwing c4 at you its kinda 50/50 whether or not the shield will be up in time to stop you from getting oneshot.

so yeah, until c4 gets balanced properly against maxes i consider Ordnance Armour to be mandatory!
  17. UberNoob1337101

Not to mention, with shield you can get clientsided by enemies, happened to me on Emerald a lot where shield's up on my screen, but from the enemy's POV I've just activated it.

Ordnance armor saves you from so much uncounterable BS that it's a best pick, Kinetic is nice vs AI MAXes but Ordnance helps you avoid OHKs even when you're not prepared for it.

As for beserker, I don't have it unlocked yet and I also don't know if the damage increase is multiplicative or reduces your % resistances.

If it's a fixed -%, then your small arms resist goes from 80% to 60%, which is massive, but if it's only 20% more damage received after the resistance calc then it's no big deal with constant 50HP/sec.
    • Up x 1
  18. Botji

Clientside can happen with whatever you use, just a day or two ago someone blew up my MAX with a teleporting C4. I saw him throw it(Sweeper HUD) but after like 0.5-1m away from his body it just *pop* gone. Then I exploded as it had somehow gone about 5-6m and landed behind me. Sure Ordnance might have saved me there right that instant but probably not from the RL he could have killed me with if I did survive the C4, with lag like that I probably wouldnt even have seen him peek the corner before getting a rocket in my face.

From what I can tell Berserker is not a fixed -% and only increase the damage after resistances.. or perhaps lowers the resistances a little. I havent really tested it much in combat since I have it on my NSO dude but I think I would have noticed taking double damage from people just shooting at me with small arms, I dont think 50 health per second would make up for that.