1 Hour Dev Q&A

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Synapse-, Sep 13, 2014.

1. -Synapse-

Zoran and Drathamus did a Q&A thing with David Carey:

This is the right use of the [PSA] tag right? Right? plzdontkillme.
    • Up x 5
  2. NinjaTurtle

This is an acceptable use of PSA

http://3.bp.************/-JIVQSdAWH_o/Uygl8Kh9B9I/AAAAAAAAF1I/1j1i_K98FlI/s1600/applause-3.gif
    • Up x 5
  3. Pikachu

Some points from the video:
    ■ Vehicle upside down damage is there because they don't know how to make vehicles flip back again and having lots of vehicles everywhere would eat too much performance and they are useless when upside down. I call this BS. There was a time when the flash would automatically turn itself back up. Secondly, flipped vehicles could often be put back up again by friends and some terrain.
    ■ Class&vehicle updates are not going to come in big packages anymore. Small individual parts instead.
    ■ There are plans to change vanguard shield somehow.
    ■ Grenades are very bouncy to allow tactics involving throwing grenades on a wall to make it bounce into a room.
    ■ Some of the performance improvements from the PS4 version will make it to the PC version.
    • Up x 6
  4. AdmiralArcher

they are also looking for UI developers.....send your resume in if you got one (obviously you need to know what you are doing)
    • Up x 2
  5. Pikachu

No one else have opinions on the stuff talked about?
  6. r4zor

Nothing else of importance that was talked about? Sorry I currently dont have the time to watch that video ;)
    Would be nice to get an ETA on Resource Revamp II, Searhus and/or BattleIslands etc etc
  7. Bindlestiff

Agree 100%. What difference does it make if they are right way up, or upside down? It is the same vehicle so the same resources will be needed to render it and perform calculations on. Sure, lots of upside down vehicles are bad but this should be the exception not the rule. Upside down vehicles eventually stop moving, so if anything there is even less strain on performance. If we end up with scores of upside down vehicles, then the game is at fault somewhere.

There is a timer, give it a different timer for upside down purposes if needs be. With resources as they are, if I flip a vehicle, I can instantly pull another, at which point my previous vehicle disappears anyway. I really don't see the problem with leaving them undamaged.

Another example of a stupid and pointless part of the game that is being dressed up with excuses that simply do not wash.
    • Up x 2
  8. Plunutsud pls

I just want better hit detection and optimisation, that is all.
  9. Bindlestiff

Given the state of the game UI, my 5 year old can handle crayons pretty good, so should be ace UI designer by their standards inside a week.
  10. Danath

They could just allow deconstruction and return some of the nanites spent (25%?) so players do care to "clean".
    • Up x 1
  11. Inex

I dunno... I think a proper PSA would have time-coded the questions. ;)
  12. kadney

They should ask Bungie how they managed it in Halo 1. I agree that it isnt realistic to flip tanks.. but there should be a middle path..
  13. Klypto

Important one is that the heavy shield delay is still coming, they have just been too distracted with bugs.
  14. Lethal_Sting

What room? Do they mean that room 50m from the point you originally threw the nade at? :eek:
  15. jiggu

• Heavy Assault shield nerf is coming, it has just been delayed over and over
    Funny enough the question was regarding the vanguard shield, but he didn't answer that
  16. Kriegson

Spitfires!

What did they say about em? I don't have the time to watch the video right now, but I've read elsewhere they at least mentioned them.
  17. -Synapse-

They said that is something they want to add, but they won't be quite as good as they were in PS1.
  18. Magma52

Heavy Shield nerf is still on, then. That's a real shame. All because a bunch of players can't understand that the Heavy is supposed to win 1 v 1 fights.
  19. \m/SLAYER\m/

make it yellow:D
  20. AdmiralArcher

[IMG]
    • Up x 1