01WG- Warriors of Glory TR All Welcome!

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by Chieftan, Dec 6, 2012.

1. TOP-Proto

Yesterday it was mainly WG who under my lead took the indar continent using tactics and teamwork. WG is full of great gamers and as a team and with good communication and teamwork we achieved this.

So what we have been doing recently is working out better strategies. Not zergs on points and not loosing places we just taken

In regards those talking about the fight over the crown.
    Here's what I know about the crown. the crown is purposely not taken by any faction.
    It's a farming point. The aim of the people playing at the crown is to keep the crown in conflict for a long long time and to farm for experience and certs.

This is an unfortunate side effect of how the experience is gained in PS2. You will notice the crown is never really zerged for this very reason. The only other thing you see is small teams taking the smaller bases and trying to expose the bigger hexes for the sole reason of farming that 1000xp. You will even see teams taking these points then giving them away so they can re-take them for another 1000xp. Again this is because of how the game has been designed.

Yesterday we left everyone fighting for the crown, and the YELL channel was full of people shouting about the crown again.
    Meantime we took the entire right side of the map and then the left side of the map. we also worked a bunch of tactics on a point really close to a warpgate to test out how good our defence capabilities were, and we held off full on tank zergs on us and enemy air support until the enemy gave up.

I do admit when i joined we were zerging alot, but we have really focussed the past few weeks and plan to continue to focus on better tactics.

Today we annihilated a fully dug in enemy platoon complete with air and a tank zerg using tactics we were working on with complete success. It was rough around the edges as its the first time we tried to command two platoons simultaneously to hit head on the enemy's platoons.

WG is a fantastic outfit to join. we are friendly and would love to get to know you all.

We also welcome other outfits to our teamspeak to pop in and say hello, bring your outfit platoon and lets work together if you want.
  2. Smoesville

It was a good fight, a pity i had to go to bed before the continent was taken.
  3. Dmenty

I dont want to start a fight, because it is just a game, but that is to much to take:
    It was a good fight? Good tactics? Indar was capet at 5 in the morning with a population of 80% TR, i can see the tactic behind it.
  4. RanKlax

The great strategian with his overlord tactics took indar when there was no resistance. All hail this glorious leader that's gonna unite the tribes!
  5. TOP-Proto

i wasnt talking about yesterday, but the day before.
  6. TOP-Proto

Have a jelly cake :D

Where's my t-shirt and award certificate too???

My point is this, there's people in this forum here claiming we zerg everything, and I wanted to show we actually have improved and we worked together to take Indar.

My point is not "hey look at me im great and leet and i own your continents" - have another jelly cake tho :D

01WG has a good number of platoon leaders who have their own styles of assault and defence and a good number of squad leaders and can apply a vast array of tactics. The point of this thread is to recruit and we have to sell ourselves to do that.

Come find us on teamspeak man.
  7. FinnSimmons

8. DarkPioneer96

Hello, are you still recruiting? I'm interested in joining. I'm 16 from the UK and am really looking forward to some organised team play, im a decent mosquito pilot, but can also fly a liberator, and probably a galaxy even though i haven't tried. My favorite class is engineer, but i am however fairly new to the game, and im only battle rank 11.

Look forward to hearing from you,

DarkPioneer96
  9. Takoita

You are welcome to join us at any time - the only thing you need is to get one of outfit members to invite you in-game.

Teamspeak is encouraged even if you don't have a working mic of your own or can't talk out loud during play for whatever reason, for it provides MUCH easier organization and better voicechat quality; if you are simply tuned into the channel and can hear other people in your platoon, it makes the game much smoother for all involved.

The prime-time is usually sometime around 19:00 GMT, but there is no real fixed play time bar specific events.

You can look up additional information on wgclan.co.uk

Edit: as of the time of this post the site is on maintenance, so you may have to wait a bit.
  10. DarkPioneer96

Hello, ive tried to get onto that site, however It seams to still be down for me, is this the case?
  11. Takoita

I've just tried it, I can log in normally. It seems that Enjin service (the ones hosting the site) was down for maintenance for about 24 hours.
  12. TOP-Proto

Yep its just a matter of time.

Just to update you guys on some of the things we did last night.

1. we ran a few platoons and tested out some new communication systems, I think we hit 80 people on teamspeak (we ran for 3 hours)
    2. after our skirmishes we did a flash race around indar - you may have noticed 40 flashes racing around and a few of you enemy lib pilots blew us up - we had a blast litterally with that, our teamspeak was full of people laughing as we got stuck at shield walls and flying past the crown with flashes (sorry to the enemy max i ran over! ;) )
    3. we had a destruction derby with 40 sundys where we bashed each other in a last man standing fight - was really funny until we weapon locked! :D
    4. we tried to race some mosquitos in the bridge over the impact site
    5. we had 5 infantry running along a galaxy that slow moved to the crown for fun.

If this sounds like fun to you and you want to join an outfit that communicates well, and has fun and does try to run organised platoons on teamspeak, with proper male/female bonding then our outfit really is for you :). ( yes we have real girls in our outfit! )

We are trying to get more people on teamspeak with organised communication (we are working on that!)

The 2 main ways to join
    1. apply on our website
    2. just join us on teamspeak and we shall fit you into a squad.

for the trolls who decide they want to join and cause trouble, EVERY WG member has access to kick and ban trolls so you wont last 2 seconds :)

See you there guys - a good time to show up on teamspeak is about 6pm GMT0 though to about 11pm GMT0
    • Up x 1
  13. Jauster

Just wanna add something here.

We are currently looking for dedicated engineer/mossy pilots and engineer/prowler drivers to work together in an organized platoon on Teamspeak. You don't necessarily need a mic, although it's highly appreciated.

All we ask for is teamplaying and positive attitude.

We have several organized meetings every week, where everyone can join in. Just visit our forums at wgclan.co.uk (< to application form), apply and join us on Ts3 (< Official Teamspeak 3 site - Client download link!).

You will also find tons of information on the forums if you want to organize your own squad / platoon. Talk to our
    members. They will gladly help you.
  14. FinnSimmons

15. Jauster

01WG is recruiting TEAMPLAYERS!

We always have people online. During the day we have more casual play, but in the evenings from 18h00 GMT we are running organized operations, with teamspeak-driven platoons. We are a ground-offensive outfit in the first place, but we also have people specialized in air, for whom there is a channel in our teamspeak, if they wish to use it.
    Next to that we provide special events for people who like a more Milsim approach. And we are building a multi-outfit alliance with many of the other Terran outfits on Cobalt, for which we also have an event.

If you would like to play with us, join our public platoons and log in to our teamspeak 3 server at wgclan.net
    If you want to join 01WG, speak to one of our Lieutenants our Captains on the TS3 server, so we can have a chat.
  16. Jauster

17. Hypest

I was there.

[IMG]
  18. Jauster

Yeah, that was an epic evening :D
  19. Pharax

What is this?! NC and TR picking daisies together!? Madness! :p

/FreeBump.
  20. Jauster

@ Pharax : We actually had a very good time that night playing with our arch enemies. All of the people there are in an outfit. I think there were close to 200 players there on that field, and we did galaxy derbies, sunderer stock races, napoleontic rank and file battles, max melee fights, and a lot of other crazy stuff :D

Anyway, i just wanted to say that this afternoon we had an epic battle again with 01WG. Without boasting I can say we certainly played our role in securing Terran victory for the Indar alert. The Vanu proved to be a worthy adversary, as they often do, but we had an almost full platoon of Teamspeak users, and in the end they were not able to stand up to us.

The teamplay was great, and it's with great pride that I want to say that we have shown to be a very well organized outfit once more on the fields of battle today. Every single member was doing his job. We were pushing up our battle line all the time, doing flanking manoeuvres, doing behind the lines sabotage missions with our LA's and Infiltrators. And most of our tactical moves turned out to be simply succesful, and all this with very limited use of vehicles.

It was an awesome sight to behold!

So, If this appeals to you, we are still looking for people that have a preference for grit and dirt ground combat, are teamplayers, and are prepared to come onto teamspeak whenever they want to play.

If you would like to join 01WG, you can find us on our website at wgclan.co.uk and apply for membership, or you can find us on our teamspeak3 server at wgclan.net.